Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Enniscrone

Options
  • 14-05-2017 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Greetings! I am visiting Ireland in July. Will be staying at the Waterfront House for two days. I don't want to rent a car because I am going to be meeting my tour group after my stay at the Waterfront House.  What is the best way to get to Enniscrone from Dublin Airport? Train or Shuttle bus?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mythical123

Greetings! I am visiting Ireland in July. Will be staying at the Waterfront House for two days. I don't want to rent a car because I am going to be meeting my tour group after my stay at the Waterfront House.  What is the best way to get to Enniscrone from Dublin Airport? Train or Shuttle bus?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

No good way really

Bus to Dublin city centre then train to sligo or westport

Then taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mythical123

No good way really

Bus to Dublin city centre then train to sligo or westport

Then taxi

Google maps will tell you get the bus to ballina (small town in North mayo West sligo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Probably most direct route as Ballina is only about 20 minutes drive from Enniscrone! Sligo is about 40 minutes drive to there!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

Greetings! I am visiting Ireland in July. Will be staying at the Waterfront House for two days. I don't want to rent a car because I am going to be meeting my tour group after my stay at the Waterfront House. What is the best way to get to Enniscrone from Dublin Airport? Train or Shuttle bus?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Get the train or bus to either ballina or Sligo , there is a bus that goes from ballina to Sligo that you can stop in enniscroine , the waterfront is about five minutes walk then. My advice is get the train from Dublin to ballina its easier just check the time table that it co insides with your travel plan's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

after my stay at the Waterfront House.  

According to it's facebook page, Waterfront House has closed?

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfrontSligo/

I stayed there, and dined there. Great place for solo traveller like myself as well in Enniscrone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

The water front reopened about two weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eefslol

Get as far as Ballina by train or bus. There is then a fairly regular bus from Ballina to Enniscrone - a taxi wouldn't be ridiculous either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

The No. 22 bus goes directly form Dublin Airport to Ballina. It is by far the most convenient way to travel.
    Capture.jpg

Advertisement