Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house (Within contract)

Options
  • 15-05-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

I currently pay €130 per month for 2 x Eir mobile and 1 x Broadband. I have 10 months left on my 18 month deal. Ive called Sky, Electric Ireland etc and no issues moving house all very courteous.

I can Eir asking to switch my account to the new premises and Ive been told I need a new contract, (18 months) new sim cards and start as a new custumer. Surely this isnt a fair deal here. Im keeping everything the same and Im paying the penalty of having to extended my contract by 8 months. Is this right? Why cant I move and keep my 10 month contract, no other providor are making me sign a new 18 month deal or calncel with penalty and of course with 10 months left I cant walk away.
    It may be a case of tough **** but any input of any help is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi forzacalcio,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

When you are moving house you would need to enter a new contract as the contract you are currently in, is for the service you are receiving at your current premises. As you are moving to new premises, this would require a new service and also a new contract. I am very sorry I could not offer you any better news, however, this is standard procedure.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Hi forzacalcio,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

When you are moving house you would need to enter a new contract as the contract you are currently in, is for the service you are receiving at your current premises. As you are moving to new premises, this would require a new service and also a new contract. I am very sorry I could not offer you any better news, however, this is standard procedure.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 
    Why should I need to sign up for 18 months? I paid the higher phone bill on my mobile to ensure I have a shorter term on my phone (18 months instead of 24 months).

Now I must pay the penalty of having 26 months at the rate of an 18 month deal. How is this fair?

I understand your frustration and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, this is standard procedure and unfortunately, if you are moving into new premises this would also require a new contract. 

I am very sorry I could not offer you any better news here.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

I understand your frustration and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, this is standard procedure and unfortunately, if you are moving into new premises this would also require a new contract. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    Thanks for your help Leanne but can you point out where in Eir T&C this is stated for a user with 2 x mobile and 1 x bb contract must re sign up to a new contract if moving home. I cant seem to find it
    Thanks for your help on this btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I moved house before Christmas, was an eir customer already and transferred to the new address, no new contract but got the new customer discount for the first 6 months

• Advertisement

Owryan wrote: »
    I moved house before Christmas, was an eir customer already and  transferred to the new address, no new contract but got the new customer discount for the first 6 months
    I know of several others too this is why Im annoyed, why am I getting stung when others arnt. They hold all the cards here but Im going to at least fight it

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    Thanks for your help Leanne but can you point out where in Eir T&C this is stated for a user with 2 x mobile and 1 x bb contract must re sign up to a new contract if moving home. I cant seem to find it
    Thanks for your help on this btw
    No problem. I would recommend clicking on the following link here https://www.eir.ie/movingHome.jsp and if you scroll down to the FAQ's, you should be able to see the relevant T&Cs that would be related to this. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 

Leanne

Advertisement