Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning faulty shoes to Penneys but no receipt

• 15-05-2017 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought back wedge sandals in Penneys last Monday for a wedding I had on Friday. Wore them for the whole day on Friday and on Saturday night we we were going out again so I just wore them my jeans. But on the way to the local one of the straps completely broke off.
    I didn't keep the receipt as I thought, 'well, they're lovely- there's no way I'll be bringing them back'
    Do you think they'll let me return them? It's just a week since I got them and I only got to wear them twice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭murria

From recent experience, if you return something to Penneys with no receipt they will replace with exactly the same item in exactly the same size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you paid by card they will take a bank statement etc as proof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think they will exchange them without a receipt but if you paid by card that is also considered proof of purchase under the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

murria wrote: »
    From recent experience, if you return something to Penneys with no receipt they will replace with exactly the same item in exactly the same size.

Thanks, I'm heading in there shortly so I'll see how I get on :)

Advertisement