Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You'll be waiting. It was a spoof post.

Not really, i know when a conversation is worth continuing
    Have a google at Evertons spending this summer compared to CL force PSG this summer its quiet a read
    Why are Everton not being accused of ruining the game
    I suppose Gilfi and Di Maria are a similar standard of player since they cost around the same :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

irishman86 wrote: »
    And there is the defensive attitude i was just mentioned. If you wish to continue to think the EPL is somehow better than PSG thats not my problem

Back it up or stop talking shyte. You cant name 10 teams breaking FFP in the PL.

"Lalalalalala, can't hear you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

From Torino website. http://torinofc.it/news/31/08/2017/zappacosta-al-chelsea_15334

The Torino Football Club announces that it has definitively surrendered to the Chelsea Football Club the right to the sporting performance of football player Davide Zappacosta

Great translation :D

The Mahrez mystery continues....

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Back it up or stop talking shyte. You cant name 10 teams breaking FFP in the PL.

"Lalalalalala, can't hear you"

Its funny with the lalalala thing because you are acting like a child whos just been told about Santa :rolleyes:
    I'm sorry if the truth hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Its funny with the lalalala thing because you are acting like a child whos just been told about Santa :rolleyes:
    I'm sorry if the truth hurts

Tell me the truth. Name the 10 teams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have a google at Evertons spending this summer compared to CL force PSG this summer its quiet a read
    I suppose Gilfi and Di Maria are a similar standard of player since they cost around the same :pac:

Everton have spent about 30m nett. That's nothing these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You'll be waiting. It was a spoof post.

Everton have only spent about 45 million then they've brought in through selling players. That's unlikely to destroy them for FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A pretty boring day all and all. Bring back the dildos in the ear and shifty looking lads rolling fags, if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Marc Wilson signs for Sunderland on a free. Forgot about him hopefully gets his career back on track there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

irishman86 wrote:
    Not really, i know when a conversation is worth continuing Have a google at Evertons spending this summer compared to CL force PSG this summer its quiet a read Why are Everton not being accused of ruining the game I suppose Gilfi and Di Maria are a similar standard of player since they cost around the same

In their defence Everton sold Lukaku for 75 million (Maybe 90 with add ons) & have the TV money all PL clubs earn.
    They may have spent that on Sigurdsson but I imagine he barely earns half what Di Maria does in France either. Looking at the Neymar & Mbappe deals they'll earn nearly 40 million in wages alone a year combined. It's no wonder they wanted to clear out a few even on loan. It's not killing the sport but they wanted to do more than loaning players to the likes of West Brom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arghus wrote: »
    A pretty boring day all and all. Bring back the dildos in the ear and shifty looking lads rolling fags, if you ask me.

There was an issue outside the Bridge and theyve not gone back since.

CSF wrote: »
    Everton have only spent about 45 million then they've brought in through selling players. That's unlikely to destroy them for FFP.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton have spent about 30m nett. That's nothing these days

I'm aware of the net spend and like you say its nothing these days.
    Its still a massive sum of money spent
    Now look at the players signed for both PSG & Everton and tell me who is ruining the game
    I for one would rather have Mbappe and Neymar than the lot Everton signed and i dislike PSG as a club
    Regardless PSG are as likely to fail the FFP as Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Irishman is replacing AIG it seems. Oh joy. Anyone remember that this thread is transfers not FFP?

On Topic:
    Late Sheets submitted.

Leicester must be confident Drinkwater will join Chelsea they put in a notice for Adrien to be allowed join.

Palace are pending with M.Sakho and Niasse.

Janssen still leaving Spurs possibly to Brigthon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Any craic with Sakho to Palace? Can't find it anywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Llorente is done.

DIl0flLXcAAAzEI.jpg

ERG89 wrote: »
    In their defence Everton sold Lukaku for 75 million (Maybe 90 with add ons) & have the TV money all PL clubs earn.
    They may have spent that on Sigurdsson but I imagine he barely earns half what Di Maria does in France either. Looking at the Neymar & Mbappe deals they'll earn nearly 40 million in wages alone a year combined. It's no wonder they wanted to clear out a few even on loan. It's not killing the sport but they wanted to do more than loaning players to the likes of West Brom

I dont get the West Brom point :o i know they loaned out the Polish giant but that was more a squad trimming exercise. He didnt play a part last year after signing
    I'd be shocked if Sigurdsson only gets 100k but ill hold my hands up and admit i'm wrong on that
    PSG earn massive commercial amounts from sponsors which means they compete with the Premier league windfalls

pjohnson wrote: »
    Irishman is replacing AIG it seems. Oh joy. Anyone remember that this thread is transfers not FFP?

On Topic:
    Late Sheets submitted.

Leicester must be confident Drinkwater will join Chelsea they put in a notice for Adrien to be allowed join.

Palace are pending with M.Sakho and Niasse.

Janssen still leaving Spurs possibly to Brigthon.

Ouch, ill stop :(
    I'll be honest as a french man it annoys me the grief PSG get even if i dislike them so i'm probably over reacting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Now look at the players signed for both PSG & Everton and tell me who is ruining the game
    I for one would rather have Mbappe and Neymar than the lot Everton signed and i dislike PSG as a club

I highly doubt that is true. If it was applied fairly, but at this stage, the Qatari group have too much influence within UEFA and Fifa. PSG are "too big too fail".

Everton had a good summer, perhaps let down a tad bit by their failure to get a proper replacement for Lukaku.

There is something seriously wrong with an 18 year old who has less than 6 months in the top flight moving for €180m and getting €350,000/week. Things like that will eventually lead to the bubble bursting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Everton got a pile of TV money don't forget. The last article I read about it said they got more that Real and Barca in Spain.

Everton also sold Lukaku for up to £90m after add-ons.

I dont get the West Brom point :o i know they loaned out the Polish giant but that was more a squad trimming exercise. He didnt play a part last year after signing
    I'd be shocked if Sigurdsson only gets 100k but ill hold my hands up and admit i'm wrong on that
    PSG earn massive commercial amounts from sponsors which means they compete with the Premier league windfalls

Oh ya? Who sponsors them? :D

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    I highly doubt that is true. If it was applied fairly, but at this stage, the Qatari group have too much influence within UEFA and Fifa. PSG are "too big too fail".

Everton had a good summer, perhaps let down a tad bit by their failure to get a proper replacement for Lukaku.

There is something seriously wrong with an 18 year old who has less than 6 months in the top flight moving for €180m and getting €350,000/week. Things like that will eventually lead to the bubble bursting.

I disagree about the first half, you can say the same for Barca and Real
    I do happen to think Everton had a real good summer, i think they may shock us this year
    While i do agree on you on Mbappe, PSG werent the only clubs offering the amounts to him/Monaco
    I personally think the sums in England are what will burst the bubble its happened in Italy already logic dictates it will happen again
    Think about it Walker 50million
    Sigurdsson 50 million
    Its slightly better than average players going for massive sums that are the problem

Lukker- wrote: »
    Oh ya? Who sponsors them? :D

Similar people to City ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PSG generated 542 million euro for season 2015-16
    Everton generated 122 million sterling for season 2015-16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ouch, ill stop :(
    I'll be honest as a french man it annoys me the grief PSG get even if i dislike them so i'm probably over reacting

As a French man with an Irishman username?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Panthro wrote: »

Just a clever use of a non full stop?
    He's got a nice lilt.

Panthro wrote: »

Well i'm guessing you arent a panthro :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

With the Spanish window still open, I reckon if Barcelona had any sense they should go back crawling to Alexis Sanchez. They only got rid of him when they signed Suarez to form the MSN. SMS????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Costa will be gone by tomorrow too I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Everton are nowhere near failing FFP. P
    Pipe down. When examining PSGs turnover, the source of their money has to be considered. They are clearly making a mockery of the rules. Not one penny of Everton's transfer spending has been financed by a sugar daddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jaansen staying at Spurs.

Being reported that Arsenals offer for Lemar was "a suggestion rather than a formal bid".
    Another " could have signed him" story by them.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Everton are nowhere near failing FFP. P
    Pipe down. When examining PSGs turnover, the source of their money has to be considered. They are clearly making a mockery of the rules. Not one penny of Everton's transfer spending has been financed by a sugar daddy.

No :pac:
    PSG get the market rate for sponsorship regardless of where it comes from and its miles ahead of Everton
    Trying to say Evertons money streams are close to a super team in one of the biggest cities in the world to the second club of Englands forth city i think
    Anyways this conversation is boring, ive made my point clear some dont agree is there really anymore that can be said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

PSG get the market rate for sponsorship regardless of where it comes from and its miles ahead of Everton
    Trying to say Evertons money streams are close to a super team in one of the biggest cities in the world to the second club of Englands forth city i think
    Anyways this conversation is boring, ive made my point clear some dont agree is there really anymore that can be said

Who said a single thing about Everton's income being close to PSG's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    There was an issue outside the Bridge and theyve not gone back since.

What happened?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Costa will be gone by tomorrow too I assume.

Loic Remy aswell.

Drinkwater and Sakho confirmed. Niasse fell through. No word on Adrien Silva

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Who said a single thing about Everton's income being close to PSG's?

The goalposts are shifting at a fast pace. It's the most bizarre discussion in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Where the flock is Mahrez?!?!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Italian clubs have been done the loan + obligation to buy the following year FFP trick since its inception. But because it's big, bad PSG and the British press are jealous of them outspending their clubs and buying the elite of world football they suddenly declare it a horrible way of circumventing rules which shouldn't be allowed :rolleyes:

An awful lot of envy where PSG are concerned. Arsenal, Liverpool, even Chelsea fans these days would drop their knickers in a flash to have owners like them - nothing less than the best will do for them. Paris were just the ones lucky enough to win the lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I don't think anyone said that and you have made a point but didnt/can't back it up when numerous people have asked you.
    Who are half the teams breaking FFP rules in the EPL?

I don't wanna sound like a prick but do you know how FFP works ?

Btw I have no problem with what PSG are doing and I'm sure plenty more would do the same if they were in the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Godot. wrote: »
    Italian clubs have been done the loan + obligation to buy the following year FFP trick since its inception.

Anybody got a cliff notes version of how it actually works?

I get that deferring the cost until next season could be an advantage but is that not just kicking the can down the road? Aren't they just going to be screwed next summer instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Anybody got a cliff notes version of how it actually works?

I get that deferring the cost until next season could be an advantage but is that not just kicking the can down the road? Aren't they just going to be screwed next summer instead?

One would think that they will have an extra years turnover to help cover the costs, money for CL appearances, winning the league, marketing and commercial deals etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

One would think that they will have an extra years turnover to help cover the costs

And another's years costs to be covered, not to mention whatever shiny new toy they want to buy next year?

Paying higher rates or interest now so that you don't have to pay a big lump sum until later is an economic model usually associated with buying washing machines, I'm just curious how rich clubs are using it to circumvent FFP?

Mainly because it seems most appropriate in cases where the club have made their planned signings now and don't expect any further big outlay over the next few windows, so spreading the costs makes sense. But I highly doubt that will be the case for PSG, they seem to be following the galactico blueprint so what will happen next summer when they want another top player? Another loan and defer another payment until 2020? What about the window after that? Like I say, kicking the can down the road.

I've no doubt smarter accountants than me are arranging all this, I'm just curious why this loan now/pay later model is a good way to get around FFP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Between now and next summer, PSG will go about signing lucrative deals to ensure they cover the cost of Mbappe next summer. Add in whatever extra money they make from the running of the club and the sale of players - they'll then buy other "toys" as you called them.

It's pretty straight forward, really. Think of it as stalling while reaping the reward early. It's a reverse Keita to Liverpool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Neymar is also one of the biggest marketing figures in the world. That deal wasn't just about football. Expect to see the number of Neymar PSG replica shirts soar, especially in Brazil.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Where the flock is Mahrez?!?!??!
    I'd say in Barca, they can still sign players today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What time does window close at? 23:00 our time?

What time does window close at? 23:00 our time?

Midnight.

Pantilimon, Dja DjeDje, Okaka, Coutinho, Costa could all be Espana bound.

Adrien Silva still in limbo.

Hope Silva transfer gets sorted. I'd feel bad for Leicester otherwise :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Leicester v Chelsea next weekend................ Go on Conte, throw Danny Drinkwater into the lion's pit!

Also interesting to see what happens to Barkley, Van Dijk, Niasse will they be given spots in the 25 man squads or just exiled.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I don't think anyone said that and you have made a point but didnt/can't back it up when numerous people have asked you.
    Who are half the teams breaking FFP rules in the EPL?

I don't wanna sound like a prick but do you know how FFP works ?

Btw I have no problem with what PSG are doing and I'm sure plenty more would do the same if they were in the position.

Yes i know how FFP works, it seems a lot here dont
    My point the whole time is PSG arent breaking it anymore than English teams
    A lot of giving out about PSG ruining the game when infact they spent less than City this summer
    My point about half the teams doing it is hyperbole any fool could see that hence why i dont acknowledge posts about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement