Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jordi Mboula joins Monaco. Potentially world class player leaves La Masia due to shocking mismanagement. Bartomeu's board hate everything about Barcelona.

Havent seen anything of him, whats he like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Corholio wrote: »
    I think clubs have missed a trick with Abraham, he could be a surprise hit next season.

Others have said it, hes lacked big game experience but hes a real predator in the box.

Himself and Solanke got a combined 82 goals for the youths 2 years ago (41 a piece) and Solanke done ok at Vitesse when he was given his chance, where as Abraham has been much more effective at Bristol, scoring 26 goals in 48 games is great going. It'll be intersting to see how he gets on against better players though.

I think both Solanke and Abraham have big futures ahead of them and it will be interesting to see how they progres as theyre practically the same age, Solanke is something like 20 days older.

Thats just horribly bad squad management.

Ya, its pretty strange that they didnt try and tie them down last summer when they had 2 years left, getting into anything under 2 years left on a players deal is dangerous territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Others have said it, hes lacked big game experience but hes a real predator in the box.

Himself and Solanke got a combined 82 goals for the youths 2 years ago (41 a piece) and Solanke done ok at Vitesse when he was given his chance, where as Abraham has been much more effective at Bristol, scoring 26 goals in 48 games is great going. It'll be intersting to see how he gets on against better players though.

I think both Solanke and Abraham have big futures ahead of them and it will be interesting to see how they progres as theyre practically the same age, Solanke is something like 20 days older.

Vitesse thought they were in for Abraham. Could have used the EL experience with them too maybe.
    Never really understand why clubs loan out their attacking talent to teams that will not be doing too much attacking.

inforfun wrote: »
    Vitesse thought they were in for Abraham. Could have used the EL experience with them too maybe.
    Never really understand why clubs loan out their attacking talent to teams that will not be doing too much attacking.

Lewis Baker had a very good season for them just gone, probably the best season of any one of the dozens of Chelsea players we sent out there.

Just on Chelsea loans, I do expect Hull will get a player or two from us now that one of Romans buddies is in charge.

Van Aanholt didnt do too bad either at Vitesse and, from memory, is about the only one playing PL now.

inforfun wrote: »
    Van Aanholt didnt do too bad either at Vitesse and, from memory, is about the only one playing PL now.

Matic too, although he was there for a yera and didnt do as well as Baker just has.

On Baker, I can see him or Loftuc Cheek being sold this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, its pretty strange that they didnt try and tie them down last summer when they had 2 years left, getting into anything under 2 years left on a players deal is dangerous territory.

I think its pretty silly to assume they didn't try tie Ozil and Sanchez down. Gibbs and Wilshere probably didn't deserve new contracts so that leaves Ox who had just come off a terrible season and Ramsey.

AdamD wrote: »
    I think its pretty silly to assume they didn't try tie Ozil and Sanchez down. Gibbs and Wilshere probably didn't deserve new contracts so that leaves Ox who had just come off a terrible season and Ramsey.

I dont assume they didnt offer them, I would imagine they were offered and refused to sign, maybe see how the season just gone panned out but thats all conjecture. It does however leave Arsenal in a tricky situation though.

They have enough quality to cover losing Gibbs and Wilshire. Ramsey and Ox will probably sign new deals, the latter is a good squad option to have. It'll be nigh on impossible to replace the other two but again, nothing has happened so far in terms of them leaving and Arsenal havent made head ways in signing potential replacements so both could very well stay. Interesting sitaution for Arsenal to be in, especially considering how tough it will be for any of the current top 6 to finish inside the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Talk of Matic to Utd, as Chelsea move for Bakayoko.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/877642332891299840/photo/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Talk of Matic to Utd, as Chelsea move for Bakayoko.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/877642332891299840/photo/1

Crazy considering Jose fired him under the bus at Chelsea, no?

Can't recall, though he did get frozen out, that he would bring him to Utd for probably 30m would say a lot about just how "functional" the midfield could be designed to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Looking forward to Pep playing Dani Alves in Central Midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will Hughes set to join Watford later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

QikBax wrote: »

And I wonder will the play-acting that so endeared him to neutrals when he was at Barca, but that miraculously disappeared when he went to Juve, return?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Can't recall, though he did get frozen out, that he would bring him to Utd for probably 30m would say a lot about just how "functional" the midfield could be designed to be.

What do you mean by that?

pjohnson wrote: »

Thats for reasonable money too in todays market, about 8 or 9m isnt?

Ah he had great potential in Football Manager for years. :D

Reece Oxford of West Ham moved to Borussia M?nchengladbach on Loan.

Of what Ive seen of him so far he looks like a very promising player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was waiting for the inevitable Will-Hughes-to-Liverpool stories this Summer. Looks like weeks of that story killed now.

Frank de Boer close to signing a deal at Crystal Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Would never have thought Will Hughes is only 22 . Been around for years.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Would never have thought Will Hughes is only 22 . Been around for years.

Hes been on my FM radar since 2011 IIRC, always a great talent in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

QikBax wrote: »

You mean occasionally playing as an inverted full back, as he did so successfully under Guardiola for Barca in what is considered the best football team of their generation? Ye, I'm looking forward to that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Dembele reportedly agrees a 5 year deal with Barca. If this happens I'm cracking open the champagne and you can all join me in the La Liga thread for a party.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that?

Functional as in stolid/soild nothing to exciting unless Pogba is providing it.

Dembele reportedly agrees a 5 year deal with Barca. If this happens I'm cracking open the champagne and you can all join me in the La Liga thread for a party.

I wouldnt be cracking the Champers just yet, they have a bit more rebuilding to do. They need more than just Dembele to reclaim top spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not according to Michael Zorc.

"Ousmane Dembele has a long-term contract and he is in our plans. There are no negotiations. Ous will play for Dortmund next season"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Apart from the front 3 ter stegen and rakitic barca are a few players short even with dembele

• Advertisement

Reading the brilliant Red Cafe transfer tweet thread shows just how much utter nonsense is being peddled by supposedly respectable names - they know they are lying but when it comes to transfers no one among the general public can really know until it's shown to be the case. By which time there is an other lie to discuss and argue over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Reading the brilliant Red Cafe transfer tweet thread shows just how much utter nonsense is being peddled by supposedly respectable names - they know they are lying but when it comes to transfers no one among the general public can really know until it's shown to be the case. By which time there is an other lie to discuss and argue over!

Haven't seen the tweet but it's been this way with transfers for as long as I remember, the form of media has changed and the level of rumours has become crazy as a result of the likes of Twitter. Speculation is good for a bit of boredom and debate but there are no people outside who really know the inner workings of clubs anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Reece Oxford of West Ham moved to Borussia M?nchengladbach on Loan.

Of what Ive seen of him so far he looks like a very promising player.

West Ham trying to do a Christensen so

Oxford to BMG obviously looks like too ambitious of a loan but so did Christensen at the start, mind that was also a 2 year deal at the start so more security for them when playing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah officially a Liverpool player.

9chyDG6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

9chyDG6.jpg
    There's no leaning.

IT'S NOT OFFICIAL UNTIL THERE'S LEANING, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mane and Salah with perfect chemistry in next years Fifa.

Awesome :(

Salah fee confirmed by Roma as €42 + €8 million (£37+7).

http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2017/6/roma-and-liverpool-agree-salah-transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rwbug wrote: »

I think the €42 is including the add ons? The Guardian has the fee at £36.9m.

Edit: Thought I read Carroll was still our most expensive player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I know that puts him above Carroll when the extras are paid, but is the base £37m more than Carroll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

emmetkenny wrote: »

"Salah will join the Premier League side for an initial fee of €42 million. The move will be formally completed when the transfer window opens in England on July 1.

The deal for the 25-year-old also includes various additional clauses, worth up to a total of €8m, based on the player and Liverpool achieving certain performance-related targets"

emmetkenny wrote: »

I don't know the Carrol fee, but Roma have announced the Salah fee as €42+8. I doubt that is something they can lie about as they have shareholders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wanted him to go to Liverpool 3 years ago but he chose Chelsea and it was a terrible decision. Happy he has ended up there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Serious pace in this lfc side now. Not many full backs will enjoy coming up against mane and salah

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ricero wrote: »
    Serious pace in this lfc side now. Not many full backs will enjoy coming up against mane and salah

Could be seriously neutered when the next Cup of Nations rolls around though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GLaDOS wrote: »

True and if naby keita is signed thats potentially 3 starters going to the cup of nations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Might be a bit of a problem alright but not season thankfully.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ricero wrote: »
    True and if naby keita is signed thats potentially 3 starters going to the cup of nations

Not to mention the Joel Matip fiasco :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why? That's not until 2019 and I'm sure Liverpool will have strengthened again by that time.

There's also the fact that Egypt have only qualified once in the last four a tournaments, so may happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

As a somewhat disillusioned united fan I'm looking forward to watching Liverpool play next season. The pace in their attack will be something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Big money for someone who has a failed attempt at the English league already. Klopp is a Fifa fan, pace pace pace lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement