Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a jacket

Options
  • 14-05-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a light enough jacket for showers? It appears that many are not made in a size big enough for me. Due to the nature of cycling clothing sizes I'd probably be a 3-4xl. In ordinary clothes I'd be xl or sometimes 2xl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

have you got a bike shop near you? I have the same problem I'm a big lass and I tried on the largest jackets they had, they didn't fit but I got them to order me a size up and it worked well for me
    If you want to try on line theres a brand called Fat Lad At The Back who do larger sizes
    https://fatladattheback.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Thank Spudgun. FLATB looks really promising. Hopefully I'll get into a few bike shops at the weekend to check too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

I have something like this jacket its great keeps the wind out, deffinatly get around to some bike shops Its always better to try something on it will give you a better idea of the sizing
    http://www.pearlizumi.co.uk/men-s-elite-barrier-jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ive never used a jacket in my shower........ (Sorry :P )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Do you want something breathable, or just something waterproof, cheap and packable? I have the Agu Secco Condom jacket - picked it up from Planet X on sale. No idea what sizes they go up to - it's waterproof, very backable, but isn't breathable so really just for showers where it'll be on and off,in the summer at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement