Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Sappy404 wrote: »
    There don't seem to be any work permit questions being raised regarding City signing Ederson, but he's 23 and has no senior international caps. Anyone able to shed some light on it? Seems unusual.

Maybe something related to being in Portugal for 6 years, would he qualify for dual nationality maybe? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Sappy404 wrote: »
    There don't seem to be any work permit questions being raised regarding City signing Ederson, but he's 23 and has no senior international caps. Anyone able to shed some light on it? Seems unusual.

He must have Portuguese nationality by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ederson holds a EU passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Burial. wrote: »
    96cbfd6ba6f212af544a0905fdb96a0d.png

My French isn't the greatest but something along the lines of I still maintain Mendy is going to City based on my information. He's the same lad who ran the Bernardo Silva news. International duty bound to be affecting quite a few moves atm. If City pick up Bertrand as well they'll have fine LB options with Kolarov around too.
    The words "fine", "LB" and "Kolarov", in the same sentence?

"Barman, a pint of what that fella's drinking".
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Mr.H wrote: »
    I assumed you meant when Pogba signed for United?

Did anything happen with that?

Wasnt the investigation over the amount the agent made from the deal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Apparently a Chinese Super League team have offered Madrid £176 million for Ronaldo and he will earn over £2 million per week.

I highly doubt Ronanldo would go for it. It is alot of money but he has another few Ballon D'ors in him if he stays in Europe, I also doubt he is short a bob or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Wasnt the investigation over the amount the agent made from the deal ?

I thought it was about the amount his parents were paid to move

Jayop wrote:
    Lol you can't help yourself can you.

Just wondering how these things stand from a uefa point of view.

It is relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Did a quick search and fifa seemed to be annoyed that raiola is going to make 41 million from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Did a quick search and fifa seemed to be annoyed that raiola is going to make 41 million from it

Ye are surely talking about different transfers. I dont think UEFA care how much a 24 year old Pogba's parents are paid to move to England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Gary Monk getting the Boro job today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Apparently a Chinese Super League team have offered Madrid ?176 million for Ronaldo and he will earn over ?2 million per week.

I highly doubt Ronanldo would go for it. It is alot of money but he has another few Ballon D'ors in him if he stays in Europe, I also doubt he is short a bob or two.

Can't see him going. As you said, another couple of Ballon D'Ors in him if he stays in Europe.

Plus if he wins another Champions League medal, he then has more than Messi has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Just wondering how these things stand from a uefa point of view.

It is relevant

UEFA has **** all to do with it. Since you are very curious:
    "On 7 October, Manchester United were cleared of wrongdoing by a judge appointed by FIFA, with the declaration that Pogba was not contractually linked to Le Havre.[19] Despite having the option to appeal, on 18 June 2010, Le Havre officials confirmed that the club had reached an agreement with Manchester United for the transfer of Pogba. The terms of the agreement were confidential"

So yeah, nothing came out of it because FIFA cleared the case and ruled in ManUtd's favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Morata has agreed terms with United according to the Telegraph.
    Alvaro Morata has agreed a deal to join Manchester United and is now waiting for the Old Trafford club to negotiate a fee with Real Madrid.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport in April, United have made Morata their top target to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic and are close to clinching his signature.

It is understood Morata has agreed in principle to the terms that will be offered to him at United and the transfer is now in the hands of the two clubs.

United have already seen a bid of £52.3million rejected by Real, but are hoping a new offer of £60m will be enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/09/alvaro-morata-agrees-manchester-united-transfer-now-waits-fee/?x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about it. Hopefully he'll blow the place apart from the off if it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Jayop wrote: »
    Hmm. Not sure how I feel about it. Hopefully he'll blow the place apart from the off if it does happen.

Ya, I'm really not sure he's a world class striker at all. Massive fee because he's at Real. Could be made for the PL though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ibrahimovic officially leaving United, according to SSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Huge fee for a guy not incredibly prolific but he's a fine player and will be good for the club long term. Ibrahimovic did well but I can't help but feel he stunted the growth of those around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JPA wrote: »
    Ya, I'm really not sure he's a world class striker at all. Massive fee because he's at Real. Could be made for the PL though.

Massive fee cause all fees are massive now. Look at Torino wanting 100million for Belotti. Look at the projected 60-75million for VVD. 100million being spoken of for Lukaku.

Fee's are just gone through the roof at this point. Its insane.

As for Ibrahimovic - I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for United again next season. I think he will rehab at United and a decision will be made after he regains his fitness. It could be made before then (if he decides to go to LA Galaxy) but I can certainly see him doing what ammounts to pre-season come October/November/Whenever and seeing how his body feels then - and whether United feel his wages could be justified in terms of how they are doing at the time too.

Come christmas he could be in huge demand for teams wanting a quick fix stiker solution short term. As a free agent could he be registered at any time (outside of transfer window?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Come christmas he could be in huge demand for teams wanting a quick fix stiker solution short term. As a free agent could he be registered at any time (outside of transfer window?)

Joey Barton had to wait till January to play for Burnley after being let go by Rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Joey Barton had to wait till January to play for Burnley after being let go by Rangers.

Thats different cos he was registered by rangers. Ibra technically wouldnt be registered by anyone so can be signed outside of window.

Giggsy11 wrote:
    So yeah, nothing came out of it because FIFA cleared the case and ruled in ManUtd's favor.

Wow your defensive. I assumed nothing came from it but was merely asking. I'm not trying to stick the booth in at United. If I was there are much better examples to beat united or Jose with.

Thanks for clarifying about the first pogba deal though. I was actually Curious as to what happened.

Yea that was the deal going back to united. He made an absolute mint from that and the ibra deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cervantes2

Irish interest.

Eoghan O'Connell joins Bury from Celtic.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40201553

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be chatter that Bakayoko is on his way to London now to finalise a deal with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That could throw a few spanners in the works as I doubt they would sell both Fabinho and Bakayoko in the one window, especially with Jardim staying

astradave wrote: »
    That could throw a few spanners in the works as I doubt they would sell both Fabinho and Bakayoko in the one window, especially with Jardim staying

I think they look content to just sell everyone and cash in this summer if they can...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:
    Seems to be chatter that Bakayoko is on his way to London now to finalise a deal with Chelsea.

Maybe he's gone to find Mendy who has apparently spent the last month heading to Manchester finalising his deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/calciomercatoit/status/873604542201462784

Manchester City are planning on making a 70 million bid for Juventus’ Alex Sandro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Not really buying that as they're supposed to be far down the line with Mendy who'd be cheaper than that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Burial. wrote: »
    Not really buying that as they're supposed to be far down the line with Mendy who'd be cheaper than that too.

Crazy price, doesn't seem right to me.

I'm surprised Ali and Kane havent been involved more,people talking about buying Mbappe but Kane is a Superstar.

Man United confirm deal reached with Benfica for Lindelof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

SSN: Man United agree £30.7 million fee for Victor Lindelof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lindelof to United confirmed pending a medical.

Alexis Sanchez to City is being claimed as a done deal by the S*n.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lindelof to United confirmed pending a medical.

Alexis Sanchez to City is being claimed as a done deal by the S*n.
    Ah well; it must be true then!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sanchez to City would be worth just for the boys on Arsenal fan tv.

Sanchez to City would be worth just for the boys on Arsenal fan tv.
    If it should happen (and I don't think it will), I might just have to pay this clip a return visit and thank them for Alexis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

A swap deal involving Sanchez and Sterling might be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would that be the first Sterling + sterling transfer deal in football history?

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/873688544535085058

Liverpool interested in signing Tadic from Southampton, release clause of £13 million.

You'd think after the VVD farce they'd shop elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote:
    Liverpool interested in signing Tadic from Southampton, release clause of £13 million.

A lot to spend just for spite. He's really good some weeks but most he's average to anonymous.

For Man City maybe it is. Tactical Genius Pep hasn't improved him in the year he had him maybe Wenger could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Tadic for 13 million would be a decent signing

I don't think Arsenal will sell Sanchez to us, whatever way that deal might be shaped. Plus; I'd be reluctant to part with Raheem anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/873688544535085058

Liverpool interested in signing Tadic from Southampton, release clause of ?13 million.

You'd think after the VVD farce they'd shop elsewhere.

Presumably a release clause means Soton will actually have very little to do or say about Tadic.

Presumably a release clause means Soton will actually have very little to do or say about Tadic.

Klopp wrote it into Tadic's contract. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Tadic is quality. Best Southampton player by a mile.

I'm surprised nobody else is in for him at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd like tadic but I hope that's not instead of salah.

rob316 wrote: »
    I'd like tadic but I hope that's not instead of salah.

That move went very quiet all of a sudden with rumours that Klopp is looking for alternatives.

I know it's early in the window but asking Liverpool fans if they are worried that Liverpool might do "an Arsenal" and be linked to lots of big money players and end up signing cheaper options and prospects which may not be up to the quality needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Serge Gnabry has signed for Bayern Munich from Werner Bremen. Apparently he had some kind of clause in his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Serge Gnabry has signed for Bayern Munich from Werner Bremen. Apparently he had some kind of clause in his contract.

He had a clause that he could exit his contract this summer and be took it up and bayern signed him a couple days later (I'm sure they only contacted the player after he activated his clause :rolleyes:)

I remember when he signed there was a big ordeal about him Bremen and Munich having some sort of agreement over the player when Munich wanted him or something to that degree. He's doing well for a lad pulis wouldn't give a game, horses for courses eh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement