Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

• 15-05-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The time is upon us nearly,arsenal have confirmed left back sead kolasinac will sign from shalke for free,

Lots of talk Liverpool will announce Andrew Robertson from hull as soon as seasons over too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The time is upon us nearly,arsenal have confirmed left back sead kolasinac will sign from shalke for free,

Lots of talk Liverpool will announce Andrew Robertson from hull as soon as seasons over too.

Nothing confirmed on Arsenal media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

YAY!

Kolasinac is certainly being widely reported

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I won't acknowledge the transfer season has begun till I get a Garay, Snedijer or Ronaldo to United story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lots of overpriced players to move this summer and not one of the will have the actually skill value to the transfer value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed on Arsenal media.

That's what she Sead ;)

Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg & Kessie meant to be joining Milan. Might make up for Donnarumma being sold. If rather sell him than have him sign a new deal & give Raiola any of his rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lots of overpriced players to move this summer and not one of the will have the actually skill value to the transfer value.

Thats the norm for the PL TBF.

Very few players moving are actually worth whats paid for them.

At least theres no WC or Euros, usually thats prine time to play 4 or 5 good games and bump up a transfer of a few players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I won't acknowledge the transfer season has begun till I get a Garay, Snedijer or Ronaldo to United story.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/863844868107288576

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ERG89 wrote: »
    That's what she Sead ;)

Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg & Kessie meant to be joining Milan. Might make up for Donnarumma being sold. If rather sell him than have him sign a new deal & give Raiola any of his rights.

Is he going for sure? Donnarumma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Nicolas Gaitan rumoured to be unhappy at Atletico after failing to make an impact. United favourite to sign the ex Benfica ace in a €20m deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think the £100 million mark for a single player to be broken this summer by City.

Its a massive embarrassment for Pep to inherit the squad he did and to spend that kind of money he spent and to achieve nothing other than a top 4 so I expect them to go full tilt for players in the summer.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them go for someone like Neymar or similar high profile superstars.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd more likely to spend that on a player than City I reckon. If Neymar does move (which I don't think he will) it will be for that or more, I don't know if Griezeman will quite go for that although it'll be close.

Is he going for sure? Donnarumma

I'd be surprised if he stays. I'd like him to but not if we give in to the current demands. His agent wants him earning top money & wants a cut of any future sale. If he signs it'll only be the same situation in 2 years time so I'd not be shocked if they sell now.
    The problem for the player is he's not the finished product yet & it'd probably benefit him more to make the odd error at Milan when most of the team flat out sucks. If he goes somewhere for big money any mistakes like the one against Pescara will be jumped on in Madrid or England.
    Rod Munch wrote:
    Its a massive embarrassment for Pep to inherit the squad he did and to spend that kind of money he spent and to achieve nothing other than a top 4 so I expect them to go full tilt for players in the summer.

More of an embarrassment that his way of getting out of a sticky spot is to splurge a few hundred million on more players. Granted they need wing backs but I think a lot of managers could benefit from working at the training ground & not go....oh I like this guy at Benfica or Monaco. Anyone with basic experience could do that & eventually it'd be successful as it takes very little skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

5starpool wrote: »
    Utd more likely to spend that on a player than City I reckon. If Neymar does move (which I don't think he will) it will be for that or more, I don't know if Griezeman will quite go for that although it'll be close.

IIRC Griezmann has an ?85m release clause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Donnaruma to City for me makes no sense, hes not a ball playing goal keeper at all. They booted Hart out for failing to play that way.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rod Munch wrote: »
    IIRC Griezmann has an ?85m release clause.

There have been various figures floating about. It'll be high anyhow, and there is a very good chance he leaves I reckon, and only a few clubs he'd go to, about 6 at a push.

De gea going the other way?

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    De gea going the other way?

Hmm, would hope not but always possible.

One of the best keepers in world football if they hammer the money at Utd it's only a matter of when really, wish him all the best if he goes of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You forgot Gaitan.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hmm, would hope not but always possible.

One of the best keepers in world football if they hammer the money at Utd it's only a matter of when really, wish him all the best if he goes of course.

