Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hmm Lukaku must be on his way back (it's a very Chelsea thing!) so who are Everton after?
    This is the sort of domino effect that could see Mbappe at Liverpool yet! :p

Giroud apparently. Decent signing for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Giroud apparently. Decent signing for us.

He would indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mounie to Huddersfield is interesting. I was impressed with what I saw from him but I felt he was quite raw. I would have liked to see him stay another season in Ligue 1. He might be worth a look for fantasy football purposes because he has all the right attributes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lukaku to Utd is done. £75 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40457236

75m for Lukaku? :eek: The market is mad. So Morata is off the agenda then surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Figured he'd be off to Chelsea, wondering who they have lined up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

75m for Lukaku? :eek: The market is mad. So Morata is off the agenda then surely?

I'm thinking that's somewhat reasonable in this market.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Judging by previous transfer fees, 75m is not mad at all. He's a accomplished and proven PL scorer and is still very young. Fantastic signing for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kiith wrote: »
    Lukaku to Utd is done. £75 million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40457236

I thought they had moved on to Morata after lots of talk of Lukaku at the end of the season.

Maybe they couldn't get a deal done with Morata and just moved on?

How is he with crosses? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

"Fee agreed" is not the same as "done".

Imagine Chelsea will switch to Morata now.

I think that was the figure bandied about in the United thread during the season. Kane at £100 was another. Can't see it going wrong for either party to be honest but I thought he'd go back to Chelsea this summer.

What was Lukaku bought for by Everton? Nice profit there I'd say.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think that was the figure bandied about in the United thread during the season. Kane at £100 was another. Can't see it going wrong for either party to be honest but I thought he'd go back to Chelsea this summer.

What was Lukaku bought for by Everton? Nice profit there I'd say.

£28 million.

I'd rather have Lacazette than Lukaku tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fee sounds about right. Be up at above 100m for Kane imo and as much as I'd prefer that signing Lukaku isn't that far off him. Homegrown as well as far as I know right? United need more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If that goes through, with Lindelof already done, it'd take the summer spending for Mourinho's side above 100 million with Matic also possibly in the works too. Could be quite a big summer.

Hmm deal not done. Someone shot their load too soon.

Assuming this does go through with Costa aggitating to leave where does that leave Conte who is already a bit pissed off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hmm deal not done. Someone shot their load too soon.

Fee agreed and announced means the deal is done really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will Rooney's wages being subsidised by utd be part of the deal if he goes the other way now I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Moratta choose Chelsea apparently

• Advertisement

• Will Rooney's wages being subsidised by utd be part of the deal if he goes the other way now I wonder.

Rumored he could still earn 250K a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Everton would be crazy to pay anywhere near that kind of money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say thats easily double what their highest earner is on. :o

Handy gig if you can get it.

Will Rooney's wages being subsidised by utd be part of the deal if he goes the other way now I wonder.

I'd hope not considering it will only be 20m or so Everton would have to pay for one of the most recognised names in sport for 2 seasons. I reckon he would get a good image rights deal with them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

"Fee agreed" is not the same as "done".

Imagine Chelsea will switch to Morata now.

I'd say the same.

Conte is supposed to be a big fan of his.
    Signed him for Juventus.

On the face of it Utd have just spent 75m to replace Ibra. So if Rooney is gone (not that he is a loss really in goals) that leaves a front three of Lukaku/Rashford/Martial with Mata, Mikky and Pogba as the others most likely to score. That's clearly not nearly enough so maybe Morata is still going to be sought.

I saw in the United thread someone mentioned £50m and Rooney the other way. Surely Everton is not giving you guys £25m for him.

If he is he needs his head examined :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

75 million plus add ons, good deal for Everton

C'mon Chelsea to f€ck and start a bidding war!!

• Everton would be crazy to pay anywhere near that kind of money for him.

2 year contract is what has been doing the rounds. You have to consider his marketing power regardless.
    It could be beneficial for Everton in the long run and Rooney is still a very good player. Just not good enough for Utds first 11

• Advertisement

On the face of it Utd have just spent 75m to replace Ibra. So if Rooney is gone (not that he is a loss really in goals) that leaves a front three of Lukaku/Rashford/Martial with Mata, Mikky and Pogba as the others most likely to score. That's clearly not nearly enough so maybe Morata is still going to be sought.

You're really desperate to put a dampener on this one. Don't think anyone's paying much attention.

Liam O wrote: »
    You're really desperate to put a dampener on this one. Don't think anyone's paying much attention.

I think he's saying you could still be buying another striker/goalscorer. I don't see how that's a damener?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Liam O wrote: »

Cool your jets Liam lad
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think he's saying you could still be buying another striker/goalscorer. I don't see how that's a damener?

Exactly! :)

Its certainly kicking off the transfer season now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Jim Whyte has contacts on the Everton board, it doesn't seem as cut and dried as has been reported:

https://twitter.com/gregok/status/882899556819709952

https://twitter.com/jimwhite/status/882899245128454144[url][/url]

• Advertisement

• emmetkenny wrote: »

There's is no way Morata is going to Utd now
    He's already spent his time on the bench at Madrid
    With Lukaku now Utd have more than enough striking options - Or maybe not!!
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dani Ceballos looks like he might be off to Real Madrid for €15m. That's an unbelievable deal for Madrid considering the crazy money being thrown around this summer. Shame for Betis that they couldn't get his buyout clause raised last season, €15m is daylight robbery for a player of his potential, he was sensational in the U21 Euros.

There's is no way Morata is going to Utd now
    He's already spent his time on the bench at Madrid
    With Lukaku now Utd have more than enough striking options - Or maybe not!!
    :P

You will have loads of games next season. Easy for both to get 30+ games for you though.

You will have loads of games next season. Easy for both to get 30+ games for you though.

That's fine but won't change the the highly likely situation that if Utd get Lukaku Morata won't be signed as secondary striker. That's why he wants away from Madrid in the first place. When go to Utd to do the same

Rashford
    Martial
    Lukaka

Jose plays with a single stiker

That's fine but won't change the the highly likely situation that if Utd get Lukaku Morata won't be signed as secondary striker. That's why he wants away from Madrid in the first place. When go to Utd to do the same

Rashford
    Martial
    Lukaka

Jose plays with a single stiker

Or Jose might surprise everyone and go with two up top!!

I just think you might be light if Lukaku gets injured and Martial has another poor season. Only thing then is Rashford will get to play though the centre and he'll improve more.

• Advertisement

Or Jose might surprise everyone and go with two up top!!

I just think you might be light if Lukaku gets injured and Martial has another poor season. Only thing then is Rashford will get to play though the centre and he'll improve more.

That's unfair to Rashford.
    He was forced out wide for the majority of the season.
    As soon as Ibra got injured he got his chance and done really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He did alright, just goals after goals propelling Utd to the top................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Roque Mess to Swansea is official now.

Great signing from them.

• hots wrote: »
    He did alright, just goals after goals propelling Utd to the top................

We did win the Europa you know ;)

Dani Ceballos to Real Madrid for about 15m euro is meant to be a done deal.

Bit of a bargain there and theyre building a seriously strong side again.

I said Martial had a poor season. Plenty of United fans seemed to mention it in your own tread.

Rashford had a good second season last year, especially in the last 2-3 months.

I said Martial had a poor season. Plenty of United fans seemed to mention it in your own tread.

Rashford had a good second season last year, especially in the last 2-3 months.

Oops swore I read Rashford
    Apologies

I agree on Martial but showed some promise when he did play up front (there was only 3 occasions if I can remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GavRedKing wrote:
    Bit of a bargain there and theyre building a seriously strong side again.

Again?? They had an unreal second string side all season.
    They probably have more quality centre midfielders than most leagues have.
    Meanwhile Barca are snookered as they probably don't have the cash now to sign Verratti or someone of his quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Again?? They had an unreal second string side all season.
    They probably have more quality centre midfielders than most leagues have.
    Meanwhile Barca are snookered as they probably don't have the cash now to sign Verratti or someone of his quality.

The money from next seasons shirt sales for Messi, Suarez and Neymar would pay for it pretty handily I'd imagine. No shortage in Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shirt sales do not come remotely close to covering transfer fees.....can we stop with this myth?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

• Advertisement
Advertisement