Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum (Mod Bias)

Options
  • 14-05-2017 7:29pm

Banned from soccer forum.

Some Mods showing leniency to obvious trolls and then handing out warnings for similar or less offences to other posters from different fan bases.

I've reported worse offences then what I was warned 2 days ago. I can also point to worse offences from posters re my 2nd warning today if it didn't fall under the wide umbrella of trolling. (still waiting on a full explanation of what was considered the troll)

I did want to just sit out the forum but was my request was ignored by Dfx and turtwig

The parts of the forum I use have been unreadable at times this season due to certain people and has been let go, when I used a similar posting style in another part of the forum I get warned and banned within minutes.

Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you disputing your card? If not your complaint should be moved to the Help Desk

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you disputing your card? If not your complaint should be moved to the Help Desk

Disputing it on mod bias yes

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Your option here is to dispute the card. We will not discuss any mod actions or inactions you deemed inappropriate in connection with any other posts or posters

If you wish to complain about mod bias this should be dealt with in the Help Desk forum

Im disputing the two cards Ive recieved over it, we dont have to discuss it but are you refusing to look into the dispute?

All Im looking to see is if a Cmod holds up the decision

• Advertisement

I did not know if it was a dispute within the remit of this forum until you confirmed you were disputing two yellows - presumably the two most recent yellows you received in the forum?

Can you confirm you have tried to resolve your disputes via PM with the 2 mods involved? And to be clear I am not interested in your accusations of mod bias here. My only concern is whether the yellows were warranted under forum and site rules. If you wish to pursue your complaint about mod bias that can be done in the Help Desk once these appeals have been dealt with.

I have tried to resolve the issues yes. And the most recent ones yes

OK, so the first card you accused another user of being a troll. You made reference to what you claimed they posted on twitter

The mod commented when carding you
    Attack the post; not the poster. If you have issue with someone's posting style then report their posts. All you post does it serves to add fuel to fire and potential train wreck post deleted.

I agree with the mod's comments and uphold the card

Second card today, posted in the West Ham v Liverpool match thread:
    Can't watch a game that hasn't started typical Liverpool fans ye are always premature just like her league win in October ;)
    Very clearly trolling Liverpool fans, and I'm upholding the card

2 week ban automatically follows your 3rd card of the season

Appeals dismissed and ban upheld

You may ask an Admin to review this if you wish

I didnt call him a troll merely pointed out he had done so himself before.

Cool cheers for looking into it.

And ya move it up the line thanks.

I've asked this to be marked for Admin attention

• Advertisement

Thanks Beasty

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, I've taken a look at these two cards. The first one, I can see your point that you were pointing out that AIG had called himself a troll previously, but that doesn't get around the fact that the whole post is basically having a go at him. As the mod note says, attack the post, not the poster, and I'm afraid in this case you've done the latter.

The second card was for trolling, and tbh there's no way you can defend that because you were trolling. Tbh, I would have given another card for trolling for this post in the same thread:
    Liverpool all but secure the top 4 trophy. Wonder when klopp will organise the parade.

I see no reason to overturn either card, they're both pretty clear-cut imo, and consequently the ban for cumulative yellow cards is also upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement