Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on rebuilding kanger rba

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Funny you mention that. It does run on after i let go of button. Almost evertime i rebuild it. Only for second or so.

Down to the coil then. Best thing you can invest in is a coil master! I got a kit on amazon they have them cheaper on eBay but they are in china longer postage.

diy-kit-v3-con.png

This is all you need for the coil making.

coilmaster-coiling-kit-v4_1-600x600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

What would the problem with the coil be? I tried the scottish roll last night and spent bit more time overall and it seems better this time.
    Time will tell.

Im looking at that exact kit actually. Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

I'll post pics of my next build which will probably be later this evening or tomorrow morning.

What would the problem with the coil be? I tried the scottish roll last night and spent bit more time overall and it seems better this time.
    Time will tell.

Im looking at that exact kit actually. Looks great

I'm not too sure might be the way its wrapped. Just a guess but if the radius of the circles are not even the +/- will take longer to travel and cause a problem. Have to get the coil tight that's what the coil master does.

What I do also, on the horizontal, is build it so the coil legs are at the same height of the screw post's and then pull it down tightening the coil. I also try to get the coil in the exact centre of the post's. Its finicky but after doing it so many times I don't even think about it anymore. Think it took me about 30 mins to build the first one.

I'm not too sure might be the way its wrapped. Just a guess but if the radius of the circles are not even the +/- will take longer to travel and cause a problem. Have to get the coil tight that's what the coil master does.

What I do also, on the horizontal, is build it so the coil legs are at the same height of the screw post's and then pull it down tightening the coil. I also try to get the coil in the exact centre of the post's. Its finicky but after doing it so many times I don't even think about it anymore. Think it took me about 30 mins to build the first one.

Yeah i never know if its to be tight together or spaced. Keep hearing differnet opinions. Im only learning so ill try anything till i find something that works for me and my setup.

• Advertisement

Yeah i never know if its to be tight together or spaced. Keep hearing differnet opinions. Im only learning so ill try anything till i find something that works for me and my setup.

Here's a video I watched when learning how to build the coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

bet any money you have the old rba head......it has smaller side holes than the plus one.....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/611-kangertech-mini-rba-plus.html

i wick by rolling a tite end on the cotton threading threw the hole on side of chimney then threw the coil and out the other hole on chimney,cut off excess and flush up a bit,you will never have a dry hit my coils can last me weeks wicks depends on juice

i am tempted to try that dragon build tho :)

jambofc wrote: »
    bet any money you have the old rba head......it has smaller side holes than the plus one.....

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/611-kangertech-mini-rba-plus.html

i wick by rolling a tite end on the cotton threading threw the hole on side of chimney then threw the coil and out the other hole on chimney,cut off excess and flush up a bit,you will never have a dry hit my coils can last me weeks wicks depends on juice

i am tempted to try that dragon build tho :)

Mine has side holes but i dont think they are that big lol.

Does anyone know what size the holes in new one are in mm. Will drill them out.

Mine has side holes but i dont think they are that big lol.

Does anyone know what size the holes in new one are in mm. Will drill them out.

Mine are 3.4mm. Have another one with smaller 2.45mm holes. Measured with calipers.

Mine are 3.4mm. Have another one with smaller 2.45mm holes. Measured with calipers.

Mine are 2.4 max id say.

• Advertisement

Mine are 2.4 max id say.

Try a smaller amount of cotton before expanding the holes I'd say. Probably better off getting the RBA with the larger holes anyway just in case you mess up. I use the one with the larger holes used the smaller holes for the single vertical. You have to remember the cotton is like a sponge once liquid goes onto it, it expands!

Have that Scottish wicking going 5 days now. I reused the dual coils just cleaned them off dry firing and dipping in a glass of water. Might have used too little cotton a tiny bit more would have been perfect I think. Getting a small amount of juice on my lips every so often. There does be a small coating on the inside of the drip tip.

What I'm finding with less cotton is its burning more juice but as I said I'm getting juice in the drip tip and on my lips so its burning too much juice. There has to be a bang amount of cotton that will be enough to not get dry hits but also last the longest amount of time. Had a look at the coils last night they are a little blackened, hardly any black on the cotton, lets see how long I get out of it! Had the single vertical packed like in the video that did not last as long as I get from other builds (2.5 holes RBA).

Its the better wicking technique I've used so far anyway. There is zero juice going to the air holes like what I got using the horizontal. I'll post some pictures of the build stages or see if I can do a video of it once I get it correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Too little cotton in the coil has air going through the coil & that causes spit back,I always like my coils tight with cotton inside the coil & less at the ends...just snip the cotton ends at an angle at the top...

Trying a few things myself with varying success.
    Using the scottish roll at the min but not very tight and so far so good (touch wood)
    Took extra bit of time and care with the coil aswel.

Have the rba plus with bigger holes ordered from fasttech along with a v8 baby tank and rba for it.

Happy enough with the wick in this coil. Have used it alot over last 10 hours since i built it and it seems perfect each time.

Whereas before i would get about an hours vaping max before it was a smoke fest.

At least i know i can build one that works now which gives me hope for the next one lol.

Thanks again to everyone for the input, help and advice. Its much appreciated.

Happy enough with the wick in this coil. Have used it alot over last 10 hours since i built it and it seems perfect each time.

Whereas before i would get about an hours vaping max before it was a smoke fest.

At least i know i can build one that works now which gives me hope for the next one lol.

Thanks again to everyone for the input, help and advice. Its much appreciated.

That's what it boils down to... Confidence..... in every respect, :) even for the next one!

Advertisement