Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move from Full Time to Part Time

Options
  • 14-05-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Yall

I recently changed job for what turns out to be a role nothing really like what was described at interview.

I started to look around again and was offered a role more in line with my experience but for the next few months at least will be just 2 days per week.

Can I claim a JSB (I've been working for 11 years more or less continuously) for the days I'm not working while I find something to fill the gap or the company moves to offer me full time work?

A mate suggested welfare will have me washing dishes in hotels part time which, and Im not knocking it as I did it in my teens, Im a little long in the tooth for it now.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Technically, the answer is no.
    In order to get a Jobseekers payment you must have suffered a loss of employment and be looking for and available for work, so if you leave a job or take a job with less hours or cut back on your hours then you fail on these criteria.

Advertisement