Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sickness after whooping cough vaccine

Options
  • 15-05-2017 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Don't mean to put anyone off by this because obviously the vaccine is so important and worth any side effect.

Just wondering if anyone else was sick and how long it lasted?

I got the vaccine on Thursday. By Friday I had an ache in my arm but mainly had a sore throat and ears. Yesterday I started sniffing and sneezing and now I'm lying awake with an awful cough. Not sure if it's all a co-incidence but I was feeling fine before.

Mostly just want to know how long it's likely to last. Feeling so wiped out already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had an illness very similar to that last week. It's most likely a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Read the leaflet you received (hopefully you received one) with the vaccine and check the side effects.

Some vaccine, e.g. flu gives flu-like symptoms, but not the flu.

If you are concerned, contact doctor. As you posted here, I assume you are pregnant - something you should mention upfront.

Advertisement