Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recirulating extractor fan

• 15-05-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi All, can anyone tell me if I need to allow a recirculating extractor fan vent back into the room. Im about to install my kitchen and I have an island with a hob. Over the island, is a dropped canopy with I will integrated my extractor fan. This canopy is below the airtight membrane, so in effect the recirculated air will be in the void between the ceiling and the airtight membrane. Is this bad? Should I just vent the extractor and put some kind of non return valve on the exhaust pipe to stop a draft?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi All, can anyone tell me if I need to allow a recirculating extractor fan vent back into the room. Im about to install my kitchen and I have an island with a hob. Over the island, is a dropped canopy with I will integrated my extractor fan. This canopy is below the airtight membrane, so in effect the recirculated air will be in the void between the ceiling and the airtight membrane. Is this bad? Should I just vent the extractor and put some kind of non return valve on the exhaust pipe to stop a draft?
    read the recirculation data sheet
    Do you understand the principle of a recirculation hood?

Air should be recirculating within the unit 'in the room' not in the service cavity.

There should be vents open to the room

Advertisement