Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Uh oh looks like Mes....wait, Ronaldo is running from the Spanish tax authorities. Maybe his defence isn't as good as Real Madrid claimed it was.

Just like you ran from this forum for two weeks when himself and his team-mates won the CL convincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just like you ran from this forum for two weeks when himself and his team-mates won the CL convincingly.

That was unfortunately an enforced sabbatical. I don't run.

But anyway, the tone of the Marca article doesn't paint a pretty future for Ronaldo at Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Behaviour of a guilty man imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres more chance of AIG scoring a hat trick for Madrid than there is of Ronaldo actually moving.

• ricero wrote: »
    Behaviour of a guilty man imo

I'm actually beginning to enjoy you as poster :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm actually beginning to enjoy you as poster :pac:

Feeling is mutual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only PSG would be stupid or rich enough to buy him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Can't see him going back to United due to him and Jose falling out at Madrid

I'd say they're both big enough to put their egos aside for the sake of their egos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ronaldo could return to United and become the all time top scorer for Real Madrid and Manchester United.
    I think he would relish that stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ronaldo could return to United and become the all time top scorer for Real Madrid and Manchester United.
    I think he would relish that stat.

Is that likely? Whats he off Utds top scorer, 150 goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

GavRedKing wrote: »

According to Delboy5 in the United thread :
    Delboy5 wrote: »
    136...............goals needed for Ronaldo to be our all time top scorer... ;o)

GavRedKing wrote: »

135 goals to equal it.
    Rooney with 253.
    Ronaldo with 118.

Barring injury, I think he could smash it, if it is something he wants to do with his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Can't wait to see him in the United jersey again. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

135 goals to equal it.
    Rooney with 253.
    Ronaldo with 118.

Barring injury, I think he could smash it, if it is something he wants to do with his career.

If he joined this summer, he might do it.

I cant see him keeping his scoring record at Madrid if he did join though, its a different league and rarely does a PL side score circa 100 goals, Real Madrid have done that every year for the last decade I think but if he returned and played 4 or 5 years, he would certainly stand a chance in breaking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

TallGlass wrote: »
    Can't wait to see him in the United jersey again. :pac:

I'm sure someone could do a good photoshop job! It's the only way we'll see it again

I'm a United fan and I refuse to believe it till he's in Carrington holding a contract

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm sure someone could do a good photoshop job! It's the only way we'll see it again

I'm a United fan and I refuse to believe it till he's in Carrington holding a contract

Barring a testimonial he'll never wear a United shirt again/ That ship sailed many moons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jayop wrote: »
    Barring a testimonial he'll never wear a United shirt again/ That ship sailed many moons ago.

He might swap shirts too after a UCL game...... but thats it.

Love that some people are completely unaware or totally ignorant to the sheer level of animosity between Mourinho and Ronaldo. They aren't working together again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Burial. wrote: »
    It might be one of the biggest b*tch moves if the rumours are true. Throwing the toys out of the pram and wanting to leave a country because you tried to get away without paying tax, got caught and can't bear to face the consequences.

apparently he went to the authorities to make sure he was compliant, at least thats what Marca said this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Brighton are signing Matthew Ryan the aussie goalie from Valencia for a club record.

Love that some people are completely unaware or totally ignorant to the sheer level of animosity between Mourinho and Ronaldo. They aren't working together again.

Considering the consensus view among united fans is that this is never happening and anyone posting positively towards it is joking I think you can stick your accusations of ignorance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jayop wrote: »
    Considering the consensus view among united fans is that this is never happening and anyone posting positively towards it is joking I think you can stick your accusations of ignorance.

Yeah. We (United fans) have all been here before. We talk about the hypotheticals because it's the summer and there's not much else to talk about. Plus it's fun to dream ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Think I'm gonna have to load up some championship manager and buy all the players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Only PSG would be stupid or rich enough to buy him

Stupid :rolleyes: enough to buy the winner of 3 of the last 4 Balon D'ors
    At least be kinda subtle buddy :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Dream scenario: "Ronnie" comes "home" for €200m before being swiftly extradited back to Spain to face the music. Remember Messi actually got a 21 month (suspended) prison sentence for the same thing so it's not something that Man U should ignore completely in their considerations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

sabat wrote: »
    Dream scenario: "Ronnie" comes "home" for €200m before being swiftly extradited back to Spain to face the music. Remember Messi actually got a 21 month (suspended) prison sentence for the same thing so it's not something that Man U should ignore completely in their considerations.

