Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fairly priced is this bike?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I paid 5k for a mint 2008 one about 3 years ago so take from that what you will.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

All the prices on donedeal seem to be inflated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I hate when people moan about the prices on DD or adverts.....guys always throw on a few Bob for haggling.....if it's too dear for you , move on...nobody likes tyrekickers..remember its someone's pride and joy.

I hate when people moan about the prices on DD or adverts.....guys always throw on a few Bob for haggling.....if it's too dear for you , move on...nobody likes tyrekickers..remember its someone's pride and joy.

I'm not going to get ripped off to spare somone hurt feelings, couldn't give a ***** if it was their children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bike looks like it was well maintained so its a looked after machine, does that fetch an extra premium??? Not in my eyes..... should just make the bike sell quicker. I would be looking for a service history (should be no probs for a bike self serviced) but its pricey for sure.

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »

I'm not going to get ripped off to spare somone hurt feelings, couldn't give a ***** if it was their children.

If you feel you're being ripped off , as I said move on....I,m sure the seller doesn't want some wanksock arriving with his mates and wasting his time...nothing worse I tell ya....

If you feel you're being ripped off , as I said move on....I,m sure the seller doesn't want some wanksock arriving with his mates and wasting his time...nothing worse I tell ya....

Are you the seller? :P

Anyways, whoever the seller is turned tail when I questioned the price.

Just looked on biker.ie....bike is mint with original pass pegs......

It's not for you then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

I love these type of threads,put the bike up here for the whole world to see,and let others jump in ahead of you there while you are asking about the price here on boards.

Just go look at the bike,test ride it and haggle on the price.

Thats how a cash sale works.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hodge32

Hi. Expensive....
    A 2014 gixer 600, went up yesterday for the same money with only 4kms....
    5k depreciation for an 8 year old bike is madness IMO....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I would have said it's too expensive tbh. Go haggle.

Bikes tend to have owners with their heads in the clouds more so that a similar to car sale.

Words like babies and kids etc.

It's still a bloody mechanical machine no different than the car on your driveway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Way too expensive.

When it comes to bikes I'm not afraid to be insulting on what I think is a realistic price for someone's over priced toy they're no longer in love with.

Most bikers are way too precious on valuing their bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Looks like a really nice bike with a service record and low miles I think its worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A little wiggle room is one thing but IMO unless his wiggle room is four figures then the seller's expectation is higher than someone would have to spend at a shop. The bike market has always been weird here - a bad example is always 90 - 95% of the price of a good one which doesn't make any sense. The only thing I'd be willing to overspend on is additional kit.

I paid 1200 less for my 4 year old bike than a new one....it was mint 11000km, service history,etc....but it had nearly 2.5k worth of extras...never been happier....

True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    I paid 5k for a mint 2008 one about 3 years ago so take from that what you will.

He can't take much from that unfortunately.
    You just got your one before prices went up.
    Around €5800 I'd say would be a fair price.

Advertisement