Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Leicester have bid £10 million for Jonny Evans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

eagle eye wrote: »
    Imo Rojo is United's best defender? What happens to him?

Bailly is our best defender.

Rojo is a left back naturally (and has been disastrous in the role for us) and he only ended up playing centre half due to injuries. He was excellent in the role it has to be said.

Lindelof is I believe a natural centre half so it would make more sense to pair him and Bailly together.

We will have a huge amount of games next year and with Jones injury prone and Smalling possibly heading for the exit Rojo will get lots of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

In other news, Turkish media are claiming Gomis is on his way to Galatasaray. I assumed he would make his loan move to Marseille permanent. He did very well there and was very popular.
    I had automatically assumed the deal was done, especially with Marseille (supposedly) having lots of money to spend now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Great spot? He's not John Nobody playing in sub-Saharan Mali ffs :D

Tell that to Ray Wilkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Bailly is our best defender.

Rojo is a left back naturally (and has been disastrous in the role for us) and he only ended up playing centre half due to injuries. He was excellent in the role it has to be said.

Lindelof is I believe a natural centre half so it would make more sense to pair him and Bailly together.

We will have a huge amount of games next year and with Jones injury prone and Smalling possibly heading for the exit Rojo will get lots of game time.

Rojo is a CB and not a LB! and you have it the other way around!

He was bought as a CB but can play LB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bild reporting that PSG have ended their interest in Aubameyang after they wanted a "classic striker", whatever that means. It half sounds like his wage demands were too high for the French club, so they are moving on.

Kicker reports that Tianjin Quanjian seems the be only interested club that is able the meet the wage demands of Aubameyang (he wants 10 million net).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bild reporting that PSG have ended their interest in Aubameyang after they wanted a "classic striker", whatever that means. It half sounds like his wage demands were too high for the French club, so they are moving on.

Kicker reports that Tianjin Quanjian seems the be only interested club that is able the meet the wage demands of Aubameyang (he wants 10 million net).

So whats that, about 195k a week net?

Thats notr far off the Messi/Ronaldo bracket, well if either paid their taxes. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dutch sites report that the Chinese also pulled out.

Classic striker.... a Giroud type?
    Aubameyang strong point is his speed. Problem for PSG s they are 90% of the matches in France playing teams who are with the back against the wall so speed is less important than some guy who can work with crosses and is in the box already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rojo is a CB and not a LB! and you have it the other way around!

He was bought as a CB but can play LB

Correction, he was bought as a CB but is dodgy at LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

McGuire to Leicester also confirmed now.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/875375481171959809

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

inforfun wrote: »
    Dutch sites report that the Chinese also pulled out.

The Chinese have brought in a new tax where the club has to pay into development fund a fee equal to the transfer fee - the cost of buying a foreigner has effectively doubled for them. They are also reducing the number of foreigners allowed in squads.

Looks like the Chinese money coming into Europe will slow down dramatically.

Buffons heir in-waiting, Donnarumma is refusing to sign an extension at Milan, from Di Marzio on Twitter.

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how much he'll go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Huddersfield have £7.2m bid for Tom Ince rejected by Derby County.

Honestly, you'd have to question both decisions there. Maybe he's holding out for Inter again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

N'Zonzi to Juve for 40m Euro seems to be a done deal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

GavRedKing wrote: »

I dont think hes a bad player, but hes not going to improve that Juve side very much IMO.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont think hes a bad player, but hes not going to improve that Juve side very much IMO.

They loked very leggy against Real in the second half, could be a decent signing and would IMO be a better fit than Khedira as a destroyer if thats how they deploy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Huddersfield have £7.2m bid for Tom Ince rejected by Derby County.

Honestly, you'd have to question both decisions there. Maybe he's holding out for Inter again.

If tom ince gos for 10 mil football really has gone mad !!! He has not done anything anywhere he played with all this English player hype he gets ;)

• Advertisement

If tom ince gos for 10 mil football really has gone mad !!! He has not done anything anywhere he played with all this English player hype he gets ;)

He for me will always be a player with plenty of potential that just didnt reach the heights he could have. Some of his games four years ago would suggest the hype was real, but sadly didnt continue his form in the EPL.

astradave wrote: »
    A nice move for Pickford, he will be instantly no.1 there..

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/875120210633740288

I think he has the potential of be a top keeper, but at 25 million I feel they over paid. Hes had one decent season at Sunderland, I dont think he's the shown that he's the next big thing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Buffons heir in-waiting, Donnarumma is refusing to sign an extension at Milan, from Di Marzio on Twitter.

Be interesting to see where he ends up and how much he'll go for.

