Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What charges over and above rent can a landlord pass on to the tenant?

Options
  • 15-05-2017 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

This came up in another thread but I'm curious enough to ask it as a separate queation in its own thread.

This is for new lets only that I'm describing here.

I know of a fair few landlords who are passing on the property block management fees to new tenants.

I know of two people so far who are charging seperatley over and above rent for parking disks.

And I know of one who is passing on letting agent management and finding fees. Or the tenant engages the agent, the agent approaches landlords and accepts a deal and the tenants pay their agent both on moving in. I think but not sure that there is also a separate company who manages the property on behalf of the tenant but with the agreement and veto of the landlord. Tenant pays for this.

I remember threats of this sort of thing and other charges before Christmas but haven't seen any until the last few weeks.

If I don't sell now I'm doing airbnb so none of this will effect me but I'm curious all the same as to what works and what doesn't.

Advertisement