Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Di Marzio: "Salah to Liverpool completed".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently he's just backup if they don't get Sanchez

They won't be getting Sanchez. Not this season anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

greendom wrote: »
    They won't be getting Sanchez. Not this season anyway

Why would they not be getting him? He can easily force a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nordtveit back to the Bundesliga from Wet Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

beakerjoe wrote: »

not going to happen. (putting fingers in ears and closing eyes!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How so? Arsenal have been very consistent, they won't sell him to a rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The fabled Di Marzio has been a steaming pile of sh*te this summer.

How so? Arsenal have been very consistent, they won't sell him to a rival.

We've heard that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fabled? Himself, Balague and Tancredi are of the same ilk. Like most ITK people on twitter, BS merchants.

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »

Fabled? Himself, Balague and Tancredi are of the same ilk. Like most ITK people on twitter, BS merchants.
    I agree, some take his word as gospel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lukker- wrote:
    I agree, some take his word as gospel though.

Tbf the amount of crap talked this summer is alarmingly high. I don't take much serious unless you see the player show up for medicals or that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

The MEN says he is being sold for £18 million, other sources say it is a loan.

https://twitter.com/MaxHorbez/status/877132358809288705

Mangala arrived at Lyon on Tuesday. It should engage with the OL in the next few hours [exclu Oh My Goal]

We've heard that before

Now now, don't start being wilfully ignorant of vastly different situations...

Now now, don't start being wilfully ignorant of vastly different situations...

I mean, Sanchez only has a year left and if he doesn't re-sign, I struggle to see Arsenal keeping him. No matter what Wenger says.

I mean, Sanchez only has a year left and if he doesn't re-sign, I struggle to see Arsenal keeping him. No matter what Wenger says.
    All bets are off if he runs his contract down (obviously) but Wenger knows he can't sell him to an English club this season. He's not stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

If Arsenal get the right price they will sell....to anyone......their owners are money men, there is no way they want to let him leave for free next summer

All bets are off if he runs his contract down (obviously) but Wenger knows he can't sell him to an English club this season. He's not stupid.

They might not want to sell to an English club, but it may be sell him to a rival or miss out on millions. Arsenal are over a barrell here unless someone like Bayern or PSG come in for him

They might not want to sell to an English club, but it may be sell him to a rival or miss out on millions. Arsenal are over a barrell here unless someone like Bayern or PSG come in for him

It's not like Fabregas etc, they can absorb those millions now. Losing a few quid vs massive fan unrest that they're already aware of...

It's not like Fabregas etc, they can absorb those millions now. Losing a few quid vs massive fan unrest that they're already aware of...

What if Sanchez downs tools ala Payet? then what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Sanchez is as good as gone, if he wants to win the CL and league titles hes going to leave.

I'd expect it to happen after the Confederations cup and probably to Bayern, theres no hope of any English team signing him this summer, even with 12 months on his contract.

What if Sanchez downs tools ala Payet? then what.

Tough one, but Arsenal would sell him cut price to Bayern or something. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

If Arsenal get the right price they will sell....to anyone......their owners are money men, there is no way they want to let him leave for free next summer

This would be the worst possible summer for Arsenal to sell to a direct premier league rival. A large proportion of the Arsenal fan base are not happy with Wenger getting another two year deal. If Wenger then sanctioned a sale of Sanchez to a premier league team, then it would get ugly.

The club don't need the money anymore, so one of three things will happen. Sell him abroad, he signs a new contract or is allowed to run his contract down. If he signs for a premier league team on a free than so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The fans will slaughter the board if he's left join an English side. Another RVP would be unforgivable.

rob316 wrote: »
    The fans will slaughter the board if he's left join an English side. Another RVP would be unforgivable.

I'd imagine the board would be shredded if in 12 months Sanchez joins a PL team on a free.

The only differewnce between leaving him go now and next summer would be the money.

If Sanchez wants to join City thats on him, Arsenal want him to stay clearly, I'd sell him now and take the money because if hes so adamant that he wants out hes going to sign a deal with them anyway in the summer next year and Arsenal will have lost him to a rival and got nothing for it.

Arsenals best hope is that he signs an extension, next best solution is that a foreign club come in for him this window, worse case scenario is he runs the deal down and ends up at a PL club next summer, IMO.

I think he'll be at Bayern or PSG by the time this window closes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'd imagine the board would be shredded if in 12 months Sanchez joins a PL team on a free.

I don't see how, you cant force a player to sign a contract, he's allowed run it down.

I don't see how, you cant force a player to sign a contract, he's allowed run it down.

So arsenal fans will be happy to make zero money on him joining a fierce rival?

Jeez if his mind is made up you might aswell make some money from it surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

bedff23541c0e68544d6fd559b0ab899.png
    7802383a491d2d9f5a49b6458864a58a.png

Good guy Suarez, two dates before sealing the deal.

