Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Political Satire Allowed in Politics Forum Threads?

Options
  • 14-05-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

I'd like some clarification.

In the Politics Section today a moderator in the Donald Trump thread took down the latest "Saturday Night Live" clip that is critical Donald trump, with the comment "This isn't the place for comedy videos".

I'm curious where the line is drawn then because political satire and political cartoons do play an important role. Are cartoons not allowed? Can we show a still image and not a video? Whats the rule so we can be aware? Saturday Night Live is the only mainstream US programme that satirises the president and as such is quite an important voice. I think it is entirely relevant to a thread who's subject is Donald Trump.

As far as I can see the closest the charter gets to political satire is this line:

"Naturally some posts will be humorous by nature but if they start dragging threads off topic, they maybe deleted."

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I'd ask the moderator if you could start a 'Political Satire' thread in the Politics Cafe & post it there maybe. Surely there's a place on Boards for satirical content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well that would have been helpful if the moderator had mentioned that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Well that would have been helpful if the moderator had mentioned that.

With respect, it is in the charter. You could have PM'd me and got a much quicker response to your question.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

With respect, it is in the charter.

who actually reads those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

With respect, it is in the charter. You could have PM'd me and got a much quicker response to your question.

I quoted the charter in my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is not site feedback. This is a query relating to a specific matter in a specific forum that could easily have been taken care of via PM. Moved to Help Desk.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement