Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

explorer.exe there is not enough free memory

Options
  • 14-05-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi
    something has happened my laptop in the last couple of days. after a few minutes the internet seems to freeze and i get the above error (explorer.exe there is not enough free memory to run the program. exit one of more programs and then try again). i have to hold down the power button every time to restart. i can watch something while the background freezes but then i have to do it all again. i did a malware scan but that brought up no results. no idea what is happening or how it got like this. any ideas what i can do??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi
    something has happened my laptop in the last couple of days. after a few minutes the internet seems to freeze and i get the above error (explorer.exe there is not enough free memory to run the program. exit one of more programs and then try again). i have to hold down the power button every time to restart. i can watch something while the background freezes but then i have to do it all again. i did a malware scan but that brought up no results. no idea what is happening or how it got like this. any ideas what i can do??
    thanks

A quick Google found this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/there-is-not-enough-free-memory-to-run-this/815fcc17-b5a5-4468-98c7-94d1ba3e5b3c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

i did about 8 different attempts with the different answers when i first googled jim but no luck so thats why i tried on here. still hoping its just something small

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bungaro79 wrote: »
    i did about 8 different attempts with the different answers when i first googled jim but no luck so thats why i tried on here. still hoping its just something small

Download adwcleaner and run it and see how you get on...

And when it's done run cccleaner to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Check whats using lots of RAM in TaskManager. Does system report having as much RAM as it should have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for the replies guys, finally got it sorted!

found something on a google search eventually. had to go into msconfig and on the general tab select "selective start up" and choose "load system services". then i had to click on the "hide all microsoft services" box and then i think it was disable all and restart the computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement