If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 15-05-2017 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Folks,

Had asked recently but things changed slightly for the better since last seeked your help! As it sat ads now I have roughly £2k to spend on a new TV, what I'm wondering is what way to spend it really for best bang for buck. Had kind of looked at the LG OLED55E6V but how is the sound quality on that...am I better off just going 4K and not OLED and adding a decent soundbar to the equation?! Or might you know if anything coming up on the nearish future that I should bide my time for?! Cheers for any help in advance.

Jimmy

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Folks,

Had asked recently but things changed slightly for the better since last seeked your help! As it sat ads now I have roughly £2k to spend on a new TV, what I'm wondering is what way to spend it really for best bang for buck. Had kind of looked at the LG OLED55E6V but how is the sound quality on that...am I better off just going 4K and not OLED and adding a decent soundbar to the equation?! Or might you know if anything coming up on the nearish future that I should bide my time for?! Cheers for any help in advance.

Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy,

For bang for your buck you really can't get much better than the OLED55E6. I would recommend OLED over 4K LED because the design of the panel really does give unparalleled black levels and contrast ratios as well as colour and depth. The sound on the E6 is also better than most TVs thanks to the built in sub and 40W in built amp. It will not give you as good a sound as a dedicated £300 soundbar but without sacrificing picture quality there really aren't many TVs at the same price that I would recommend.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Cheers for that David have couple things coming up so will prob be start of June before I'm up to you but reckon all going well will prob go for that! Will be in touch closer to the time to see about availability anyway and thanks for the help so far.

James

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers for that David have couple things coming up so will prob be start of June before I'm up to you but reckon all going well will prob go for that! Will be in touch closer to the time to see about availability anyway and thanks for the help so far.

James
    Hi James,

No problem, let me know when you're ready to go ahead with that.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.