Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1960s Film Location - Bray area?

Options
  • 14-05-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to identify this film location from "The Violent Enemy" (1967). Some interiors were shot at Ardmore and also the Scalp Filling Station, but the bulk of the filming took place in Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford. Could the factory pictured below be on the Boghall Road? Thanks. :)

FACTORY.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Could it be special effects?

Doesn't really look like any buildings on the Boghall now - was the Shering Plough building built back then?

Have you got footage of it or just this pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Could it be special effects?

Doesn't really look like any buildings on the Boghall now - was the Shering Plough building built back then?

Have you got footage of it or just this pic?

That's a screenshot so not special effects. Schering Plough were relative newcomers to the Boghall Road so I don't think it's anything to do with them as the movie was shot in 1966. Thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Del.Monte wrote: »
    That's a screenshot so not special effects.. :)

I appreciate that but all the Sci fi movies from then would have had superimposed buildings etc in the backgrounds..

This might be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭George White

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I appreciate that but all the Sci fi movies from then would have had superimposed buildings etc in the backgrounds..

This might be similar

A matte shot. The texture's not quite right.

The film was also IIRC shot in Wexford, and at Ardmore.
    Why do you think it was shot on Boghall or in Bray, Del?

Advertisement