Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often is the "overlimit fee" charged?

Options
  • 15-05-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

Received my latest Credit Card Statement. I fell in to overlimit status for a few weeks during end of March start of April, as an oversight on my behalf.

I have since cleared the balance. I was charged twice for "Overlimit Fee" @ 7.50 - once on 13/04 and again on 12/05 the balance was cleared 27/04, why was i charged an overlimit fee on 12/05 when i was not over limit at that stage?

I have already checked the website but could not find an explanation to the fee's only that a "Overlimit Fee" applies to my card: https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/credit-cards/classic-credit-card/fees/

thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi

Received my latest Credit Card Statement. I fell in to overlimit status for a few weeks during end of March start of April, as an oversight on my behalf.

I have since cleared the balance. I was charged twice for "Overlimit Fee" @ 7.50 - once on 13/04 and again on 12/05 the balance was cleared 27/04, why was i charged an overlimit fee on 12/05 when i was not over limit at that stage?

I have already checked the website but could not find an explanation to the fee's only that a "Overlimit Fee" applies to my card: https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/credit-cards/classic-credit-card/fees/

thank you in advance
    Hi oB1,

Thanks for your post.

If your account is over your limit within a billing period you are charged the €7.50. The charge applied on 12/05 would be for the period between 13/04 and 27/04. If you do need further clarification on this, please send an Ask a Question from Service Desk on 365 Online and an adviser can provide you with a breakdown of this. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi

thank you in advance
    Hi oB1,

Thanks for your post.

If your account is over your limit within a billing period you are charged the €7.50. The charge applied on 12/05 would be for the period between 13/04 and 27/04. If you do need further clarification on this, please send an Ask a Question from Service Desk on 365 Online and an adviser can provide you with a breakdown of this. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you Tara, i have done same.

Rob

Advertisement