Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jim mcguinness leaves celtic to be no 2 to roger schmidt at beijing guoan

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0630/886710-mcguinness-to-take-up-coaching-post-in-china/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

retalivity wrote: »
    Jim mcguinness leaves celtic to be no 2 to roger schmidt at beijing guoan

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0630/886710-mcguinness-to-take-up-coaching-post-in-china/

Wow. Hell hardly be coming back for the TV work in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/880738964889620480

Liverpool retain an interest in Hull City left back Andrew Robertson should they sell Alberto Moreno.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/880734409971965952

Tom Ince to join Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/880738964889620480

Liverpool retain an interest in Hull City left back Andrew Robertson should they sell Alberto Moreno.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/880734409971965952

Tom Ince to join Huddersfield.

Why would Liverpool need to sell before they buy? That one makes no sense, money should not be an issue. Not as if they are laiden(SP?) with left backs either so having both and allowing Milner to back in midfield would make them stronger imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's obviously rubbish, anyway Moreno will easily find a home - just a case of matching what Liverpool want, about 12m I think.

Ruben Neves could be off for 40m euro, no club mentioned by name.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/880750288365387776
    Arsenal end interest in Kylian Mbappe but target two Ligue 1 stars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm guessing in the same vein I've ended my interest in Emma Watson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Lord TSC wrote: »

I never heard it called that

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ake to Bournemouth for 20m being reported by the Guardian.

A real shame as I think hes good enough to sttat now for us. Only positive is a buy back clause is in place, apparently.

If it does happen Im assuming we'll sign a CB, as Zouma is meant to be off as well.
    Buy him back for €5 million in a while sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lord TSC wrote: »

Each to their own. :o
    Buy him back for €5 million in a while sure.

5 million? Bargain, he'll be back in January.

The buy back is meant to be 30-35m though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Deulofeu joins Barca. How long till they farm him back out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

pjohnson wrote: »
    Deulofeu joins Barca. How long till they farm him back out again?

Monday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin O'Connor joins PNE from Cork City on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Roma have resigned Lorenzo Pellegrini from Sassuolo for 10m euros. Might help to do more deals like that as they have been linked with selling everything of use in the squad.
    Kevin O'Connor joins PNE from Cork City on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

How has Horgan got on there??

ERG89 wrote: »

How has Horgan got on there??

He's done ok got plenty of game time and Kevin Kilbane was saying good things about him on OTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

He's done ok got plenty of game time and Kevin Kilbane was saying good things about him on OTB.

Be interesting to see who they get as next manager, maybe a LOI manager seen as they are looking at teams here so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fabrizio Romano ✔ @FabrizioRomano
    Official bid from Chelsea to AS Roma for Antonio Rüdiger: €33M + €5M add ons. Talks ongoing. ������ #transfers #CFC
    6:15 PM - 30 Jun 2017

so does that mean they are not interested in VVD?

Fabrizio Romano ✔ @FabrizioRomano
    Official bid from Chelsea to AS Roma for Antonio Rüdiger: €33M + €5M add ons. Talks ongoing. ������ #transfers #CFC
    6:15 PM - 30 Jun 2017

so does that mean they are not interested in VVD?

They were, but So'ton aren't selling. Pellegrini insisted himself and Soares be kept.

I dont think any club are willing to pay the £70m they want.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Too many teams have been "close to signing" a player for this to carry weight.

Too many teams have been "close to signing" a player for this to carry weight.

So the BBC don't carry weight anymore. The BBC don't report until the have proper clarification

astradave wrote: »
    So the BBC don't carry weight anymore. The BBC don't report until the have proper clarification

We'll see, generally I just go by what official club media says. Thats the only reliable source this season.

Speaking of which.

Huddersfield have signed Lössl on loan from Mainz. The club themselves broke the news before BBC or Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lukker- wrote: »
    They were, but So'ton aren't selling. Pellegrini insisted himself and Soares be kept.

I dont think any club are willing to pay the £70m they want.

Still think we will see van dijk end up at lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ornstein never tweets unless its more or less a done deal

We'll see, generally I just go by what official club media says. Thats the only reliable source this season.

Speaking of which.

Huddersfield have signed Lössl on loan from Mainz. The club themselves broke the news before BBC or Sky.

Tbh the thread, and superthreads for that matter, would be very boring this time of year if people only posted some deals confirmed on club media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Weird signing. Wasn't good last season and cost them a few goals. They signed Adler because of it.

ricero wrote: »
    Still think we will see van dijk end up at lfc

Maybe next season. Liverpool don't seem willing to meet the asking for Keita, I definitely don't see FSG coughing up for Van Dijk.

Di Marzio saying Rudiger to Chelsea is a done deal £33m +£5m in add ons. Completed quickly because they need to comply with FFP.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Maybe next season. Liverpool don't seem willing to meet the asking for Keita, I definitely don't see FSG coughing up for Van Dijk.

The haggling over Keita has not begun, but it will by the look of it.

The haggling over Keita has not begun, but it will by the look of it.

I dunno if there will be much haggling. They seem pretty adamant about getting the asking. English teams have found it tough to get deals done this summer, the new money is as much a curse as a blessing imo.

• Advertisement

Ruben Neves to er Wolverhampton Wanderers is being reported - the Mendes effect presumably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ruben Neves to er Wolverhampton Wanderers is being reported - the Mendes effect presumably

Can't help but feel that whole arrangement is going to end in floods of tears.

Looks a great signing on paper, but it may be a different story when he starts getting kicked up and down the pitch at the likes of Ipswich and Burton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

What a random move, hes far above them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Source ?

Sorry... out early today didn't see reports

Kiko Femenia a RB joins Watford.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saul Niguez has signed a contract extension with Atletico until 2026. A 9 year contract! Some statement of intent from both parties. Obviously happy to stay there long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Release clause is "only" €100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Release clause is "only" €100m.

That'll end up being a steal in a couple of years time, honestly.

VVD's replacement?
    Defender Jan Bednarek becomes #SaintsFC's first signing of the summer, on a five-year deal! #SaintBednarek

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/881106106076078080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He is a 21 year old prospect at this time so I doubt that makes any difference to whether or not VVD stays at the club.

• Advertisement

Dont think its his replacement but i reckon van dijk will kick up a stink and get his move to lfc

Jay Rodriquez now plays for West Brom - a very un Pulis type player. 12m quid

Oxlade Chamberlain ready to see out current contract (or leave presumably)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Jay Rodriguez from Southampton to wba for 12m

Bit of a silly signing for West Brom. Even if he's fit he's not as effective as rondon imo

But he's never fit. Averages 15 games a season and 6 goals over the last 5 or 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jay Rodriguez from Southampton to wba for 12m

Bit of a silly signing for West Brom. Even if he's fit he's not as effective as rondon imo

But he's never fit. Averages 15 games a season and 6 goals over the last 5 or 6 years.
    Is Rondon leaving? Rodriguez is more an attacking mid/wide forward so I don't see them competing for a starting role.

It seems like a lot of money for somebody with his injury history but when you look around at the prices being spent it's really not that much in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

https://twitter.com/jimwhite/status/881586924368080896

Nice business, 5.25m release clause activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Unbelievable value there

Paul joyce of the times is saying tonight that lfc are to bid for naby keita this week. Player wants to move by some accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:
    Paul joyce of the times is saying tonight that lfc are to bid for naby keita this week.

Before it's even made it'll likely be turned down & we'll probably end up with Chamberlain as a centre midfielder which will be depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Unbelievable value there

A worn tyre would be good value at that price in comparison the the £4.5 million that Sunderland are reportedly paying for Aidan McGeady

Advertisement