Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

astradave wrote: »

Tweet is gone.. what was it about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Tweet said Sanchez has handed in a transfer request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where's the tweet?

It had that Sanchez had put in a transfer request.. the fella is a reporter for the independent but he's also an Arsenal fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Amusing to see you trying to talk down this deal. Hell, depending on Leipzig's fortunes Liverpool could have the option to trigger some clause we don't know about to bring him across in January. Okay he'd be Cup tied but he'd be a great rotation option!

Why is it amusing?

It's realistic. It's not a sleight at Liverpool when someone other than a Pool fan points out that it is disappointing for the club that they didn’t secure him this season.
    It's not tribal warfare for others not to think it isn't quite as exciting right now as you are suggesting.

Even the fact you, yourself are proposing Jan trigger clauses would suggest you would be eager to have him ASAP to aid with squad rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

eagle eye wrote: »
    Drinkwater looked pretty awesome playing beside a certain little genius the season before last. Do you remember who that other player was?

I think it's a smart move by Chelsea.

Drinkwater was decent alongside Kante in a very defensive, counter-attacking side. Chelsea will not play the same regardless of their central midfield pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

He's not even a sports journalist with the paper he writes for. Just stirring ****, to get retweets. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Another fringe benefit for Liverpool with the Keita deal is that by forking money over now, we also won't be paying it next year after the pound has dropped another 10% against the Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Gbear wrote: »
    Another fringe benefit for Liverpool with the Keita deal is that by forking money over now, we also won't be paying it next year after the pound has dropped another 10% against the Euro.

I doubt if there is much being paid this year. If there is I could not see another big signing with Ffp /budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

sword1 wrote: »
    I doubt if there is much being paid this year. If there is I could not see another big signing with Ffp /budget

We're under absolutely no threat from FFP because it's based on your spending over 3 years and we haven't spent anything for 2 years.

You'd have to go utterly ape**** in one window to fall afoul of it.

Even if we do £200m net (so we don't sell anyone), between the 0 spend last year and potentially taking it handy next summer (where we'd be selling Coutinho almost certainly as well) we'd probably be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Gbear wrote: »
    We're under absolutely no threat from FFP because it's based on your spending over 3 years and we haven't spent anything for 2 years.

You'd have to go utterly ape**** in one window to fall afoul of it.

Even if we do £200m net (so we don't sell anyone), between the 0 spend last year and potentially taking it handy next summer (where we'd be selling Coutinho almost certainly as well) we'd probably be grand.

Liverpool were the subject of a Ffp investigation in 2015 and met the break even condition. Books for the year to may 2016 have a twenty million loss. Revenues have increased but the club income /profits are nowhere near what some people think. Salah at 40million and keita 70million and robertson etc with no big sale would mean that the club were unlikely to be trying to sign lemar /vvd. If the majority of the 70million is cod then there could be another big budget signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

sword1 wrote: »
    Liverpool were the subject of a Ffp investigation in 2015 and met the break even condition. Books for the year to may 2016 have a twenty million loss. Revenues have increased but the club income /profits are nowhere near what some people think. Salah at 40million and keita 70million and robertson etc with no big sale would mean that the club were unlikely to be trying to sign lemar /vvd. If the majority of the 70million is cod then there could be another big budget signing

Amortization says your figures mean nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/902219368100241409

@patrick7roberts rejoins #CelticFC on a season-long loan. Welcome back, Paddy! #PR7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

You mean have?

No i mean havent
    They got a brilliant replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Good deal for Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jim White tweets Everton still looking for two more players and Barkley still not sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Howedes to Juve on 3.5m loan. I think that's up from 2m.

• https://twitter.com/Football_TaIk/status/902427693211303937

Nice scoop by Everton if he stays somewhat disciplined for the few months he's available.

Rooney in behind him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Football_TaIk/status/902427693211303937

Nice scoop by Everton if he stays somewhat disciplined for the few months he's available.

Rooney in behind him?

How does that work with the 3 clubs in a year/season rule? I assume it's ok as it's a loan, is that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really good signing for Everton if he's focused

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    How does that work with the 3 clubs in a year/season rule? I assume it's ok as it's a loan, is that it?

He hasnt played for Chelsea. He'll only play for Everton & Atletico

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote:
    Really good signing for Everton if he's focused

Good news for Atletico & at the end of the day Chelseas as he's worth nothing on strike. I can't imagine he'll be fit for a few weeks after skipping pre season & looking a bit heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BREAKING: Man City have made a player-plus-cash offer for Alexis Sanchez involving Raheem Sterling. More on @MirrorFootball

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/902439051344707585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sterling been punished for been sent off last weekend. Off to the Arse you go.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sterling been punished for been sent off last weekend. Off to the Arse you go.

He won them the game tbf

• Advertisement

Marseille have made an offer for Liverpool attacker Divock Origi, according to L'Équipe

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/902440009478877184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

He won them the game tbf

And got the draw against Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

No chance that will happen, none whatsoever.

He won them the game tbf

And then got himself sent off... (Obviously I'm joking by the way)

Think its gunna be a very busy last few days tbh for plenty of clubs. Maybe "Deadline Day" will live up to skys hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Inb4 John Cross says that City are offering John Stones plus cash for Jonny Evans. Absolute spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What big player-plus-cash transfers have there been in the past 10 years?

For something the media is always suggesting, they rarely, rarely happen. I can't think of any off the top of my head apart from Navas + Cash for De Gea which obviously fell through.

What big player-plus-cash transfers have there been in the past 10 years?

For something the media is always suggesting, they rarely, rarely happen. I can't think of any off the top of my head apart from Navas + Cash for De Gea which obviously fell through.

Zlatan and Eto'o (please god dont say thats over 10 years ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

pjohnson wrote: »
    Zlatan and Eto'o (please god dont say thats over 10 years ago)

Forgot about that one!

2009. Not far from 10 years :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is anyone else just thinking of telling their teacher to p1ss off screw the homework skipping school and staying up late to watch transfer deadline day? Or just me?

• Advertisement

Is anyone else just thinking of telling their teacher to p1ss off screw the homework skipping school and staying up late to watch transfer deadline day? Or just me?
    (please god dont say thats over 10 years ago)

:(

Joined Boards in 2007 and still in school were you 7 when you joined boards ;)

Renato Sanches now being linked with Swansea??

They inquired a while back,deal looks unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Makes sense on loan

Clement would have connections

Regarding the Sanchez stuff,it's being reported now that Arsenal want Aguero as part of any deal with City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Keita to Monaco done deal I think

Keita to Monaco done deal I think

Lemar to Liverpool now?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lemar to Liverpool now?

Possibly just a replacement for Mbappe, Keita played up front towards the end of last season and did really well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Siem de Jong has left Newcastle for Ajax. Good player. Dunno why Newcastle thought him inferior to Shelvey.

When even Ajax fans make jokes about him always being injured on a Dutch forum, you have your answer i think.
    Ajax fans clearly think the wrong De Jong was signed, they wanted Nigel, who is free to leave Galatasaray.

Advertisement