Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean film crew

Options
  • 14-05-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Spotted a Korean Film crew shooting in Tigh Coilí yesterday. Fairly large crew. Was in a hurry but heard a passer by saying they were 'famous Korean stars' :) I think they were singing. Anyone know who they were exactly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Not sure who they are, but filming down at Quay Street now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No Idea who they are ? But they were pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Noh Hung-Chul is filming a travel show, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The singers I saw were men and women, didn't hear them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Noh Hung-Chul is filming a travel show, apparently.

The elevator fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BeginAgain

inisboffin wrote: »
    Spotted a Korean Film crew shooting in Tigh Coilí yesterday. Fairly large crew. Was in a hurry but heard a passer by saying they were 'famous Korean stars' :) I think they were singing. Anyone know who they were exactly?

The show is called "Begin Again". Its a cable show by JTBC. The format is that a group of talented Korean musicians fly to Ireland to begin again as buskers. The show leans heavily on the films "Once" and "Begin Again" which were hugely popular in South Korea. The show is online but not subbed. Unfortunately clips on JTBC site are regionally blocked and the Youtube JTBC account only has the press conference for the show.

Noh Hong-chul is the MC and the bands general dogs body. As said below he is the lift guy from the Gangnam Style video. Completely bonkers even by Korean standards do more toned down in this show. He would be know more as an ex member of the hugely popular Mudo/Infinite Challenge Variety show. Incidentally the main MC of Infinite Challenge, Yoo Jae-suk is the guy in the yellow suit and red car in the Gangnam Style video.

The female member and lead singer is Lee So-ra whose best known work would be "The Wind Blows". Amazing voice and not bad at singing in English for someone who can't speak much English.

Yoon Do-hyun is the bands guitarist and male singer. He is a rock/pop/folk musician, musical singer and MC. He is pretty good at English and sings U2 covers.

You Hee-yeol is the Korean Jules Holland, he presents a weekly music show called You Hee-yeol Sketchbook. He is a classically trained pianist who goes by the project band name Toy when he releases music. His best known composition would be a " A Passionate Goodbye". So a fairly talented and well known trio of musicians from Korea.

That filming crew would be the on the small size for a Korean variety show and after all filming overseas is more costly. It wouldn't be uncommon to see 50-70 people behind the scenes for shows such as Running Man or Infinite Challenge when filmed outdoors in Korea. Pretty much all Korean outdoor variety shows make excellent use of drones and some great shots of Slane Castle and Galway City seen from overhead in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BeginAgain

inisboffin wrote: »
    The singers I saw were men and women, didn't hear them though!

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Thanks for the links. Galway looks stunning in the sunshine.

Thanks for the links!

Obvs a studio recording but well synched and Galway looks lovely and sunny!

And under the new (proposed) bye laws they'd be fined 75 quid for drawing a crowd. :(

• Advertisement

Doubt anything'll happen. Most buskers I've seen that draw crowds have been very respectful and ensure to give adequate room for people to pass by.

Doubt anything'll happen. Most buskers I've seen that draw crowds have been very respectful and ensure to give adequate room for people to pass by.

I agree most buskers are respectful - but many see this as a slippery slope. I mentioned in another thread that these points are vague. So if certain people say there was someone blocking their door for 30 seconds, does the busker still get fined? Most shops are grand too, it's apparently just one or two that are pushing for these byelaws. I just hope it's not yet another way for the council to try to extract money for nothing.

Advertisement