Sporting Lisbon couldn't afford him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Same thing was said about Yaya and Pep. You are stupid if you think professional players can't work together when they are good money.

Jose also called Ronaldo something like illiterate when Ronaldo was at ManUtd, that didn't stop them playing for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I fully expect Ronaldo to come out with a statement saying he is committed to Madrid.

Let's not forget on Thursday there were reports Conte wanted out and on Friday he was fully committed to Chelsea.

Interesting that this all happens when we're doing the deal for Morata. Could be Madrid playing silly buggers trying to throw a spanner in the works.

• Advertisement

I read today that Mourinho rang Ronaldo last year after Portugal won the Euros to apologise to him for saying he would never win it.

Then last October Ronaldo had this to say about Mourinho:
    "I have played for a lot of coaches, but Mourinho was a great thinker.

"He would study everything down to the absolute smallest detail."

Jose when he he joined Chelsea in 2013 said:
    "Coaching him was the highlight of my career. He's the most professional player I've ever met.
    "A coach and player may have their differences at a given time, but it ends there. I don't have any problem."
    "When a coach criticises a player from a tactical viewpoint trying to improve what in my view could have been improved. And at this moment he didn't take it very well because maybe he thinks he knows everything and the coach cannot help him to develop anymore."

Sometimes molehills can appear to some as mountains.

This could feck up the whole transfer summer at the top level, and it's already been "disturbed" by the AM ban. Of course one can't help but wonder about agents and their agendas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I read today that Mourinho rang Ronaldo last year after Portugal won the Euros to apologise to him for saying he would never win it.

Then last October Ronaldo had this to say about Mourinho:
    "I have played for a lot of coaches, but Mourinho was a great thinker.

Can't disagree with this, it might be spelt wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder how much money Jose, Ronnie and their agent would make out of the side money if this was to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

This the Ronaldo thread? :) In other news/gossip

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/876118910982115328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

rwbug wrote: »
    This the Ronaldo thread? :) In other news/gossip

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/876118910982115328

I'm doubtful how well Alves would do in England now with his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm doubtful how well Alves would do in England now with his age.

Pep said this about his full backs being too old, Alves would probably bring the same issues even with his extra quality.

"Last games we played with Jesus and we attack a lot with the full-back, but Pablo, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy - all of them they are more than 33 years old and they don't have the legs to go up and down. That's why I prefer they play in other positions.

Alves did say this before -

“I did not move to England last summer because I felt like I needed to learn how to defend better, You must be a very good defender to play in England and Italy could teach me a lot. I still hope I am going to move to the Premier League one day. When? I don’t know, let’s see.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sandro ramirez has apparently passed a medical at Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,205 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

rwbug wrote: »
    Pep said this about his full backs being too old, Alves would probably bring the same issues even with his extra quality.

"Last games we played with Jesus and we attack a lot with the full-back, but Pablo, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy - all of them they are more than 33 years old and they don't have the legs to go up and down. That's why I prefer they play in other positions.

Of those, Sagna is the only one aged over 33. You'd think Pep would have some idea of the ages of his players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id have alves any day of the week, best in his position still, 2-3 yr deal no brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Sandro ramirez has apparently passed a medical at Everton

https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/876087950144147456

He could be a great signing. Koeman has done some job reshaping the squad and cutting the age profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dear God

/shakes head

https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/876362444595240960

Everton spending the Lukaku money despite not selling him......yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/876362444595240960

Everton spending the Lukaku money despite not selling him......yet.

Think they have the money with out selling lukaku.

Alves to City is a tremendous signing. Showed last season he can still run the right flank on his own (meaning he can play outside) and there's no full back more adept at playing inside than Alves. Instantly gives Pep more options in how they approach possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Alves to City is a tremendous signing. Showed last season he can still run the right flank on his own (meaning he can play outside) and there's no full back more adept at playing inside than Alves. Instantly gives Pep more options in how they approach possession.

So lord Pep is making signing for short term which was supposed to be bad thing.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So lord Pep is making signing for short term which was supposed to be bad thing.

When so many recruits this season and last fall into a certain category, it's good to bring in an old head. Especially one who can still cut it at the top, is an absolutely model pro who younger players will learn from and has the distinct added advantage of knowing the demands and facets of Guardiola's approach and should be able to help in enforcing those qualities to fellow teammates. Excellent signing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dear God

/shakes head

?

In the current market, that looks a decent deal. Or am I missing something?

As a Fifa player, I dread the idea of Mane and Salah having perfect chemistry together :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement