Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benefits for men that start dressing well . . .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Like, I'd take a guy in a well fitting pair of dark jeans, shoes, shirt and blazer at a work meeting more seriously than someone in a crappy suit that's too big and a tie that doesn't go with the shirt. My reasoning is if he can get dressed in the morning and not notice that he's dressed poorly and in the wrong sized clothes, what else is he not going to notice? Shallow, perhaps, but not unusual I would wager.
    eoinzy2000 wrote: »
    I would argue, that someone who hasn't spent time wondering if he/she looks ok would have a better chance of not missing something important work-wise.

If you asked anyone in my family whether or not I was "fashion conscious" you'd be met with howls of laughter. :pac: They're partially right - until now, I have had very little interest in how I look in the clothes that I wear ... except when I'm working, and no one in the family never gets to see that side of me.

My clients do, though, and I've always made sure that my appearance matches what I think they expect of me, and from real-life feedback, I know that it does make a difference, especially when I don't look like I've just rolled out of bed at 3 in the morning, when I have in fact just rolled out of bed at 3 in the morning.

Off duty, other than in my leisure activities where the look is defined by tradition, I haven't bothered too much about what I wear ... But last week, I went clothes shopping - just clothes shopping :eek: - for the first time ever, and actually enjoyed it. Two things brought that about: first, I'm about to hit 50 and don't want to pass that milestone looking like my best friend who's still wearing the same ill-fitting suits he's always worn; and second, I'm hoping to impress a woman ... :o

That last reason might be rather superficial, but sure helped focus my attention on the former, and what I was buying, and whether or not she's impressed, it's help me decide on a (t-shirt free) look for the next decade or so. :cool:

Advertisement