Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You know what, he can just feck off to Chine with that sort of mentality. He and Oscar, and all the other loser multimillionaires

Oxymoron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

People will say of course it's impossible to turn that down etc and that's fair enough. But I think as football fans it's acceptable to have an opinion on a footballer for his footballing decisions. If it's true it's sad he'll be taking himself completely off the footballing radar by playing over there. He'd still be very rich signing for one of the big European clubs, just not mega rich, which seems makes the difference for some.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

You know what, he can just feck off to Chine with that sort of mentality. He and Oscar, and all the other loser multimillionaires

Fair play to him, there is nothing wrong with football expanding into different territories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

600K a week. Very hard to turn down in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Don't have a tantrum just because someone doesn't want to sign for your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm going to give you some credit and say that the bolded part above was intended to be funny.

Can't really blame Aubamayeng in a lot of ways.

Sure he's talken the extremely easy option but I would say the one negative about beng a wealthy top level sportsman is having to deal with failure.By going to China he's decided he really doesn't care anymore about winning or losing and therefore the pressure of having to compete and win is gone from his life, the fear of failure is gone and he can just relax and enjoy all that lovely money and enjoy knowing he and his family are completely set for life.He still gets to play in front of big crowds that will worship him while not having to deal with the pressure that comes with playing at the top of the game in europe.He's already proven himself at the top level in europe so he doesn't have anything left to prove compsared to the vast majority of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I ld say it is a bit the same with the 15/16 year olds that leave Dutch clubs to join English teams.
    It is a certain kind that does this because they have a bigger picture to look at
    9 out of 10 are migrant kids with parents on low income or SW. Choice between a couple of couple of 100 thousand a year in England or 40.000 (or whatever) in Holland is an easy one.
    They ruin their career most of the time before it starts but that is a thing for later. The money is in so who cares about a career?

Aubameyang more than likely doesnt have just a wife and kids to look after but a entire region in Gabon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Incredible amount of money for Tianjin Quanjian to be spending... don't they have to give the same fee to the Chinese grassroots program? 160 million euros, plus at least 30 million on wages - and thats if Auba only stays one year. Very likely end up spending 90-120 million on wages in total. close to 300 million for one player.

Crazy stuff. I wonder how much difference a player like that makes anyway... their defenses are garbage, their keepers are woeful. And with the limit on foreign players, most of the players on your own team are going to be fairly poor, making it even harder for someone like Auba's runs to be found. Under the circumstances do you really need one of the best strikers in the world? Would the likes of Jay Rodriguez (for instance) clean up there almost as effectively under the circumstances?

Disappointing that he's gone from our pitches/screens, but can't blame someone taking that sort of insane offer. I believe he does quite a bit of charity work in his off time too... who knows what sort of good you could do with just a fraction of those wages. (if you chose to of course)

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Incredible amount of money for Tianjin Quanjian to be spending... don't they have to give the same fee to the Chinese grassroots program? 160 million euros, plus at least 30 million on wages - and thats if Auba only stays one year. Very likely end up spending 90-120 million on wages in total. close to 300 million for one player.

Crazy stuff. I wonder how much difference a player like that makes anyway... their defenses are garbage, their keepers are woeful. Under the circumstances do you really need one of the best strikers in the world? Would the likes of Jay Rodriguez (for instance) clean up there almost as effectively under the circumstances?

Disappointing that he's gone from our pitches/screens, but can't blame someone taking that sort of insane offer. I believe he does quite a bit of charity work in his off time too... who knows what sort of good you could do with just a fraction of those wages. (if you chose to of course)

The Chinese Super League is broadcast on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The Chinese Super League is broadcast on Sky.

Ah fair enough. (Alas still not available for myself over here... not that i'd be all that interested in watching anyway to be honest)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

By going to China he's decided he really doesn't care anymore about winning or losing

It's a pity he's at the age where it was his last chance of a big move & it's China. He's won feck all though that's the worst part. A few domestic cups & an African player of the year iirc.
    But getting over 30 million a year is hard for anyone to turn down. He wouldn't get near that in Europe even at PSG or City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/880073063206969344

Arsenal to bid £85 million for Lemar and Lacazette,also to approach Leicester about Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

zerks wrote: »

Arsenal to bid £85 million for Lemar and Lacazette,also to approach Leicester about Mahrez.

be surprised if they sign any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say Mahrez will leave Leicester at some stage but I'd imagine Leicester will look for about 50m for him and I dont think hes worth that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think they might get Mahrez if Sanchez leaves. Lacazette is holding out for a January move to Atletico imo. Dunno about Lemar, depends on who else leaves Monaco.

Van Djik is apparently off the table for being sold. New manager Pellegrino has insisted that himself and Cedric Soares are kept.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10929681/southampton-to-keep-virgil-van-dijk-and-cedric-soares-after-agreement-with-mauricio-pellegrino

Dijk

If you are confused, use the alphabet to get it right. The alphabet has the i j in the right order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Matias Nice Toenail

Breaking news Wenger to offer €84m+€1 .... and. Claim we almost signed them

inforfun wrote: »
    Dijk

If you are confused, use the alphabet to get it right. The alphabet has the i j in the right order.

That's what I siad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't be a Djik about Dijk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

inforfun wrote: »
    Dijk

That response was a bit over the top for a spelling mistake. :confused:

The Dutch are notoriously straight speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

martyos121 wrote: »

Or a helpful tip for the future...tones aren't easy on the Internet tbf

Ryan Sessegnon is to renew with Fulham which is quite heartening (according to the Mirror)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ryan Sessegnon is to renew with Fulham which is quite heartening (according to the Mirror)

Him and his twin brother both signed new contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Camarasa is supposed to join betis at 20.10 spanish time, a good midfielder who had a good season at alaves. He and barragan joining yesterday is for me a very good start, now if they can keep ceballos and sign pasalic, canales and a center back, i will be delighted.

martyos121 wrote: »

Not my intention at all. It is just that i have seen the same mistake a few times and since it is a combination of letters, the English speakers arent used to... i tried to make it easier to remember.
    Or a helpful tip for the future...tones aren't easy on the Internet tbf

That is it.

Wouldnt like seeing any fan of his future club walking around with DJIK on his shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Roma signing Gonalons for around 5m euros. A lot less than I expected.
    Calhanoglu being linked with Milan too who are balancing out their good signings by buying Fabio Borini who is like one of those terrible, total dud late August signings that Galliani would make the last 10 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ERG89 wrote: »
    Calhanoglu being linked with Milan too who are balancing out their good signings by buying Fabio Borini who is like one of those terrible, total dud late August signings that Galliani would make the last 10 years.

Dont mind Borini at all, hes a decent sub

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

ERG89 wrote: »

They have also signed Karsdorp for 14 million from Feyenoord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    I reinstalled chrome on my phone the other day and it went back to its default setting of translating non-English articles without asking. I was confused for a second.

8_r3drfaQoiQJTRlMd4JvA.png

Update: Gladbach's cock is in Hamburg for a medical. Contract until 2021.

Ake to Bournemouth for 20m being reported by the Guardian.

A real shame as I think hes good enough to sttat now for us. Only positive is a buy back clause is in place, apparently.

If it does happen Im assuming we'll sign a CB, as Zouma is meant to be off as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »

A real shame as I think hes good enough to sttat now for us. Only positive is a buy back clause is in place, apparently.

If it does happen Im assuming we'll sign a CB, as Zouma is meant to be off as well.
    Won't Alonso play a lot of games at CB if ye get a new wing back?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Won't Alonso play a lot of games at CB if ye get a new wing back?

Hopefully not, he'd make Cahill look quick. :o

Id prefer if Ake or Christensen was kept instead of a new CB signed but I suppose it depends on who the CB is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

"Manchester United to lose out on Fabinho to PSG but Jose Mourinho has another two targets"

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/880143519184293888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hopefully not, he'd make Cahill look quick. :o

Id prefer if Ake or Christensen was kept instead of a new CB signed but I suppose it depends on who the CB is.

Is Christensen joining your 1st Team?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Christensen joining your 1st Team?

Ya i said it before but I felt one of ake zouma or christensen would be sold, one loaned and the other kept.

Akes being sold, Zoumas meant to have a loan to Nice so id say Christensen will be kept.

But this is Chelsea, could end up on loan again, ya never know. It depends on what busiess we do this summer.

We have Cahill, Luiz, Azp, Ake (for now) Zouma, Christensen as 1st team CB options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Supposedly Monaco won't allow both Bakayoko and Lamar to leave in the same window and with Chelsea having Bakayoko all but wrapped up, they feck up Arsenals transfer dealings :D I'd say that's another plus for Chelsea fans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I thought he'd be class along with the lotus cheek fella. These kids need more playing time at the parent clubs and less loan spells for me.

Jayop wrote: »
    I thought he'd be class along with the lotus cheek fella. These kids need more playing time at the parent clubs and less loan spells for me.

Theyre both good and have huge potential but theyre not better than what we have unfortunately Ake is probably not far off Cahills level (our weakest CB) and his ceiling is vertainly far higher than Cahills.

I do agree though, they need games if theurr going to push on. In Chalobah, Baker and RLC we have 3 gifted CMs but for whatever reason Conte has played RLC up front or on the wing, doesnt see him as a CM and his work rate was criticised by Jose too.

a99e7dddc7888550b2b630d63a3b7689.png

One of the nicest guys ever to put on a Feyenoord shirt.
    Decent GK but not one that wins you those extra 4 or 5 points a season and that is why Feyenoord let him go a couple of years back.
    Now Swansea picks him up on a free from Heerenveen.
    Will not play much in the PL

And:

fd3a38535b40119aa8b8079266444c9e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Cristian Tello has gone to Betis, thats adds to camarasa, sergio leon and barragan. Top 10 hopefully next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

good signing for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Good summer for Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Trippier signs a 5yr deal to stay at Spurs. Will he be first choice now?

Huddersfield Town going big with 12m on Aaron Mooy who was on loan for them from Man City.

David Wagner also pens new deal.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Trippier signs a 5yr deal to stay at Spurs. Will he be first choice now?

City are meant to be in for Walker so I'd say if they sold Walker for 30/40m and got Trippier on a new deal, Spurs would be laughing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement