Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Defoe deal is understandable great proven premiership striker will add goals regardless worth the money IMO , The real madrid one is bizarre though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Defoe might be in the five oldest outfield premier league players playing next season. I can understand the signing but given the high weekly salary the three years seems long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://twitter.com/as_monaco_en/status/867637567356850176

Good signing for Monaco at a good price after the season he's had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brilliant move for him at this stage of his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City have cleared out all (well most of) their deadwood

Navas, Clichy, Sagna, Willy, Zabaleta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

City have cleared out all (well most of) their deadwood

Navas, Clichy, Sagna, Willy, Zabaleta
    Only Yaya left of the "end of contract" players now. Personally, I'd offer him a new 1 year deal; he's done enough since he got back in the side after the new year to warrant it. Whether he'd be happy with being a (likely) squad player, though, is another question. Or his agent!
    :eek:

And of course, there's Hart, Nasri, Mangala, Bony and Kelechi that are all likely to be out the door in the summer. And possibly Delph and Fernando.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Getting rid of Kelechi would be brain dead. Fantastic player.

Kelechi Iheanacho would be a great pick up for Liverpool I think.

Kelechi Iheanacho would be a great pick up for Liverpool I think.

Would at the very least be a decent sub for any team in the league. If Bok choy is getting some games at Chelsea then Kelechi would be an easy upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

sugarman wrote: »
    Looks like Walker is on his way out of Spurs going by cryptic Insta posts

Off to City I reckon.

Been on the cards for a good while.

Spurs have Trippier so not a great loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

sugarman wrote: »
    Looks like Walker is on his way out of Spurs going by cryptic Insta posts

Off to City I reckon.
    Is he asking how to pull Cheshire cats?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

kylewalker2 A huge thank you to all the @spursofficial fans at home and around the world for their incredible support this season! Glad we've been able to make you smile! ⚪️������#COYS

That was the caption on the instagram quote, so i wouldn't read that much into it. He may well leave, as it has been on the cards for a while now, but this post isn't him saying goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bernardo Silva reported to be having a medical at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote:
    Bernardo Silva reported to be having a medical at City.

Pep strengthening areas already strong.....I can see him replacing Silva long term but I think Silva when he was injured last season was missed badly. For £70m Monaco must be coping well. :o

• Advertisement

Redcafe is confused and angry!

Redcafe is confused and angry!

Had a quick gawk and saw a few "James is better anyway" posts. Couldn't make it up. Odd enough move by City unless they plan on playing De Bruyne and David Silva deeper full time. Even so that attack line is getting very cluttered. Top player though.

Another player following the money I see.
    Aye because if he'd come to us we'd have paid him in chocolate coins.
    Well, City aren't exactly a world beating team and Pep has been shown to be wanting this season, there's literally no reason to go to City if United is an option., unless you care more for money.
    You're talking absolute bobbins, get those red tinted glasses off.

etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Latest reports saying City are signing Silva from Monaco. Also interested in Walker & Mendy.

A big if but City signing those 3 would be favourites for the PL. They will probably buy a CM & CB as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

MD1990 wrote: »
    Latest reports saying City are signing Silva from Monaco. Also interested in Walker & Mendy.

A big if but City signing those 3 would be favourites for the PL. They will probably buy a CM & CB as well.

Bookies have City as favorites for the league next season for a while now without any signings.

I expect guardiola to sign 5-7 first team players. History has shown it means nothing though unless you get the right players in.

• Advertisement

They are favourites anyway according to the bookies.

Silva will be a brilliant signing for whoever gets him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Superb signing, looks like City will be very active in the transfer market and get signings very quickly.

Apparently Mendy will also follow Silva to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Loved watching silva for monaco, very entertaining player to watch.

Rumours buzzing of both Mendy and Fabinho on the way to City too. Pep must be trying to get rid of the CL nightmares.

I wouldn't say players going to City are going for just the money.

They could earn as much as Man Utd or Chelsea but Guardiola has a reputation of improving players & playing a great brand of football. But next season if City win no big trophies or show big improvements Pep will lose this aura.

Burial. wrote: »
    Rumours buzzing of both Mendy and Fabinho on the way to City too. Pep must be trying to get rid of the CL nightmares.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/868053140800757760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can't see why pep is signing full backs? He only asks them to centre midfield any ways. Ha ha ha

FFS, just buy all the Monacians or whatever they are called

89c0019cec62930b2f6a203377138c92.png

Would appear to be nailed on.

Talks of £43m with no add ons. Announcement apparently later today.

Really is a cracking signing for City, would have loved him at Chelsea.

• Advertisement

• Johner wrote: »
    Really is a cracking signing for City, would have loved him at Chelsea.

Never wanted him anyway :pac:

Honestly, if I was to look to Utd we don't need another bloody AM

43m would be a decent deal for City.

Monaco are probably going to lose most of there best players this summer. Which is a shame but they will probably reinvest the money very well.

43m would be a decent deal for City.

Monaco are probably going to lose most of there best players this summer. Which is a shame but they will probably reinvest the money very well.

well they've already signed Youri Tielemans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Johner wrote: »
    Good signing for them, thought he would head to China!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It must be great to be Guardiola or Mourinho and have the clout to demand the best players around and price never really mattering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I like zabelata. Good solid signing for any top side. Surprised he was let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Burial. wrote: »
    Would appear to be nailed on.

Talks of ?43m with no add ons. Announcement apparently later today.

I think in the context of some of the prices that will be paid later this window, this deal will end up looking like a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think in the context of some of the prices that will be paid later this window, this deal will end up looking like a bargain.

It's kind of frightening the figures we have become inured to as football fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know it's very early but I'm very surprised that Sandro Ramirez hasn't been gobbled up already. He has a very low figure release clause, he is 21 and he played great last season after getting away from Barcelona. I don't think they have a buy back clause either.

One thing about this happening is that Barca might finally revert to giving their youth a chance because one got away on therm there. Munir was on the same team as him and he'll be gone shortly too if he isn't getting any game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

eagle eye wrote: »
    One thing about this happening is that Barca might finally revert to giving their youth a chance because one got away on therm there. Munir was on the same team as him and he'll be gone shortly too if he isn't getting any game time.

They bought back Denis Suarez lasy year & apparently are buying back Delofeou this year after his 6 months at Milan probably developed more than his entire time at Everton. I don't think either will see much of the pitch next season. They definitely need someone in midfield to step in for Iniesta (no pressure there obviously). Thiago had a good season at Bayern too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gutted to hear City got Bernardo Silva. He's been the best player in Ligue 1 for me this season and I think the reported price of circa 41m or thereabouts is a real steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FFS, just buy all the Monacians or whatever they are called

[Educationmode] Monagasques [/educationmode]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gutted to hear City got Bernardo Silva. He's been the best player in Ligue 1 for me this season and I think the reported price of circa 41m or thereabouts is a real steal.
    He had a great season for sure but personally I think his teammate Fabinho was the best player in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm very skeptical about that price for Silva

Very indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I'm very skeptical about that price for Silva

Very indeed

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Why?

Seems like a really great deal for City when Monaco hold the cards, Mendes would take a significant chunk of that too I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Seems like a really great deal for City when Monaco hold the cards, Mendes would take a significant chunk of that too I imagine.

Well supposedly that's before add-ons, it should rise to 61m with add-one.. the BBC never usually report the add-ons, pretty sure when United where signing Martial it was a similar report with 36m instead.

Bouhafsfi who would be the best with French football is saying 70m euro total(with add-ons)

~Rebel~ wrote: »

More on the way,Pep going into full FM mode.£300 million to spend.

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/868400575662223361

80 million for Mendy/walker
    Will keep Aguero
    Want Alexis
    Will get one of fabinho/William carvalho
    Want one of Virgil van djik or bonucci.
    Want to sell bony,nasri,mangala,hart.

Saw that, basically City are going to blow the bloody doors off. Anyone remember that thing about financial fair play? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement