Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I know I'm only taking the piss out of Ballague and that the opposite of what he says usually happens.

A particularly embarrassing moment for him, that was. The guy thinks he is the official press officer for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A particularly embarrassing moment for him, that was. The guy thinks he is the official press officer for the club

He does it the whole time. I'm surprised he's ever used as a "source"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

What you spend has nothing to do with what you've sold. United finance transfers through advertising yet we don't say we've a net profit after signing Pogba and Lukaku.

If those two signings go through Klopp will have spent more than Mourinho, they are the facts.

Mourinho has spent £295m in the time since arriving, while Klopp has spent £113m. So as above, unless VVD and Lemar cost £182m, you're facts are bull****.

I do agree with you that United are far better placed to afford such fees, but that's irrelevant to either Klopp or Mourinho's abilities as managers.

By way of example, would it be fair to criticise Ferguson for spending big money in 2009 and yet producing a side worse than the previous season, or should the fact Ronaldo was sold which more than covered any outlay be considered? Of course it should.

If your initial point had been regarding the financial performance of clubs relative to what they spend, you'd probably have a point. Your point however was about the managers. Given Klopp has sold to buy in his time at Liverpool, and given he probably has one of the lowest net spends of top half managers, having started off with a squad worse than any of the top 6, it's a bit of a stretch to label him a cheque book manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

why do ye bother lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rumours that colmtowey is linked with a 5side soccer team on boards.ie

Sources:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057781662
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057781665

Fee unknown at this moment in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Rumours that colmtowey is linked with a 5side soccer team on boards.ie

Sources:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057781662
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057781665

Fee unknown at this moment in time.

Refreshing to see big name players go without agents in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rene and Renato Sanches to Swansea on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wow coup of the summer for Swansea even if it's just a loan. That's barely believable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Mr.H wrote: »
    15 games as a starter in his first premier league winning season!

Why only count the title winning years :confused:
    I used Gerrard already has a example using title winning teams is no way to judge players

Mr.H wrote: »
    The point is he wasn't a reason for united winning the league. Merely a passenger.

Thats just not true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

zerks wrote: »
    Barca want Lemar now,they are like that spoiled kid at a party who thinks the other kids are getting more treats than them so demand that they get some.
    More like the spoilt kid who wants the sweets another kid has and because that other kid won't give them to him he just runs around trying to grab all the other sweets the other kid wants.
    Seriously like wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Wow coup of the summer for Swansea even if it's just a loan. That's barely believable.

Doesn't say much for his career, does it?

Wasn't he meant to be the next big thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

NIMAN wrote: »
    Doesn't say much for his career, does it?

Wasn't he meant to be the next big thing?

Still a kid, Bayern would have sold him if they didn't rate him, I know Milan were sniffing around him all summer for a big fee.

A lowly club in a tough league is the perfect move for him from Bayern's perspective. Plenty of game time and get him battle hardened.

So Ox to Pool, it is.

Didn't see that coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Rekop dog wrote:
    Still a kid, Bayern would have sold him if they didn't rate him, I know Milan were sniffing around him all summer for a big fee.

A lowly club in a tough league is the perfect move for him from Bayern's perspective. Plenty of game time and get him battle hardened.

Odd then that they'd include a purchase option of 30m, per Di Marzio.

So Ox to Pool, it is.

Didn't see that coming

He's been linked since April or March. I don't see him starting but he gives us good cover and can play a few positions.

He's also the kind of hard worker that Klopp loves. It'll be interesting to see if he pushes on and develops now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Oxlade-Chamberlain 40 mil pound to Liverpool.

What are they smoking.

A extremely avg player !!!!!.

In this market even Jessie Lingard be worth that haha

What are they smoking.

In this market even Jessie Lingard be worth that haha

It's £35m not £40m. Could have waited 6 months and signed him for half that but obviously Klopp wanted him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sanches deal seems mad from the outset but you gotta remember Ancellotti and Clement are close friends so that no doubt made this possible otherwise Bayern wouldn't even entertain it

It's £35m not £40m. Could have waited 6 months and signed him for half that but obviously Klopp wanted him now.

Most sources are reporting 40 million to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pool had to get some business done asap.The squad is extremely weak and there is going to be a lot of pressure with CL football this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

an initial 35m with 5m addons is being reported now by most of the reliables

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

More like the spoilt kid who wants the sweets another kid has and because that other kid won't give them to him he just runs around trying to grab all the other sweets the other kid wants.

Or they could still land Coutinho after all the fuss as well as Dembele and still spoil a Lemar deal while they're at it..

May as well be the big bad wolf that everyone believes..

£35m upfront been reported by Ben Smith

https://twitter.com/BSmith/status/902936858216337409

yabadabado wrote: »
    Pool had to get some business done asap.The squad is extremely weak and there is going to be a lot of pressure with CL football this season.

Stronger than it was at this point last season and still finished fourth. Hopefully the additions will help us freshen things up around the busy Christmas schedule this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought Evans was the player gunna be the subject of an odd bidding war. Chamberlain swooped in to steal his thunder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Krychowiak to West Brom on a season-long loan. That's a cracking deal, punching well above their weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »
    Krychowiak to West Brom on a season-long loan. That's a cracking deal, punching well above their weight.

