Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Us evertonians aren't used to getting transfer business sorted early. Actually us Evertonians aren't used to transfer business full stop

https://twitter.com/ajaxdailydotcom/status/874497681808384001

https://twitter.com/Oddschecker/status/874578661831213057

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

POKERKING wrote: »
    How much does Hart go for then? and who buys him?

I have seen Pickford play at least 10 times, i never said there was no talent there my point is, in his situation where you are bombarded every week making saves but still conceding 4 goals its hard to make a decision if hes any good. How would he be with only two shots to save all game? You could put a bog standard championship or reserve PL keeper in goal for sunderland last season and he will make a tonne of saves, they will still lose though. That's my point.

As no one has ever seen him play in a competent premier league team then i stand by the point no one knows if he is any good at that level. Its all guess work. Maybe right, maybe not.

I'd assume Everton know all that and the scouts are looking at his technique and other attributes and how they would transfer over to an Everton team. They're not just looking at his shot/save ratio on opta and plunking 30m on him (hopefully, I'm sure 'Arry has done that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

With the sale of Lukaku Everton will probably have over 120m to send. They have plenty of money.

They know we'll that if they buy pickford for thirty now and he's half decent then Liverpool or city or someone else will pay 50+ for him in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

GavRedKing wrote: »
    On their other spendings, it will be nearly impossible for Everton to replace Lukakus goals, even if they wanted to spend 100% of what they got for Lukaku on a replacement, finding someone willing to go and that will get you 20-25 goals is pretty hard, every side in England is trying to do the same thing.

Well Everton won't have one individual player who'll score 25 PL goals next season, but you don't need to in order to replace Lukaku's goals. Everton scored 62 PL goals last season and if the entire team scores 62 goals again, then Lukaku has been replaced. Everyone else having 5 or less PL goals was a problem. As an Evertonian, I am hoping that Klassen, Ramirez (should they be confirmed) and other attacking purchases (Siguardsson, maybe Batshuayi in part exchange for Lukaku, maybe Iheanacho, loads of others lined) can score 30 odd goals between them over a season which isn't much of a stretch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Well Everton won't have one individual player who'll score 25 PL goals next season, but you don't need to in order to replace Lukaku's goals. Everton scored 62 PL goals last season and if the entire team scores 62 goals again, then Lukaku has been replaced. Everyone else having 5 or less PL goals was a problem. As an Evertonian, I am hoping that Klassen, Ramirez (should they be confirmed) and other attacking purchases (Siguardsson, maybe Batshuayi in part exchange for Lukaku, maybe Iheanacho, loads of others lined) can score 30 odd goals between them over a season which isn't much of a stretch!

Those swap deals never happen, its always made up by the tabloids because it suits the simple agenda of one in one out.

I'd be surprised if Batshauyi is sold/loaned this summer, Costa is as good as gone though IMO but thats another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jayop wrote: »
    With the sale of Lukaku Everton will probably have over 120m to send. They have plenty of money.

They know we'll that if they buy pickford for thirty now and he's half decent then Liverpool or city or someone else will pay 50+ for him in a few years.

Nice cheap shot!

Transfers between Liverpool and Everton happen often don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One dick leaves Chelsea so they are signing a new Willy.:P

https://twitter.com/CLMerlo/status/874416685704507392
    Wilfredo Caballero, que fue sondeado por #Boca, está muy cerca de firmar con el Chelsea.
    Caballero close to moving to Chelsea.

Nice cheap shot!

Transfers between Liverpool and Everton happen often don't they?

Or others. Not everything is a dig and that wasn't meant to be. I could have as easily said United given we've done business with Everton but we don't need a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭adaminho

Fyp. Not having a dig at Pogba or Pickford, just in general with the Premier league teams. More money for transfer fees and wages in the premier league and yet the worlds best players are playing in the Spanish league, Juventus and Bayern Munich.
    Premier league teams have fallen behind the European giants despite the influx in cash.
    Average players going for ridiculous fees and wages.

