Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albinism

Options
  • 13-05-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi i was just wondering if there was any boards members with children that have albinism ? my daughter is 11 months old and was diagnosed with albinism from birth,I would love to get some tips on how to properly protect her in the sun but there isnt much information available,I always apply suncream and put her sun hat and sunglasses on when we leave the house but she still seems so uncomfortable with any sort of lighting and has also not yet made any eye contact with either of us. Any advice or insights are welcomed.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

No personal experience, but I wonder what sort of sunglasses you're using? Wraparound styles which block any light coming in from the sides can be much more comfortable for people with albinism.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you get in contact with https://childvision.ie/site/ or the school for the blind in Drumcondra both should be able to put you in contact with other parents and advise about protecting her eyes and skin.

Advertisement