Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw38 matchday The zarquon thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

86 sees a final rank of 43,732. Not quite what I was hoping for but I'm delighted with it tbh. A cracking last few weeks saved an average season. Still my highest ever finish so hopefully I keep improving. Thanks for everything lads

Rip Zarquon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

92 points and a final rank of 12.8k.

Very happy with my ascent in the closing stages (71k in GW30 to finish inside top 15k). My GW20 wildcard set me up well but some stupid mistakes cost me along the way.

Putting the TC on Sanchez and getting Kane in early for the run-in were the key decisions. A top 1k finish is the aim for next season.

Now what to do over the summer lads?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

88(-4) is a decent score without Kane. Finished at 46800 . Had some awful luck in the 2nd half of the season but also made some really poor decisions along the way so I finished not too far off where I deserved . Was just off the top 50 in the ffs hall of fame and my target this season was to break into that. I'll be a long way off that now after this years finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Best ever year.95(-4) brought me to 4,129 OR.Absolutely delighted.

R.I.P. Zarquon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

manual_man wrote: »
    No Kane last gw. No Kane THIS gw. But €260 coming my way for him securing top scorer :D:D

The exact same apart from the top scorer thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Rodgeb

102 bringing me up to an OR of 3354. My highest ranking ever.

Over the moon with the last few months. Was 108k after TC Aguero in GW27 and didnt even qualify for the first round of the Cup.

Much respect to everyone here, this really is a great little corner of the worldwide web. R.I.P. Zarquon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Finished 4558 overall, and won 7 of my 10 leagues entered. Managed 4th in the qualifying league.

Best previous finish of 15k has been smashed and I'd like to thank everyone in the fsa for being the catalyst for it.

Enjoy the summer folks, see you all soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

85 today see's a small red arrow to 8287. 3rd best finish in 9 years playing so happy out. Similar to Scorpion i was 76k after GW30, today was my first red arrow since then.

FHFC, i just pipped you to first in the buckets league, boring transfer of cedric to lovren 5 mins before the deadline today won it for me, wasn't following today and when i saw captain Costa blanked and the Kane HT i thought i was done for, was sure you would captain Kane. Hard luck.

In Hackers cash league i lost the cup final last week and ended up 5th overall, top 4 got paid, talk about hitting the post!!

RIP Zarquon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

113 sees a jump from 12.5k to 7.7k, delighted with that, best finish to date.
    Thanks for all the great advice here, see yee next season

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

39,343 OR. Delighted I went with Kane as captain in the end today, saved my skin in my money league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

km79 wrote: »
    3 of the 4 who could have passed me also lost I think
    So 5th
    Hopefully good enough

I think that was me, hopefully we both get promoted as we have had similar teams this year. 87 without Kane 20,350 rank.
    This forum makes the game for me, love the Price change thread and all the little nuggets of information every week. Thanks all and RIP Zarquon.
    BTW I had to google Zarquon and he was a Douglas Adams character(someone else who passed away too soon).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Disappointing end to season

Poor Mervyn got pipped at the post by another late entrant in the Sunday world league

That made me smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I'm naming my first born Harry Kane. Boy or girl, it doesn't matter.

That man secured me a win! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Poor Mervyn got pipped at the post by another late entrant in the Sunday world league

Who is Mervyn? And why would you be happy a late entrant beat him. Very unfair I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Who is Mervyn? And why would you be happy a late entrant beat him. Very unfair I think.

Merv himself only joined it about 4 weeks ago.
    Pissed a few of us off who were on the fringes of Top5/6 in the league.

Merv himself only joined it about 4 weeks ago.
    Pissed a few of us off who were on the fringes of Top5/6 in the league.

OK sorry, now I get it. Knew there was an issue with this league but didn't know Mervyn was a late entrant.

OK sorry, now I get it. Knew there was an issue with this league but didn't know Mervyn was a late entrant.

He joined a raft of leagues a few weeks back
    I'd rather that the guy who had been leading for most of the season had won it but he came 3rd

The guy who won overall was only in 3 small leagues !

The guy who won overall was only in 3 small leagues !

Small number of transfers I see.
    What does he win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished up at 47.3k overall. Happy enough with that. Made some dumb moves but that's part of the game's charm I suppose.

Small number of transfers I see.
    What does he win?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/prizes

Fairly poor!
    I had it in my head the prize was 10 grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Team to face Sunderland: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Terry (c); Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard. #CHESUN https://t.co/rMTplwGKje

Team was on their Twitter at 1:59:30

Changed Captaincy to Costa.

Sigh. It was Kane I switched it off. :(

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/prizes

Fairly poor!
    I had it in my head the prize was 10 grand

**** prize for all the advertising space they get. I had 10 grand in my head too. Where did that come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Final score of 92 and final rank of 20,920
    Nice to go out on a high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just noticed I finished 3rd in that and there are prizes for the top 3 :D

Poor Merv!!

Anyone have any idea how you go about letting these people know who you are?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just noticed I finished 3rd in that and there are prizes for the top 3 :D

Poor Merv!!

Anyone have any idea how you go about letting these people know who you are?

Did you not have to give contact details when you entered?

Your e-mail address is linked to team, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Cheers Pedro I've snuck into second in one pay league that looked dead and buried so got 60 euro for my efforts this year.
    88(-4) is a decent score without Kane. Finished at 46800 . Had some awful luck in the 2nd half of the season but also made some really poor decisions along the way so I finished not too far off where I deserved . Was just off the top 50 in the ffs hall of fame and my target this season was to break into that. I'll be a long way off that now after this years finish.
    As I often say, starting line-up is not always a guarantee for points. Glad for you that somehow Pedro made THE cameo not to completely feck up your season ;).
    Top 10k 87 ... overall 58 (after hits).
    Explain why my 96 (-4) wasn't enough to hope for a 4 digits finish. Benteke to blame. Or more accurately... myself. After all, I'm the manager. I make the decisions :D.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    OR 10,316. Sigh
    Crazy thing is chances are just 1 transfer less you'd have gotten it. Not saying you made one too much but just shows how tiny the margins can be at times...
    92 points and a final rank of 12.8k.

Very happy with my ascent in the closing stages (71k in GW30 to finish inside top 15k). My GW20 wildcard set me up well but some stupid mistakes cost me along the way.
    Pretty similar to you. Finished at 13,398.

Was at 54k after GW34. Finished with 4 green arrows. Many thanks to my last 4 captains (Agüero, Sanchez twice & Kane) who brought 167 points all by themselves. And the FPL ballon d'or to Josh King (and km79 for reporting us the news). Only had him for 3 GWs. Got me 25 pts. And got Stanislas for him today. Legend.

So. Of course, knowing myself, I do have the very slight regret of having backed the wrong horse for my 3rd striker -4 punt (debated Vokes, Origi, Llorente and to a much lesser extent Welbeck) - maybe that'd have pushed me up into top 10k. But, after a very strange season for me, where I've been in and out the game (and proportionally I kinda did better while out :pac:), to get my 3rd best finish and a 5th top 20k in 6 full seasons is enough to consider it a successful season :D.

80 points.

Diego fcking Costa.

Late captain switch was a decent effort but costa​ me 13 points and a good few quid.

Finished 8,887 OR. My second worst in 4 seasons but still not bad and a decent cash league pot captured again.

Only came 1st in one league that is a pretty easy
    one. Forget the username but one of ye feckers pipped me for top spot by 3 points in the Buckets league.

Had a good run on Captaincy in second half of the season but 2 close calls on captains in the final 2 GWs cost me the elusive top 5k.

It's been emotional. I'll probably try again next season. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Did you not have to give contact details when you entered?

Your e-mail address is linked to team, no?

No details.
    Not sure who can see your email address

Finished 8,887 OR. My second worst in 4 seasons but still not bad and a decent cash league pot captured again.
    You could have said 3rd best :p.

iroced wrote: »
    You could have said 3rd best :p.

Maybe. But you'd think I'd be getting better at this nonsense by now!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I lost one money league by 6 points. Disgusted.

If I had have captained Kane instead of Coutino... Ifs and buts etc. Just glad it was over 4 due to my transfer mistake earlier

First year taking it competively ended on 61K OR and 2200 points

Won a fair bit of dollar this year. Probably about 200 quid profit. So happy enough with that.

Maybe. But you'd think I'd be getting better at this nonsense by now!! ;)
    Ha, that's your last captain fail speaking here ;).

You certainly have one of the best record from all of us in here. 4 seasons: 4 top 15k. 3 top 10k. 1 kinda top 5k. And so many good analyses and advice. Sincerely, that is impressive!