In fairness how often do you see the top team's in the same countries going head to head for players? The last I can recall was Neymar being linked with both Barca and Real. In the Uk you've 5/6 team's going for a player where as the clubs you mentioned are up against no one else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing every team is now afraid to to even hint they are in for van Dijk not one mention of him being linked to any team since Liverpool got caught with there hand in the cookie jar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jayop wrote: »
    Or others. Not everything is a dig and that wasn't meant to be. I could have as easily said United given we've done business with Everton but we don't need a keeper yet.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Bayern expected to confirm signing of Tolisso from Lyon for around 40 mil. Euro today. Know very little about him. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DubDani wrote: »
    Bayern expected to confirm signing of Tolisso from Lyon for around 40 mil. Euro today. Know very little about him. Any good?

Yes, he's a great box-to-box midfielder, really can do everything and at 22 will only get much better at everything. With the money being thrown about in the PL already, €40m is a steal for him. Bayern are always able to make a good deal it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/874881094361001984

"Madrid expecting bid from Chelsea for James. £65 million valuation, Chelsea tried for him in January."

:p

Doesn't look like he's going anywhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Douglas Costa to Juve for 40m euro is being reported.

Apparently Bayern have bid 60m euro for Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Leicester agreeing a ?17m fee for Hull's Harry Maguire says everything about where the Premier League transfer market is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Leicester agreeing a ?17m fee for Hull's Harry Maguire says everything about where the Premier League transfer market is right now.

It's just the norm, people should move on from this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not a bad price IMO. Maguire will be at a top club soon IMO

• Advertisement

• Lindelof at Carrington. Top signing if it goes through IMO. That CB pairing of him and Baily is delicious

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3143531/victor-lindelof-arrives-for-manchester-united-medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So I'm guessing every team is now afraid to to even hint they are in for van Dijk not one mention of him being linked to any team since Liverpool got caught with there hand in the cookie jar.

I imagine because Chelsea and City probably did something similar. Everyone just waiting for the fuss to die down I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lindelof at Carrington. Top signing if it goes through IMO. That CB pairing of him and Baily is delicious

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3143531/victor-lindelof-arrives-for-manchester-united-medical

Haven't watched much of him at Benfica but seen him play for Sweden a good few times and was never particularly impressed. Might be better with better players around him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Benfica as a whole have awesome defensive organisation. He'll be used to playing strict defensive football, he'll suit Jose down to the ground. Good signing.

• Haven't watched much of him at Benfica but seen him play for Sweden a good few times and was never particularly impressed. Might be better with better players around him though.

He got his chance in January for Benfica and has held his place since.
    One of Benficas top performers since then. Also featured heavily in the CL.
    Ended up getting him into the Swedish first team as result.
    He's only 22.
    It's a great spot by Jose IMO and I have faith in him picking a proper defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Bailly is very poor in the air only winning 54% of duels, Lindelof doesn't win many headers either (52%). Could be an area of concern if they are played as a pair.

• Advertisement

• rwbug wrote: »
    Bailly is very poor in the air only winning 54% of duels, Lindelof doesn't win many headers either (52%). Could be an area of concern if they are played as a pair.

Where are them stats coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Squawka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He got his chance in January for Benfica and has held his place since.
    One of Benficas top performers since then. Also featured heavily in the CL.
    Ended up getting him into the Swedish first team as result.
    He's only 22.
    It's a great spot by Jose IMO and I have faith in him picking a proper defender.

Great spot? He's not John Nobody playing in sub-Saharan Mali ffs :D

• Great spot? He's not John Nobody playing in sub-Saharan Mali ffs :D

He's only featured since January.
    Yea it's a great spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yea it's a great spot.

You mean you only heard about him in January.

He's been a regular for Benfica for last 18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

My Dad is bigger than your Dad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

New game: Take a shot every time someone mentions "the state of modern football" alongside a transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lindelhof has been well known for ages. I hope the Swedish side he came from get a nice fee out of it or take Benfica to court if they continue to refuse to pay. I lost a lot of respect for them when they wouldn't pay the small Swedish team a few hundred grand which is a drop in the bucket for them, but the bucket for the Swedish side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oat23 wrote: »
    Lindelhof has been well known for ages. I hope the Swedish side he came from get a nice fee out of it or take Benfica to court if they continue to refuse to pay. I lost a lot of respect for them when they wouldn't pay the small Swedish team a few hundred grand which is a drop in the bucket for them, but the bucket for the Swedish side.

I read a story a few days back that they were getting €5m. If I remember right, they were promised €3m after the fiasco at Xmas regardless of if he was sold or not, and €2m if he was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yea it's a great spot.

48 league games since January is a fair accomplishment, I'll give you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lindelof at Carrington. Top signing if it goes through IMO. That CB pairing of him and Baily is delicious

Imo Rojo is United's best defender? What happens to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rachel Riley has transferred off the Sky team.

Actually it seems she quit after comments she made about Spurs bottling the league after losing to West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

48 league games since January is a fair accomplishment, I'll give you that.

The way Mourinho went on last season that played that many from March onwards so he's needed.
    Anyway to transfer news RB Leipzig have signed Bruma from Galatasaray. I remember him impressing for Portugal at the u20 World Cup a few years ago. Lead me to look up Nico Lopez & Juan Quintero who were at that same tournament. One is in Brazil the latter in back home in Columbia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rachel Riley has transferred off the Sky team.

Actually it seems she quit after comments she made about Spurs bottling the league after losing to West Ham.
    Glad to hear this, the job was beneath her imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

eagle eye wrote: »
    Glad to hear this, the job was beneath her imo.

I wish I was that job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Hopefully babestation sign her up.

Greatest free transfer in history.

In actual soccer news , where is salah supposed to play for Liverpool? Lallana coutinho mane behind firmino...

I guess it's a squad game and all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On the wing or second striker. Also Mane played on the left for Soton often. Still no sign of him being signed right now of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Gavlor wrote: »
    I wish I was that job
    Damn; you beat me to it. Her choice of football team leaves something to be desired, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

On the wing or second striker. Also Mane played on the left for Soton often. Still no sign of him being signed right now of course.

If everyone is fit...hes prob on the bench.

Not who you should be spending millions on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Claude Puel sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Matias Nice Toenail

A Puel Blow for Claude....I'm sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If everyone is fit...hes prob on the bench.

Not who you should be spending millions on

You have heard of squad depth? When Mane was injured it showed.

Liverpool are a round from the Champions League which is where Salah would be brilliant I suspect - rare to face a low block 9 behind the ball side in that.

Liverpool have a supposed net spend of 100m available spending 35 million quid on someone with numbers like his should be a no-brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hopefully babestation sign her up.

Greatest free transfer in history.

In actual soccer news , where is salah supposed to play for Liverpool? Lallana coutinho mane behind firmino...

I guess it's a squad game and all....

Coutinho will be in midfield for next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ERG89 wrote: »
    The way Mourinho went on last season that played that many from March onwards so he's needed.
    Anyway to transfer news RB Leipzig have signed Bruma from Galatasaray. I remember him impressing for Portugal at the u20 World Cup a few years ago. Lead me to look up Nico Lopez & Juan Quintero who were at that same tournament. One is in Brazil the latter in back home in Columbia.

I remember that tournament as well. Bruma was excellent in that. Good to see he's still going strong. Quintero was probably the standout player and if I recall correctly he went to the senior World Cup and got a goal. I remember thinking he was going to be one of the next big sensations but he had a tough spell at Porto and has never bounced back. Real shame.
    DubDani wrote:

I think Tolisso to Bayern is a great signing. A classy footballer who rarely had a bad game. He can pick a pass and he's very good at the edge of the box, though he can also play deeper. He was one of Lyon's best players, probably second only to Lacazette.

I figured he'd wind up in Italy as a few Italian clubs were after him last year. Lyon are going to have to do some big rebuilding this summer. Valbuena has gone to Fenerbahce and Lacazette looks a cert to leave too. Not looking good for them.

In other news, Turkish media are claiming Gomis is on his way to Galatasaray. I assumed he would make his loan move to Marseille permanent. He did very well there and was very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

A nice move for Pickford, he will be instantly no.1 there..

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/875120210633740288

Advertisement