Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s screen question

Options
  • 14-05-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Recently had screen replaced and looks like there is a little pinhole to the left of the camera, it's flush with the screen just like the camera is but didn't notice it on my previous screen. Was it always there and what is it for???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Microphone.

I thought the microphone is on the bottom beside the charger point, opposite side of the speaker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

vicwatson wrote: »
    I thought the microphone is on the bottom beside the charger point, opposite side of the speaker

There's 3. One on the bottom, one on the back, and one on the front. Otherwise you wouldn't have clear sound on video and FaceTime calls. The front one also assists with noise cancelling.

This is flush with the camera, a microphone that's covered over?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The details of the screen is displayed here

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    The details of the screen is displayed here

And this pinhole sized thingy is to the left of the FaceTime camera but is not mentioned in your diagram

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Think there is a proximitity sensor, which allows the screen to go dark when you put the phone to your head, and a light sensor for auto-brightness on the 5s. Could be one of those.

Advertisement