Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunq bank, free

• 14-05-2017 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hi on a TV commercial in the Netherlands I came across the bank called bunq.

It's close to number26 but everyone can open an account doesn't matter if you are living in Ireland or not.

It's really easy to do and there are many ways of verification but they will simple call you within the app for the verification.

I know i should have posted more information but I don't have access to a computer at this moment.

Maybe this is something for number26 replacement or just a different view?

You can also open a shared account and allowed to open 10 free bank accounts in your account. First card is free but then 9.00 for a 4 year valid card as far as I could see.

Oh and website is www.bunq.com but they do not offer a web version it's more like "monzo" in the UK/NI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For reference, there is a thread about it already: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101816421

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭prmcnamara

Their app is really well-made and their support is great. Also, the ten IBANs is interesting. I don't use them though because I don't like the card they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

They've since changed the pricing slightly, but still free if don't use the card. The shorter Dutch IBANs freak out some businesses here though.

Advertisement