Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB offer to reduce mortgage interest rate

• 14-05-2017 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

I got a letter on Friday from AIB saying I could avail.of their cheaper mortgage variable rates if my house has appreciated bringing my LTV to less than 80% which it definitely is.

There was also an even lower rate first LTV less than 50% but not anywhere near that for a few more years.

It said I need an up to date valuation and even though I will be calling them tomorrow, who would I get to do a valuation?
    Do the bank do it?
    Do they do it for free? Lovely people that they are!
    Do they do it for a fee? Is it going to cost as much as the potential savings?
    Do I arrange it myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

AIB website have the list of their valuers. If i remember correctly from your comment on a post a while beck, you are in Lucan area? The estate agent beside super value, Dunnes, Star Bucks in Lucan did mine, and it cost €140.

EDIT: and you will arrange it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

bbari wrote: »
    AIB website have the list of their valuers. If i remember correctly from your comment on a post a while beck, you are in Lucan area? The estate agent beside super value, Dunnes, Star Bucks in Lucan did mine, and it cost €140.

EDIT: and you will arrange it yourself.

Lucan, correct.

Good stuff thanks for the reply I will be doing my sums now but I think it's about a 0.25% reduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

bmwguy wrote:
    Good stuff thanks for the reply I will be doing my sums now but I think it's about a 0.25% reduction

You are lucky to be offered this by AIB. Unlike UB and like KBC, they didn't have to offer you the lower rates. I'm sure, you will make the 140 savings in a month or two. Look at the property price register to see what the properties are sold for in your area, this will give you an idea of your LTV bracket. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

bbari wrote: »
    You are lucky to be offered this by AIB. Unlike UB and like KBC, they didn't have to offer you the lower rates. I'm sure, you will make the 140 savings in a month or two. Look at the property price register to see what the properties are sold for in your area, this will give you an idea of your LTV bracket. Best of luck.

I have a 190k mortgage on a 270/280k property. Definitely between the 50% to 80% bracket I have been offered to move to.

Advertisement