About progression. 3 seasons ago I fought for most of the season to try and get a top 1k finish. Failed but still ended 1663rd. Thought I was the "king of the World" and I'd have a go at it every season. And kinda considered top 10k a "given". Well, since that great record, had a really tough one where I battled for the whole season to finally grab a GW38 top 10k. Then last year I experienced a similar run of misfortune than Busts this season but did not get the little slice of luck in the end (and that 69k stain on my record still "hurts" :pac:). And this season, I could never get a decent run without making a mess of it or getting unlucky with my choices up to these last 4 GWs where I finally made the right choices and the lucky calls more consistently.

So. Progression is one sweet thing. But consistency at top level is a lot tougher and should give you more satisfaction ;).

I guess now you're kinda disappointed you lost the Wimbledon final to Roger Federer 'cause feck it that's a final! But later in the week you'll realise you came out of the Irish qualifiers to defy the Master on his "home" ground. And you'll be feckin' proud of it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mno101

thanks to a Kane TC I finished No.1 in 2 mini-leagues (incl work league which makes this a good Monday !).
    ......steady progression in 2nd season..looking forward to next year.

RIP Zarquon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Very sad to hear about Zarquon.

I carried my FT over to next year, that's how much I've let this slip. Hopefully a renewed interest next year. Non league football awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

83 points yesterday seen me slip 1K positions but stayed inside the top 10K at 9650. Highest position I've finished do I'm delighted! Thanks to all for your tips and advice throughout the year!

iroced wrote: »
    Ha, that's your last captain fail speaking here ;).

You certainly have one of the best record from all of us in here. 4 seasons: 4 top 15k. 3 top 10k. 1 kinda top 5k. And so many good analyses and advice. Sincerely, that is impressive!

Mods. Can we please make this a sticky.... ^^^

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well after the all the dust and autosubs settled...I ended up on 2,231 points and OR of 41,794.

My second season playing (finished on 49K) last year.....not sure what I've learned this season tbh...was having an absolute mare until 2 weeks ago....205 points in the DGW and 96 yesterday putting a major gloss on things :cool:

I guess the main takeaway might be "Don't give up....crazy sh1t can happen in the last 2 GWs" :D

Nowhere near in the couple of money leagues I entered but I did sneak 2nd place in my work league so might be getting a €25 All for One voucher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Very happy with this year. I got 2311 point and I finished 9037 overall. That's my highest ranking in 3 seasons.

Topped 4/6 mini leagues by about 90-100 points.

Thanks for the help this year lads and see you in a few months.

I'm really looking forward to switching off the Fantasy manager in me for a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lost a money league by 19pts when I was 3 ahead at the start of the day. Made bad transfers, took out Hazard and Eriksen for Fabregas and Coutinho for a -4. Needless.

Still, overall rank of 25k and a few quid from other leagues makes it an ok season, considering I was going to take this year off. Roll on August.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Stuck btween 100-150k most of the season,but 3 massive weeks at the end
    GW 36 WC=75PTS
    GW 37 TC=184PTS
    GW 38 BB=111PTS

Rose from 175k to Pb of45k so happy enough

Roll on the middle of July

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Finished at 1082. Third best finish ever and very happy with it.

I started well and probably suffered from not being aggressive enough transfer-wise as I leaned towards playing safe. The skinny and double gameweeks distorted my decisions too much this season. I'll try to remember not to fall into the same traps next season.

Four red arrows in the final four weeks of the season were not costly fortunately. Glad of the break now, but come July I'll be itching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Finished on 255k.

I was 6k OR in GW13 and was flying. Then for whatever reason I took my attention away from the game and really dropped off - 590k in GW26.

A big of slagging pursued with my friends and a 50 euro bet was placed. Got back into the game and finished on 255k and won the 50 quid!

Overall, not too bad. Was a sh1tty unfortunate unlucky season at times. But you can't bate FPL :)

Again, my last four seasons including this year, since joining and reading this thread, read: 351k, 31k, 197k and 255k. Always great advice and even better craic. Until next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

After 4 seasons I let this year slip early on due to illness but got stuck in again towards the end of the season.

You guys are a great community and I love checking in over the last few years seeing what the long standing members think and just gauging opinions.

This place wouldn't be the same without Kevs wildcards, Prodston Towers, the witty songs and FHFC's spreadsheets.

I was really shocked to hear about Zarquon the weekend as I did not see him post about his illness and I was quite taken aback.

Zarquon was a clever, intellectual, witty and knowledgeable poster. I will miss his contribution and will be happy to participate in any charity league next season as a player or admin.

RIP Zarquon I will break the top 10k just for you next year

Advertisement