A monster at Sevilla, awful at PSG

Stronger than it was at this point last season and still finished fourth. Hopefully the additions will help us freshen things up around the busy Christmas schedule this year.

I'LL hold fire until window closes but bar Salah nothing much signed to improve the squad too much.
    European football is a lot of extra pressure compared to last season.
    IMO it's been a very poor window so far for Liverpool.That may well change over the next 24 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

The ox is a much more talented player than henderson and id expect Can to take over hendersons role in the side now with ox and wijnaldum in a 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shocked Krychowiak is only 27! I thought he was in his 30's! Seems to have been around a good while

I'LL hold fire until window closes but bar Salah nothing much signed to improve the squad too much.
    IMO it's been a very poor window so far for Liverpool.That may well change over the next 24 hrs.

Not to mention that Man Utd and City will no doubt, I think most agree, have stronger seasons this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

martyos121 wrote: »

Kieran Gibbs too for £7mn. Must be one of the most shining examples of the farcical "of course he's going to be amazing because he's young and plays for Arsenal" mindset that thankfully seems to have finally died off the last few years, but for WBA he could be a really good player.

IF he keeps fit, that is!

Far from a poor window so far Yaba.

Lucas and Stewart are the two main departures. Ox replaces Lucas, Robertson signed for left back, that frees Milner to cover CM, Salah is a second winger so big improvement there. Also tied Kieta up for next summer.

Still need a CB but no matter who we sign for their we will still ship a good few goals the way we play.

If that's not an improvement, even if it's small and steady, I don't think you'll be easily convinced!!

Rekop dog wrote: »

Plus if he does well theres a good chance one of the big English clubs come in and offer a crazy fee for him next summer
    Imagine a midfield of Can, Sanches & Keita if that isnt exciting i dont know what is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What are they smoking.

And only 1 year left on his contract .

But he is English so when thats factored in ,its great value ....

When Newcastle sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £36m,I thought Ashley had done the deal of the century but it pales in comparison with this Chamberlain deal .

When Newcastle sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £36m,I thought Ashley had done the deal of the century but it pales in comparison with this Chamberlain deal .

You might as well quote Andy Carroll's fee from a scroll of parchment for all it's relevance to August 2017.

Far from a poor window so far Yaba.

Lucas and Stewart are the two main departures. Ox replaces Lucas, Robertson signed for left back, that frees Milner to cover CM, Salah is a second winger so big improvement there. Also tied Kieta up for next summer.

Still need a CB but no matter who we sign for their we will still ship a good few goals the way we play.

If that's not an improvement, even if it's small and steady, I don't think you'll be easily convinced!!

Ok maybe a slight improvement but nothing that I have seen of those players makes me think Pool will push on and move further up the table this season.
    VVD and Keita would have been 2 very good signings and instantly improved CM and CB.I also thought a better LB would have been signed,Robertson is decent but not a major improvement.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902951267772837897

This is just mad, Arsenal are sat on about 200m of cash in the bank, okay it's the EL for at least a year but surely the club are not working on the assumption that they will be out of that competition (the CL) for more than one year.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/902956242079019009
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be paid about £125,000 a week by Liverpool.
    Turned down new Arsenal contract worth up to £180,000 a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

£40m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, wow. Wenger pulling the pants down there bigtime!

Gibbs for £7m is a snip in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902951267772837897

This is just mad, Arsenal are sat on about 200m of cash in the bank, okay it's the EL for at least a year but surely the club are not working on the assumption that they will be out of that competition for more than one year.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/902956242079019009

Our absentee landlord is using the cashpile as financial leverage to build his LA Stadium. Obviously he needs more leverage hence the firesale!

Surely Liverpool need Gibbs more than AOC?

West Brom got a bargain for Gibbs at 7m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Already have 2 left-backs and Milner who played there all last season.

Liverpool signed Robertson from Hull for 8 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Klopp doesn't have much interest in defenders, seems it's Van Dijk or nothing. Liverpool leave their defenders exposed so there's certain requirements he needs in his defenders, being good at one on ones is likely top of the list as you'll be in that situation a lot. Surprisingly this is also what Van Dijk is very good at.

Already have 2 left-backs and Milner who played there all last season.

I was disregarding Moreno because he's so bad
    Liverpool signed Robertson from Hull for 8 million.

Forgot about this actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes but do you think Liverpool would have got him for that money. I would say 20 million if Liverpool were involved. It's impossible for the big clubs to get cheap players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes but do you think Liverpool would have got him for that money. I would say 20 million if Liverpool were involved. It's impossible for the big clubs to get cheap players.

Juve and Bayern manage it regularly, God knows how. Other relatively big clubs like Spurs, BVB, Monaco, Celtic, Southampton etc manage it by not buying the finished product, though obviously that's a hit and miss strategy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Renato Sanchez to Swansea is an amazing signing for them. Great replacement for Sigi.

I was disregarding Moreno because he's so bad

He's not bad he's just a bit mad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement