Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets chilli?

Options
  • 14-05-2017 11:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Hello. Do anyone have the recipe for, or know how Eddie Rockets make their 3 bean chilli? it's probably one of the best chili con carne I've had when eating out.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knorr make a good chili spice packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Eddie Rockets / Knorr / Good ?!!!

OP - chilli is so easy to make. It is onions, garlic, peppers, cumin, chilli powder, paprika, oregano, tomatoes and cayenne pepper for heat plus the beans or meat (or both). I can guarantee what you make will be infinitely better than Knorr or Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Chilli doesnt get much better than Sparks recipe here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66367505

Been making that chilli recipe for several years now and it never dissappoints. I make it in bulk and then freeze portions so I always have it available when I dont feel like cooking. Its a lot of effort but well, well worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

BailMeOut wrote:
    Eddie Rockets / Knorr / Good ?!!!

I read it that they were taking the proverbial somewhat and saying that a Knorr pack would make a chilli just as "good" as Eddies, i.e. not at all.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I read it that they were taking the proverbial somewhat and saying that a Knorr pack would make a chilli just as "good" as Eddies, i.e. not at all.

I have never eaten Eddie Rocket Chilli but suspect that it would be just as bad as Knorr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Knorr packet is good. It's just a blend of spices and herbs. You still need to bring quality ingredients to the mix.

Certain air of superiority here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Knorr packet is good. It's just a blend of spices and herbs. You still need to bring quality ingredients to the mix.

It's not superiority. You're in a forum of people who cook the majority of their food from scratch. ie. without a packet of something in sight. You never know. You could end up getting a recipe off someone in here for the best chilli you've ever tasted in your life :D

You wouldn't go into a photography forum and ask them if they thought the pictures from your disposable camera were good quality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you ignore the "diet" bit, THIS Hairy Bikers recipe is delicious. I make it all the time, but I sauté the onion and mince in olive oil. I also add a couple of teaspoons of cocoa powder (or a few squares of dark chocolate), and if you haven't got any wine a splash of balsamic vinegar works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Chilli doesnt get much better than Sparks recipe here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66367505

Been making that chilli recipe for several years now and it never dissappoints. I make it in bulk and then freeze portions so I always have it available when I dont feel like cooking. Its a lot of effort but well, well worth it imo.

Nice recipe... but too much effort fir me!!! Is there a 'short version'

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »

ok so you have me intrigued about Knorr as in my own head Knorr is all MSG, Salt and cornstarch and I have never bought any of their products ever. Yesterday I took a look at their Chilli while in supermarket and I guess it is not as bad as what I thought. Still however will be making my own!

417961.jpg

Advertisement