I dont think Navas is much worse than De Gea to warrant them splashing out what will be a record for a GK if he does leave for Real in the summer.

Theres been a couple of games recently where Navas has kept them in it and won them points and made half a dozen very good saves, mainly because their backline is very porous.

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think Navas is much worse than De Gea to warrant them splashing out what will be a record for a GK if he does leave for Real in the summer.

Theres been a couple of games recently where Navas has kept them in it and won them points and made half a dozen very good saves, mainly because their backline is very porous.

I'd expect they would need to be willing to send Navas to Utd.
    Romero is an excellent keeper but I'd expect Jose will want two keepers of a high standard in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

irishman86 wrote: »
    Donnaruma to City for me makes no sense, hes not a ball playing goal keeper at all. They booted Hart out for failing to play that way.
    Maybe they've learned that playing ball is not enough to justify a place in goal. Need to be a keeper too!

Donnaruma is surely one of the biggest goalkeeping prospects ever. Granted Milan aren't what they once were, but nailing down your place there at 16/17 is ridiculous. Perhaps they feel he can be trained to play their way. He's only a kid after all.

JRod to United is an interesting one. He'll need established quality around him if he's to work well. No doubting his ability though. On paper throwing him into the line with the likes Martial/Mata/Mkhitaryan/Rashford looks good but not sure how it fares in reality. If they were to get Griezmann too and to have him play off Ibrahimovic with Rodriguez, Pogba, Mkhitaryan buzzing around it would be something incredible, but you're leaving a massive hole behind you then too. I think Chelsea would be a great fit for him personally and I'd expect them to at least be fighting for him behind the media screen.

GavRedKing wrote: »

There is other reasons outside of talent (For me De Gea is a good bit more talented)
    De Gea fits the look of Madrid, Spanish number one
    A more recognizable face in the media
    Would be reason enough to sign him from Reals pov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Burial. wrote: »
    JRod

d4d4ce7839c0fc2eb8b3ebe3086a60c4_preparing-for-finals-as-told-by-michael-scott-nooo-meme-the-office_245-245.gif

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd expect they would need to be willing to send Navas to Utd.
    Romero is an excellent keeper but I'd expect Jose will want two keepers of a high standard in the first team.
    I agree Navas wont want to sit on the bench and moving to United isnt exactly a massive drop in standard
    Maybe they've learned that playing ball is not enough to justify a place in goal. Need to be a keeper too!

Donnaruma is surely one of the biggest goalkeeping prospects ever. Granted Milan aren't what they once were, but nailing down your place there at 16/17 is ridiculous. Perhaps they feel he can be trained to play their way. He's only a kid after all.
    Im not questioning Donnaruma, for me hes the number one talent in the world not just in goal keepers.
    Off course he could be trained but for me he hasnt shown a massive amount of ability with the ball at his feet
    It could maybe be his physique
    Plus as a Milan fan, I would hate to see him at city, I saw him as the future captain

d4d4ce7839c0fc2eb8b3ebe3086a60c4_preparing-for-finals-as-told-by-michael-scott-nooo-meme-the-office_245-245.gif

Apologies, force of habit from the Cycling JRod :o

Bournemouth want Chelsea squad players Ake and Begovic

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/17/bournemouth-nathan-ake-asmir-begovic-bids
    Bournemouth aim to build on their highest league finish by making bids worth more than ?30m combined for two of Chelsea’s title-winning players, Nathan Ak? and Asmir Begovic, once the season has finished.

Both have been on the fringes at Chelsea, with Begovic, 29, acting as Thibaut Courtois’s understudy for two seasons since arriving for ?8m from Stoke City. The Bosnian goalkeeper was close to moving to Bournemouth in January, when a deal was agreed in principle, contingent on Antonio Conte’s side securing an experienced replacement. The inability to do so meant the move was shelved.

be good signings for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

30 million for 2 reserve players seems a hell of a lot , Then again last year there was talks of Troy Deeney being worth 30 million lol

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

inforfun

What are your thoughts about below Ajax players? Can they make it at Spurs like Jan, Toby and Eriksen or they will take time like Janssen?

Tottenham are taking a keen interest in Ajax duo Davy Klaassen, who plays as an attacking midfielder, and versatile defender Joel Veltman, whose contract expires in 12 months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ansfer-market/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

GavRedKing wrote: »

Navas has had an excellent season for Madrid, but thats the nature of the club, they need 'the best' and De Gea is seen by many as the best out there.

Plus, he is more marketable, Spanish, etc.
    Straight swap for James would be a deal for Madrid, he's not lived up to the hype.

Although they are also linked with Courtois as well. Maybe if Utd try to bog their arms in, he will be the backup option?

Rumours of Lacazette to Atletico floating around, with the latter waiting on the transfer ban to be overturned. Apparently he's been quoted in saying Griezmann has been plaguing him to join. Simeone confirming he's staying. If true it could be farewell again for Torres.

I think we can be sure Lacazette to Atletico is 99% certain at this stage.

Current Liverpool linked (with varying degrees of likelihood/plausible sources)

Sessegnon, Mendy, Kieta, Salah, Gray, Bakayoko.

3 out the first 4 would be fantastic harry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

09_09_09 wrote: »
    inforfun

What are your thoughts about below Ajax players? Can they make it at Spurs like Jan, Toby and Eriksen or they will take time like Janssen?

Tottenham are taking a keen interest in Ajax duo Davy Klaassen, who plays as an attacking midfielder, and versatile defender Joel Veltman, whose contract expires in 12 months.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ansfer-market/

Dutch football fan here so can chip in

Klaassen is excellent, great nose for a goal, especially in big games too. He'd make the transition as well and he's captain at Ajax. He's a 24 year old that has a 29 year old veteran's head on his shoulders, a proper leader.

Veltman on the other hand, is hotheaded and a bit of a liability. He's not good enough for the premier league and i wouldn't be surprised if Ajax cut him loose. Likes to talk **** and make an arse of himself, such as when he mouthed off about Feyenoord for an entire week prior to a cup game, only to score an OG in the 94th minute to win them the tie :D. Got sent off against Schalke in the Europa quarters for a second yellow, was seriously lucky not to get sent off in the semi final second leg against Lyon for the same thing too. In short, he's a right little knob whose attitude far outweighs his talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea look set to bid on Bakayoko from Monaco.

Not really sure what to make of him, I've only really watched him in the knockout stages of the CL and he wasn't the most memorable player, but Conte seems keen.

Bournemouth to land Defoe again, Josh King to Liverpool/Arsenal? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Defoe's off to Bournemouth. £130,000 a week.

gilfy to the toffees it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Better player than Barkley, good signing.

Swansea will have a lot of work to do replacing him and Llorente if they leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

According to Sky Sports Real Madrid have signed Vinicius Junior from Flamengo. The fee is a reported £38m. The guy is only 16 years old. Crazy

If Bournemouth sign Defoe and pay him £130k a week at the age of 34 this transfer window is going to be totally bonkers when it comes to transfers and wages.

I know a lot of that is down to no transfer fee and is probably breaking his signing on bonus over the course of the contract but WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only 27. Had it in my head he was around 30 ish. Seems like he's been around forever.

According to Sky Sports Real Madrid have signed Vinicius Junior from Flamengo. The fee is a reported ?38m. The guy is only 16 years old. Crazy

Wasn't part of this deal that he say with Flamengo until he is 18 or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's what I read. 2/3 of payment now and the rest when it completes when he turns 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    That's what I read. 2/3 of payment now and the rest when it completes when he turns 18

Ah right, didn't know this. Only read the tweet from Skysports so didn't get the full details.

So £25m up front for a 16 year they won't get for till he is 18 and then they pay the other £13m.

That's still crazy stupid money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Dont think youngsters under the age of 18 are allowed leave Brazil to sign abroad unless he can get a Portuguese passport. Think he can sign for Madrid but can't play for them until he turns 18.

• Advertisement
Advertisement