Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think Lukaku is a more Mourinho type of player though. He'll be going direct with quick, early long balls and using his physicality and presence to bully teams. He'll try to use him like Chelsea did Drogba.

Wait, this is the Mourinho that loaned him out, didn't play him, and sold him yeah? Mourinho type of player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wait, this is the Mourinho that loaned him out, didn't play him, and sold him yeah? Mourinho type of player...

Lukakus choice to leave.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lukakus choice to leave.

I would too after not playing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Again this is a myth, pull up the stats (SSN had them yesterday and are still decent)

Simply put with a much better team in Utd he will flourish

It is a simplistic approach to think that alright doesn't mean it will work out like that, it could do but Benteke is a prime example, he bangs them in for lower teams but did not exactly flourish at Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

It is a simplistic approach to think that alright doesn't mean it will work out like that, it could do but Benteke is a prime example, he bangs them in for lower teams but did not exactly flourish at Liverpool.

He moved to a style of play that didnt suit him. Lukaku will suit Joses style of hit and run

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lukakus choice to leave.

It's called "easing out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

irishman86 wrote: »
    He moved to a style of play that didnt suit him. Lukaku will suit Joses style of hit and run

He should do, but there's a chance he may not either and for a few reasons, but I'm expecting him to be a 20-25 goals in the next Pl season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

If Higuain was worth £75 million last year with his best years gone then Lukaku is definitely worth the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Bit of a cod really calling it a £100 Million transfer.I doubt the full £15 Million worth of add ons will ever be paid and Rooney was never moving for a transfer fee
    How do you know? Most deals with add ons are linked to appearances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

The Guardian describes the add-ons as -

"The deal will be worth an initial £75m plus a further £15m of easily attainable add-ons linked to achievements and appearances."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

mightyreds wrote: »
    Wait... you finished 1 place above them in the league last year

Leicester finished what, 10 places ahead of Chelsea in 15/16?

Chelsea still had much better players and United have much better players than Everton now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Hierro_4 wrote: »

Chelsea still had much better players and United have much better players than Everton now.

It's a team sport. Leicester were a far better team than Chelsea in 15/16

If Higuain was worth £75 million last year with his best years gone then Lukaku is definitely worth the same

Best years gone? You do realise that Higuain was sold on the back of a Serie A record season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think a Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Rashford/Martial combo of 3 is gonna score the goals required to win the league. I think the addition of Lukaku alone should mean that United shouldn't have to worry about finishing top 4, but it's another thing again to be top of the pops. You need that attacking quality in your team.

As things stand lukaku is just replacing what Ibra offered them last season.
    I think due to age, Lukaku will be an improvement for United. But I don't think he will solve United's goalscoring problems alone. The issue was never the lack of a potent goalscorer. Badly in need of a foil for their striker who is almost as dangerous. A Sanchez/Hazard/Mané type who isn't a striker but completely changes the way teams have to defend against your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Was wondering why Alves hasn't been announced yet.. everyone seems to be at it these days :D

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/883754968087396356

I think due to age, Lukaku will be an improvement for United. But I don't think he will solve United's goalscoring problems alone. The issue was never the lack of a potent goalscorer. Badly in need of a foil for their striker who is almost as dangerous. A Sanchez/Hazard/Mane type who isn't a striker but completely changes the way teams have to defend against your team.

I like Mane but you shouldnt use him in the same sentence as the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Two stories in the Greek press linking Liverpool with the Roma CB Kostas Manolas, one of the articles reckons it's unlikely while the other seems to think it's a go and will happen early next week. Monchi came out earlier today to say the time for selling was over and he was now buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Two stories in the Greek press linking Liverpool with the Roma CB Kostas Manolas, one of the articles reckons it's unlikely while the other seems to think it's a go and will happen early next week. Monchi came out earlier today to say the time for selling was over and he was now buying.

wasn't he not supposed to be going to Zenit.. either way he is way too good for Zenit, cracking player and a very decent alternative to VVD

i'd be surprised if Roma sold Rudiger and Manolas tbh. He'd be a good fit for Liverpool, super quick, good at pressing. He's a dodgy passer though, and useless with the ball at his feet.

• Advertisement

What Mane lacks in technical ability he makes up for in athleticism imo.

Rooney having his medical..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hierro_4 wrote: »

2015/16 was an outlier in terms of where both Leicester and Chelsea finished

Man Utd last season finished in pretty much their average finishing position over the last 4 years

Thats the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think due to age, Lukaku will be an improvement for United. But I don't think he will solve United's goalscoring problems alone. The issue was never the lack of a potent goalscorer. Badly in need of a foil for their striker who is almost as dangerous. A Sanchez/Hazard/Mane type who isn't a striker but completely changes the way teams have to defend against your team.

He isn't as good as the other 2 but would still be a great addition, offers that threat that creates space for other players.

Lukker- wrote: »

I dont argue that Id have him more than a step below the other two though, Id rank him slightly below Mahrez if Im being honest but it would be closer than Hazard/Sanchez.

He isn't as good as the other 2 but would still be a great addition, offers that threat that creates space for other players.

I dont think hed be a great addition to one of the bigger teams outside of perhaps Arsenal
    My point was if your going to use two superstars (accurately by the way) why add a decent premier league player which kinda negates the point when they arent even similar players to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Never felt Mane is lacking in technique to be honest. He's quick but he can play.

His stats would have been even better last season only for the fact he missed a month for AFCON and then missed the last 6 weeks or so of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

How do you know? Most deals with add ons are linked to appearances

How do you know most addons are linked to appearances? Apparently Martial's had a clause for Balon D'or, RVN had for winning La Liga with Madrid, RVP's had winning PL with ManUtd.

No one has a clue about what the add ons are. They might be appearances or personal performances or team performances.

Not that it matters as I always want the addons to be paid, which means player is doing well.

That was when Lukaku was still a youngster and Lukaku wanted to leave as he wanted to be first choice player. Considering Chelsea had Costa who won them league it wasn't possible for Lukaku to be first choice.

He had 3 years of first team games and scored plenty of goals. Now Jose feels he is ready to lead the line which isn't surprising.

No more fishy than Lukaku ending up at Utd rather than Chelsea - it's all about the agent.

Eh? Lukaku is not a kid, he is the employer not agent. Some of you need to take head out of the sand, agent does as the player says, not the other way.

Poor chelsea and Lukaku, mugged by evil agent.

https://twitter.com/AdamJosephSport/status/883679893489307651

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Eh? Lukaku is not a kid, he is the employer not agent. Some of you need to take head out of the sand, agent does as the player says, not the other way.

Poor chelsea and Lukaku, mugged by evil agent.

https://twitter.com/AdamJosephSport/status/883679893489307651

Didn't Riaola get forty something for Pogba alone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

naughtb4 wrote: »

The agent fees for the Pogba deal were paid by Juve so wouldn't figure in United's numbers.

naughtb4 wrote: »

That's not agent fee, that's more like third party fee. Raiola owned 25% of Pogba's rights. It was paid by Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Rod Munch wrote: »
    The agent fees for the Pogba deal were paid by Juve so wouldn't figure in United's numbers.

Not according to Fifa when they went to investigate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not according to Fifa when they went to investigate it!

They investigated it.

And United were cleared of any shenanigans.

Do try and keep up.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    They investigated it.

And United were cleared of any shenanigans.

Do try and keep up.

I didn't say anything about wrong doing, your talking about Juve paying the fees and I replied to that, united paid about 40% of the fees , do try and keep up

I didn't say anything about wrong doing, your talking about Juve paying the fees and I replied to that, united paid about 40% of the fees , do try and keep up

No they didn't. ManUtd paud 89 million pounds to Juventus, they paid the money to the agent as Raiola had 25% of Pogba rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

United paid Juventus £89 million, Juve are being investigated for potential 3rd party ownership issues which has nothing to do with United.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716792-manchester-united-cleared-in-paul-pogba-transfer-fifa-to-investigate-juventus

No they didn't. ManUtd paud 89 million pounds to Juventus, they paid the money to the agent as Raiola had 25% of Pogba rights.

Yeah sure I don't pay any tax on my goods cause it all went to Tesco and I didn't give it directly to the revenue
    United paid Juventus £89 million, Juve are being investigated for potential 3rd party ownership issues which has nothing to do with United.

And to mention again I wasn't talking about any wrong doings I was mentioning fees paid in the FIFA investigation which said United paid some allocation to the agent

Yeah sure I don't pay any tax on my goods cause it all went to Tesco and I didn't give it directly to the revenue

And to mention again I wasn't talking about any wrong doings I was mentioning fees paid in the FIFA investigation which said United paid some allocation to the agent

Not sure you are on about. Raiola's agreement was with Juventus, how Juventus and agent divided the money is not ManUtd's concern. They named the price and we paid the money.

Juventus even released official documents confirming the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

We have been through this before. The figures for the Pogba transfer were made public by footyleaks.

Man United payed Juventus £89.5 million +£5 million if he signs a new contract or is sold for more than £50 million. Of this fee Juventus gave Raiola £23 million for his share of the ownership.

In addition to this United paid agent fees to Raiola of £16.4 million. Pogba paid agent fees to Raiola of £2.2 million.

The investigation was to do with Raiola being employed by Juve to sell at the highest price and by United to try to buy at the cheapest price. There was no wrong doing by United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Holy **** that is serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Holy **** that is serious money.

It's a good few Andy Carroll's alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Stop talking bollix.Tesco jaysus :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

From United FB:

19959406_10154915143327746_1727708068138826797_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=99d7eae5b2b9c60ad0ccf8708f5635ac&oe=59CC0910
    #FarewellToALegend

Wayne Rooney is leaving Manchester United to return to Everton: http://manutd.co/vU

Thank you, Wayne, from all of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Thats a ridiculous analogy.

Its really a very simple concept, United paid Juventus a sum of money, what Juventus did with that money afterwards was completely out of Uniteds control and as such absolutely nothing to do with United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

What are Everton doing bringing Rooney back?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Stop talking bollix.Tesco jaysus :o

Great way to add to the debate, foundation of intelligence you are too

And to add here is a link of fees paid as reported by many media outlets

http://www.rte.ie/amp/884328/

So back to the original argument that United paid nothing before the bandwagon jumped in to derail it

Great way to add to the debate, foundation of intelligence you are too

And to add here is a link of fees paid as reported by many media outlets

http://www.rte.ie/amp/884328/

So back to the original argument that United paid nothing before the bandwagon jumped in to derail it

Did you even read what it said? Out of 40 Million 27 Million was paid by Juventus, which is exactly what everyone is saying but for some reason it's too hard for you to understand.

Did you even read what it said? Out of 40 Million 27 Million was paid by Juventus, which is exactly what everyone is saying but for some reason it's too hard for you to understand.

So who paid the other 13 million? Originally I just corrected the person saying United paid nothing Juve had paid it all, then yous jumped in to defend the teams honour of any wrong doing which wasn't mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was Pogba's transfer not last summer? Why is it being debated here this summer AGAIN?

Advertisement