Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glowy look?

Options
  • 14-05-2017 10:57pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So recently I've started paying more attention to how my makeup looks, I now use brushes instead of my fingers.

On a workday I wear primer, foundatoin highlighter, blusher and powder.

watching other women out recently they have really glowy skin, whereas my skin looks a bit dry or powdery after i apply my makeup.

Do I stop using powder, or is there other products that will make my skin glow that bit better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

An illuminating primer should help and using a dewy setting spray / finishing spray would remove the powdery look. I love Mac Fix+ for this, they sell travel sizes at the tills now for 10e to test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Could depend on the foundation you're using either. I like popping strobe cream under my foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I like to mix a liquid highlighter into my foundation, only a teeny bit though.

I'm using the Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer currently and love it. I'd recommend it.

I also find using a finishing/setting spray can give a dewy look and take down any powdery look/finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Would you consider going to a make up counter for some advice OP?

I think the main things you need to consider are
    -choice of foundation - If you're using Double wear or something similarly full coverage, the dewey look isnt going to happen. You need a nice, lightweight foundation.
    -the power you use and how you apply it. It can be very easy to be heavy handed with setting powder. IMO its best to "pat" it onto the skin (after shaking the excess of your skin) rather than using tradational brush strokes, whcih can result in a caked appearance. My favourite setting powder is MakeUp Forever HD powder because its translucent and super finely milled as well whcih helps it not look heavy.
    -I'd also recommend trying a fixing spray in lieu of a powder.
    -MAC stobe cream can also help give you a bit of a glow under your foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Only apply powder to your t-zone, otherwise you will dull your entire face.

Foundations for a glowy/dewy finish -
    *Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
    *Ellis Faas Skin Veil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got a sample earlier indoors but will check out your suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mix some highlighter or strobe cream into your foundation. Use cream blushes instead of powder blush. Powder your T zone and leave the cheeks powder free. Use a highlight on top of the cream blush, lately I'm using the RMS Living Luminizor and its amazing. Dewy skin in a jar. I can't stress enough the importance of having a good skin prep beforehand though. None of this will look glowy and dewy if your face isn't well moisturised and prepped.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Any hydrating dewy setting sprays ye could recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Gal44 wrote: »
    Any hydrating dewy setting sprays ye could recommend?

Mac Fix+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

If you have normal/dry skin moisturise really well, use an illuminating primer, a dewy foundation and a light or non matte concealer. Powder your nose, chin, forehead or anywhere you get oily and leave the rest of your face, you can use a highlighter on your face but personally ive started using a tiny bit of vaseline instead of a highlighter as I think it gives a natural shine and glow to my cheekbones. I have mac fix plus setting spray and tbh I find it useless, I use Avene thermal water spray to set my makeup and its amazing, it leaves a really healthy hydrated look to my skin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement