Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not all bad in Howth

Options
  • 14-05-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of a mechcanical coming up the climb out of Howth harbour today.Saddle clamp came loose.Found all the bolts and a fellow cyclist found stopped to give me part of the clamp (thank's mate).
    Anyway I was just about to phone home for a lift,when a gentleman doing some gardening offered me some allen keys to put the whole lot back together.

So as much as I've given out about near misses while out in Howth,the posters a few weeks back etc,not all Howth residents hate us cyclist.

This man was a gentleman and I just felt I had to mention my experience here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Nice to see some good news for once on the forum fair play to both the cyclist and the gardener

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Fair play to the guys who helped you, but would you not be more self sufficient and carry a multi tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I do on the MTB bike and a powerlink if I get a broken chain.Will have to top up the roadbike saddlebag with same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Fair play to the guys who helped you, but would you not be more self sufficient and carry a multi tool?

Nah, he's pretty easygoing.

Advertisement