• Advertisement

True, but the board and Wenger will still get the flack for it. They blame them for not getting UCL football. Had they got UCL football, Sanchez would be more likely to stay. If Sanchez leaves, the board will be at fault in the eyes of the fans.

Sanchez has control of the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

pjohnson wrote: »
    So arsenal fans will be happy to make zero money on him joining a fierce rival?

Jeez if his mind is made up you might aswell make some money from it surely.

I wouldn't be happy with that scenario, but I'd prefer it to selling him to a rival. Anyway I think he will either be sold abroad or signs a new contract with a clause or gentlemans agreement about next summer.

I wouldn't be happy with that scenario, but I'd prefer it to selling him to a rival. Anyway I think he will either be sold abroad or signs a new contract with a clause or gentlemans agreement about next summer.

Id say he will be abroad too by the close of the summer, but I dont think him moving to an english club is beyond a reasonable possibility. It all depends on what he wants, he has the more power in this situation sadly.

I do wonder will they be able to keep hold of Ozil too, but doubt any top clubs will fork out for him.

Id say he will be abroad too by the close of the summer, but I dont think him moving to an english club is beyond a reasonable possibility. It all depends on what he wants, he has the more power in this situation sadly.

I do wonder will they be able to keep hold of Ozil too, but doubt any top clubs will fork out for him.

I'd say if one goes the other will follow, if one extends, the other stays too.

Both players would be nearly impossible to replace and both IIRC, have 12months left on their deals.

Arsenal and Wenger have to give them a hard sale about who theyre bringing in what their aims are for the sesaon coming up or else they could lose their 2 best players, which would be a shame for the league too if both ended up leaving England, Sanchez has been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't see a club bigger than Arsenal being after Ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bayern made Sky and Balague look like mugs.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd say if one goes the other will follow, if one extends, the other stays too.

Both players would be nearly impossible to replace and both IIRC, have 12months left on their deals.

Arsenal and Wenger have to give them a hard sale about who theyre bringing in what their aims are for the sesaon coming up or else they could lose their 2 best players, which would be a shame for the league too if both ended up leaving England, Sanchez has been brilliant.

I wasnt aware Ozil was in his last 12 months too.

Sanchez is the bigger loss easily for me. But I agree, persueding Ozil could be a huge step into keeping Sanchez.

BBC are reporting that Tammy Abraham, who was looking likely to be going to Newcastle or Brighton for the season, is now on the verge of going on loan to Swansea.

I wasnt aware Ozil was in his last 12 months too.

Sanchez is the bigger loss easily for me. But I agree, persueding Ozil could be a huge step into keeping Sanchez.

Arsenal have a raft of player out of contract next summer.

Sanchez, Ozil, Ox-Cham, Cazorla, Gibbs, Wilshire, Ramsey.

BBC are reporting that Tammy Abraham, who was looking likely to be going to Newcastle or Brighton for the season, is now on the verge of going on loan to Swansea.

Could be a good thing for Newcastle. They should be aiming higher than a teenager with no Prem Experience. They need a proven striker with Murphy and Mitrovic not consistant enough.

I like Ramsey, would love to see him at United.

• Advertisement

Could be a good thing for Newcastle. They should be aiming higher than a teenager with no Prem Experience. They need a proven striker with Murphy and Mitrovic not consistant enough.

Agreed, I dont think its good pressure for Abraham either and Newcastle will likely have 2 or 3 other CFs ahead of him in the pecking order. Newcastle will probably be aiming for and get close to 9-12th in the league, Swansea represents less pressure, IMO, but also with less chance of other CFs keeping him from getting game time.

Hes meant to be signing an extension, I think Ox-Cham was mentioned as possible transfer for a few teams, Pool, City and Chelsea mentioned the other day.

Ox-Cham is other player I like, but like Ramsey, I can see him staying at Arsenal.

Wilshere really has fallen from grace. He really hasnt reached his potential.

Ox-Cham is other player I like, but like Ramsey, I can see him staying at Arsenal.

Wilshere really has fallen from grace. He really hasnt reached his potential.

Still a sprog too, but injuries have ruined him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think clubs have missed a trick with Abraham, he could be a surprise hit next season.

Corholio wrote: »
    I think clubs have missed a trick with Abraham, he could be a surprise hit next season.

He did well enough with Bristol last year, worth a shot for a lower end of the league team like Swansea. Its his lack of big league experience that makes him a bigger gamble.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2008/Jun/Ramsey-fee-agreed.aspx

:P

(btw how bad is that website? Thought it was just the template from 2008 but seems it hasn't changed at all!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I hadn't seen much of him so was interested to see how he got on for the England U-21's. His strenghts are obvious, but he looks raw enough. I see similarities to Wellbeck in his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Arsenal have a raft of player out of contract next summer.

Sanchez, Ozil, Ox-Cham, Cazorla, Gibbs, Wilshire, Ramsey.

Thats just horribly bad squad management.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jordi Mboula joins Monaco. Potentially world class player leaves La Masia due to shocking mismanagement. Bartomeu's board hate everything about Barcelona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement