Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Liamalone wrote: »
    Big money for someone who has a failed attempt at the English league already. Klopp is a Fifa fan, pace pace pace lol

I suppose by your logic kdb also failed in the english league. Second try is always works a charm i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mourinho used to know a wide attacker when he saw one but since he came back to England has been a bit clueless - Salah, Cuadrado, Moses, Pedro etc, or maybe he just isn't that interested in that aspect of the game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Big money for someone who has a failed attempt at the English league already. Klopp is a Fifa fan, pace pace pace lol
    Have you seen Salah since he went to Italy? He's been a beast.

He didn't get much of a chance at Chelsea and he was only 21/22 and recently arrived from the Swiss League. Since then he's had time to develop and, as such, has had two and a half impressive years in Serie A. I don't think we're talking about the same player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Diego Costa can't go to China because he likely get a 2-6-month suspension without pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Functional as in stolid/soild nothing to exciting unless Pogba is providing it.

Which midfield in PL is exciting? Almost all teams play with defensive minded players than attack minded players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

764dak wrote:
    Diego Costa can't go to China because he likely get a 2-6-month suspension without pay.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Why?

He has an outstanding bill from "wok rite in" going back a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Jesus christ please don't spout such nonsense for god sake.
    All this talk about failed player etc

Tell that to
    KDB
    Lukaku
    Bertrand , et al

He wasn't given a chance when he joined chelsea in 2013 and he was still only 21. He also competing against the following for an attacking place in the starting line up

2013-14

Ramires
    Oscar
    Hazard
    Schurrle
    Willian
    Torres
    Ba
    Eto

2014-2015

Fabregas
    Ramires
    Oscar
    Hazard
    Willian
    Cuadrado
    Drogba
    Remy
    Costa

Is it any wonder he didn't get much game time and "failed" as you so eloquently put it :rolleyes:

• Liamalone wrote: »

I think you are ignoring how well he has done for Roma tbf
    Pains me to say it but it's a decent signing for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mourinho used to know a wide attacker when he saw one but since he came back to England has been a bit clueless - Salah, Cuadrado, Moses, Pedro etc, or maybe he just isn't that interested in that aspect of the game now.

Moses was signed before Jose came back but ya, apart from Hazard and arguably Willian, none of them looked like doing anything of note I think that was down to what was expected of them in the system that was being used.

Salah was frusatrating as hell for Chelsea, he couldnt hit a barn door with us and his end product was pretty dire but he wasnt given a fair crack of the whip either so its impossible to call him a flop, IMO. I'm looking forward to see what he can do now hes had a good run in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Salah was the type of player for Chelsea, who was unreal on the counter, but when the team had the ball and had to play possession football he may as well not have been on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Salah was the type of player for Chelsea, who was unreal on the counter, but when the team had the ball and had to play possession football he may as well not have been on the pitch.

He'd have flourished in the current 3-4-3 with Azp and Moses behind him, alas, Liverpool have got a good player and the leageu will be better for it.
    I just hope he doesnt turn up at ther Bridge in the last game of the season and cost us the title. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You do realise pace and speed is klopps game plan be needs players who can run for 90 minutes to stretch and cause problems. So two proper speed merchant wingers are needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lukker- wrote: »

That's interesting. If that's correct then how he'd fit into the possession based game Klopp plays will be interesting to watch. I'm completely clueless about him so I'll reserve judgement until I actually see him playing in that system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Jayop wrote: »
    That's interesting. If that's correct then how he'd fit into the possession based game Klopp plays will be interesting to watch. I'm completely clueless about him so I'll reserve judgement until I actually see him playing in that system.

His role will be the the same as manes role the team chase and hound down a player to make a mistake amd then bang they hit you hard with pace

His role will be the the same as manes role the team chase and hound down a player to make a mistake amd then bang they hit you hard with pace

Is he someone who will put in those hard yards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jayop wrote: »
    Is he someone who will put in those hard yards?

He did plenty of work for Basil in those historic Champs Lge wins. He seems like a work horse but probably not the best on the ball from what Ive seen.

But that was years ago, havent seen much of him in Italy.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He did plenty of work for Basil in those historic Champs Lge wins. He seems like a work horse but probably not the best on the ball from what Ive seen.

But that was years ago, havent seen much of him in Italy.

Its hard working for Basil
    X450c3j.gif

• Advertisement

Ffs lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Damn you autocorrect!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Emil Forsberg has apparently decided to leave RB Leipzig as he "wants to make the next step in his career." His agent is saying the club don't want to sell and are "are destroying Emil's dreams."

Forsberg signed a five year contract renewal with the club in February....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Emil Forsberg has apparently decided to leave RB Leipzig as he "wants to make the next step in his career." His agent is saying the club don't want to sell and are "are destroying Emil's dreams."

Ah the old Hakan Calhanoglu approach. Sign a new contract in February with a nice signing bonus for you and your agent. Maybe get a small percentage of any future fee thrown into the new deal and then demand out come June.

Lets see if he goes full Hakan and pretends to have depression when pre-season begins.

Leipzig are likely, no matter what Rangnick says, to lose one of Keita and Forsberg this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Oat23 wrote: »
    Ah the old Hakan Calhanoglu approach. Sign a new contract in February with a nice signing bonus for you and your agent. Maybe get a small percentage of any future fee thrown into the new deal and then demand out come June.

Lets see if he goes full Hakan and pretends to have depression when pre-season begins.

He just needs to take a lump sum off a Turkish club to move there and stay exactly where he is and he'll have relived his entire career so far. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Exciting move by Liverpool. Not sure how they will line up tactically maybe Coutinho in a deeper role or maybe Mane as the main striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

irishman86 wrote: »
    Exciting move by Liverpool. Not sure how they will line up tactically maybe Coutinho in a deeper role or maybe Mane as the main striker

Probably Cout playing deeper like the last few games last season, with Mane left, Salah right and fun bobby through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:

How pathetic. After Lewandowski bemoaning a lack of support despite playing for the best German team by an absolute mile, Ronaldo wanting support after he was allegedly caught tax dodging, Dani Alves acting quite frankly like an ungrateful dickhead to get out of Juve to join Pep it's not been a proud summer for the image of quite a few footballers & their agents who act like their clients are curing cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Lord TSC wrote: »

Hopefully they decide to just leave him on the bench for the remainder of his 5 year contract.

Pathetic behavior from him. If you get the security of a 5 year contract you have to accept the negative aspect of not having complete freedom of movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully they decide to just leave him on the bench for the remainder of his 5 year contract.

Pathetic behavior from him. If you get the security of a 5 year contract you have to accept the negative aspect of not having complete freedom of movement.
    It has obviously become clear to the man that he can earn a lot more money somewhere else.

If you had a job earning 50k a year and you had just signed a new contract and somebody came along and told you they will pay you 125k a year to do the same job then I'd imagine you would put up quite a stink to get out of your shiny new 50k job?

eagle eye wrote: »
    It has obviously become clear to the man that he can earn a lot more money somewhere else.

If you had a job earning 50k a year and you had just signed a new contract and somebody came along and told you they will pay you 125k a year to do the same job then I'd imagine you would put up quite a stink to get out of your shiny new 50k job?

Well then he shouldn't have signed his contract or signed a short term one and take the risk.He decided to forgo any risk by signing such a long term contract.

Well then he shouldn't have signed his contract or signed a short term one and take the risk.He decided to forgo any risk by signing such a long term contract.
    I asked you a question, are you going to answer it? What would you do in the circumstances I gave you?

And when you answer that then you can tell me how much you know about his current club situation. Has anything changed since he agreed to a new contract? Did he fall out with anybody, did something change that made the future of the club not look as good as when he signed the contract? Do you really know anything at all about his current situation outside of the fact that he has about four and half years left on his contract?

I asked you a question, are you going to answer it? What would you do in the circumstances I gave you?

And when you answer that then you can tell me how much you know about his current club situation. Has anything changed since he agreed to a new contract? Did he fall out with anybody, did something change that made the future of the club not look as good as when he signed the contract? Do you really know anything at all about his current situation outside of the fact that he has about four and half years left on his contract?

I wouldn't sign a long term contract in the first place if I had any intention whatsoever in moving on in the near future.You sign a long term contract in any job it means you're accepting you're settling down in that job and aren't considering moving.Looks like he just wants his move an that all there is to it and he's throwing his toys out of the pram.

I wouldn't sign a long term contract in the first place if I had any intention whatsoever in moving on in the near future.You sign a long term contract in any job it means you're accepting you're settling down in that job and aren't considering moving.Looks like he just wants his move an that all there is to it and he's throwing his toys out of the pram.
    So basically you are just surmising about his situation. You have no clue about anything and are just taking your view on things and then making it out like it's fact.

So basically you are just surmising about his situation. You have no clue about anything and are just taking your view on things and then making it out like it's fact.

I know he signed a new contract earlier this year and now he wants to leave despite agreeing to a long term contract.You sign a long term contract you are agreeing to stay with the team until the contract is up unless they decide to let you go.It's a fairly easy situation to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Contracts in football for the most aren't worth the paper they are written on and haven't been for years.

All they really do is influence the selling price of a player when he decides to move on.

adox wrote: »
    Contracts in football for the most aren't worth the paper they are written on and haven't been for years.

All they really do is influence the selling price of a player when he decides to move on.

Thats right but no point in any player complaining about not getting his dream move if he signed a contract to stay with his current club.Clubs always have the option to dig their heels in and not sell a player if they want to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Ok.... so back to the transfers

Huddersfield starting to spend big.. first with Mooy and now this chap.. don't know much about him

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/10925603/huddersfield-town-land-porto-striker-laurent-depoitre-for-club-record-fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

764dak wrote:

Why?
    Qin Sheng got a 6-month ban for this:

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    How pathetic. After Lewandowski bemoaning a lack of support despite playing for the best German team by an absolute mile, Ronaldo wanting support after he was allegedly caught tax dodging, Dani Alves acting quite frankly like an ungrateful dickhead to get out of Juve to join Pep it's not been a proud summer for the image of quite a few footballers & their agents who act like their clients are curing cancer.

I bet I can guess who you support :pac:

From Paddy Power

"In the past 24 hours 'Yaya Banana' has signed for Panionios and 'Nelson Mandela' has signed for Eintracht Frankfurt. Shut the transfer window down, it's peaked."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zenit being linked with a 70m move for Manolas & Paredes from Roma.
    Jovetic & Banega bring linked with Sevilla. The latter was a massive flop at Inter.

irishman86 wrote:
    I bet I can guess who you support

Neither Real or Barca if that's what your suggesting.
    pjohnson wrote:
    Nelson Mandela has signed for Eintracht Frankfurt.

Looking forward to a potential 'free Nelson Mandela' headline in the future.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Zenit being linked with a 70m move for Manolas & Paredes from Roma.
    Jovetic & Banega bring linked with Sevilla. The latter was a massive flop at Inter.

Neither Real or Barca if that's what your suggesting.

Looking forward to a potential 'free Nelson Mandela' headline in the future.

Jovetic was on loan at Sevilla and did well there and Banega signed from there so makes sense

The part in bold, well Id put money on Liverpool due to the irrelevant inclusion of Ronaldo in the post and I havent seen you in La Liga thread often if at all so not Barca :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Valere Germain joins Marseille from Monaco.
    Mbappe staying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Valere Germain joins Marseille from Monaco.
    Mbappe staying?

Reports today saying Monaco are offering him a new contract worth €162,000 a week, same as Falcao is on. He's currently on €18,000 a week and has two years left to run on that.

In other news, Balotelli has decided to remain at Nice for another year. I think that's a good call on his part. He did well last season and looked to be enjoying his football for the first time in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's tough life for some deciding to stay or leave clubs in the French Riviera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Weird tweet, no one has Liverpool down to sign him at any point soon and if he is not for sale why name a price? Someone should tell Ralf Rangnick! Still now Liverpool have something to aim at ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Weird tweet, no one has Liverpool down to sign him at any point soon and if he is not for sale why name a price? Someone should tell Ralf Rangnick! Still now Liverpool have something to aim at ;)

Here's the article: I'm not translating it for you though :D

http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/rb-leipzig/80-mio-fuer-keita-52312422.bildMobile.html

Advertisement