I'd imagine a straight up fight between Real Madrid and Juve, only 12 months left on his contract so he might sit tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah... he's a decent on-field bully, but i'm not sure he has much more to him.
    Can't say I'm much of a fan... he's just always kind of seemed like a dick, real nasty streak in him at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's intriguing how Aubameyang is not being actively sought by a succession of top clubs (apparently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think he has the potential of be a top keeper, but at 25 million I feel they over paid. Hes had one decent season at Sunderland, I dont think he's the shown that he's the next big thing yet.

Will be interesting to see if he's actually good or just a keeper that got to make a ton of saves in front of a terrible defence. That said he shouldn't have too much trouble being number one straight away there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are City going to have enough homegrown players at left in this squad.

What happens if they don't?

Are City going to have enough homegrown players at left in this squad.

What happens if they don't?

As per Football Manager, they can just leave squad spaces blank if they don't have the right number of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,195 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's intriguing how Aubameyang is not being actively sought by a succession of top clubs (apparently)

It appears his wage demands are excessive putting many of the top clubs off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd imagine a straight up fight between Real Madrid and Juve, only 12 months left on his contract so he might sit tight.

PSG are the only ones to have shown interest so far. Very disappointed that he is choosing to leave but when he didn't reply to the last contract offer it showed that he was never interested in staying long term despite being a "fan". I wouldn't be surprised if Bonaventura goes too as he is another Raiola client.

As per Football Manager, they can just leave squad spaces blank if they don't have the right number of people.

In addition to what Lord TSC said City have some freebies towards squad numbers, players like Sane and Jesus.

"Clubs are able to supplement their squads with unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Gavlor wrote: »

All young enough to improve and better than what we have. Schneiderlan klassan and gueye is a strong midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Davy Klaassen confirmed €27m signing for Everton.

Reports in Italy, doubt there is any truth in them but hey.. its DiMarzio reporting it

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/875465061338402816

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    Reports in Italy, doubt there is any truth in them but hey.. its DiMarzio reporting it

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/875465061338402816

Wasn't that why he left Juventus?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wasn't that why he left Juventus?

Well its been rumoured that he resigned out of no where over the Juve directors making a decision to sell Vidal.

Edit: no point in a new post, some more details emerging, L'Equipe reporting it this time.

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/875485659368218625

Liamalone wrote: »
    Davy Klaassen confirmed ?27m signing for Everton.

Keeps pissing me off how Ajax always gets way too much money for their players.

Just from memory:
    Babel 19m
    Milik 30m
    Now Klaassen 27m

Bazoer 12m
    El Ghazi 7m
    Those last 2 were really surplus to requirement and deemed a disturbance in the dressing room.

Fair ****s to Marc "netto" Overmars i reckon.

Behold, United's annual Summer Saga has begun!

A Bola: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid
    https://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=677895

Independent: Cristiano Ronaldo makes 'irreversible' decision to leave Real Madrid after treatment by Spanish tax authorities
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-transfer-news-wants-to-leave-spanish-tax-fraud-allegations-a7792826.html

MARCA: Real Madrid tries to calm down Cristiano. Florentino hopes Cristiano reconsider his decision
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59438d9eca4741a5288b45f5.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sevilla do it again, he only cost them like £5m or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Behold, United's annual Summer Saga has begun!

A Bola: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid
    https://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=677895

Independent: Cristiano Ronaldo makes 'irreversible' decision to leave Real Madrid after treatment by Spanish tax authorities
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-transfer-news-wants-to-leave-spanish-tax-fraud-allegations-a7792826.html

MARCA: Real Madrid tries to calm down Cristiano. Florentino hopes Cristiano reconsider his decision
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/06/16/59438d9eca4741a5288b45f5.html

So what ever fine Ronaldo gets for the tax issues Real will pay and he'll get a new contract too!

rob316 wrote: »
    Sevilla do it again, he only cost them like £5m or something.

€10m accoridng to soccerway they paid Stoke.
    Nice return on investment.
    Has to be said, he was massive for Sevilla but slowed down a bit near the end. As the entire team did more or less.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So what ever fine Ronaldo gets for the tax issues Real will pay and he'll get a new contract too!

Which he then forgets to declare as income (that fine paid by Real) and he goes down again.

Ronaldo joins Messi and Neyamr so in "wanting out" after an investigation by the Spanish authorities.

Nothing story, they've won 3 of the last 4 UCLs, he'd be mad to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:

How dare the tax authorities for doing their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Matias Nice Toenail

Can't see him going back to United due to him and Jose falling out at Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Uh oh looks like Mes....wait, Ronaldo is running from the Spanish tax authorities. Maybe his defence isn't as good as Real Madrid claimed it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

It might be one of the biggest b*tch moves if the rumours are true. Throwing the toys out of the pram and wanting to leave a country because you tried to get away without paying tax, got caught and can't bear to face the consequences.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Its been the only place Ive seen that, but Sky arent as reliable as some think. Id say its b*llocks for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement