Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

these video announcements the club are putting out are the cringeyest things I've ever seen. chelsea latest especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

LiamoSail wrote: »
    What are Everton doing bringing Rooney back?

I hope it works out for Everton, and for Rooney. I've always liked Rooney as a player but thought he had lost interest these past few seasons. Maybe returning to the the club where he began his career might reignite his love for the game. If he can keep on top of his fitness levels he definitely has another couple of seasons in the top flight left in him.

At the very least it will increase Everton's profile abroad and sell some shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Rudiger confirmed by Chelsea,34 mil

If Rooneys motivated he could be a decent signing up top for Everton. Not sure where Everton plan to play him though. Not convinced at all about him as a midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Rudiger confirmed by Chelsea,34 mil

They should get a transfer ban for how they announced it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

With Lukaku leaving Rooney must be at least as good as Everton's best player

It's a no brainer for them, I'd expect him to knock in at least 10 league goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paying a lad past his prime £150k a week I'd wanting more than 10 league goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Paying a lad past his prime £150k a week I'd wanting more than 10 league goals.
    He'll sell a big load of shirts.

Or a load of big shirts:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

With Lukaku leaving Rooney must be at least as good as Everton's best player

It's a no brainer for them, I'd expect him to knock in at least 10 league goals
    They have Coleman, they just brought in Michael Keane, they have Idrissa Gueye who are all very good players. I'm a big fan of Sandro Ramirez based on what I seen of him last season, they'll have Bolasie back at some stage too and lets not forget Schneiderlin. They've got quite a few good young players too.

They have a lot of decent players and Rooney will have less pressure on him than he has had for a long time. He might just improve because of that. They have a couple of good leaders in Jagielka and Ashley Williams. I think it will work out well for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Why did Everton sign Rooney?

14.8 million twitter followers = massive potential for the club. ( it's 13.7 million more than Everton and 3 million more than man united!)

Given that Everton are behind the 8 ball in terms of breaking into the champions league they need to look at all avenues to increase their brand globally.

I actually think he'll have a good 18 months or so in the pitch aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Saw on Twitter some lad did a SkyBet request a bet on Rooney to outscore Lukaku in the PL and got offered 14/1. Jesus, imagine.

Rooney to Everton is a good move for both teams really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Think Rooney to Everton could work out well for him, might just spark him back into life.

It'll be interesting to see how the fans embrace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ruben Loftus Cheek to join Palace.

A lot of young players leaving Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

zerks wrote: »

On loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's on loan.

Edit: Beaten to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's on loan.

Edit: Beaten to it

Conte will buy a replacement and he'll never go back.

Conte will buy a replacement and he'll never go back.

Or it could be that a 21 year kid, will get more play time at a team that is bottom half rather than the reigning champions who are well stocked currently in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dani Alves in talks with PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Think Rooney to Everton could work out well for him, might just spark him back into life.

It'll be interesting to see how the fans embrace him.

I'd be surprised if he makes too much of an impact myself. As a Utd fan he's looked a spent player the last couple of seasons.

However on your second point, I was thinking the exact same thing too. The Everton fans never seemed to forgive him for moving to Utd so I wonder how they feel about his return and how he will be received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think enough water has passed under the bridge for Rooney to be received warmly at this stage.

If he scores a few goals early in the campaign it will help even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

inforfun wrote: »
    Dani Alves in talks with PSG

That is interesting. Thought it was a donedeal to Man City

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/09/paris-saint-germain-attempting-hijack-manchester-citys-bid-sign/

Probably will sign this week for City anyway but... well.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Id imagine its a done deal for him to head to City, I would be surprised if he went anywhere else tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Swansea want £50m from Everton for Gylfi Sigurdsson. Worst part about that is it isn't even surprising anymore, the market is f**ked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Dani Alves just got married in Ibiza. I doubt he's holding talks with anyone. I'd imagine a deal is already done or more than less done without the signing on the dotted line.

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Swansea want £50m from Everton for Gylfi Sigurdsson. Worst part about that is it isn't even surprising anymore, the market is f**ked.

Tbf his actual market value is at least 25, he did get a ball of assists last season and it's PL - PL club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

27 goals in 106 appearances for Swansea, nice return for a midfielder but it is still nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf his actual market value is at least 25, he did get a ball of assists last season and it's PL - PL club

Aaaand everyone in the world now knows Everton have money.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Yeah as I said, it isn't surprising in the least, but let's face it, even as recently as last summer he'd have gone for £30m at the absolute maximum and he had a good season before that window too.

£50m is world class player money in any other country but in England it won't even get you a Van Dijk or a Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Aaaand everyone in the world now knows Everton have money.

This is it. They've seen the Lukaku deal, they've seen Everton spend 30m on Pickford and Michael Keane, and Sigurdsson is vital to them.

Happens everywhere.
    Feyenoord has CL money + €30 million from players they sold.
    So now Dutch clubs are asking 7 or 8 million with dry eyes for players you guys here have never heard of.

The 'PL proven' attribute seems to add +50% this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lukker- wrote: »
    The 'PL proven' attribute seems to add +50% this season

It has nothing to do with PL proven. Its that you are trying to buy off clubs who are loaded, so the prices need to be higher for it to be worthwhile to the selling club.

Olivier Ntcham looks like he's off to Celtic for £4.5m. He looked alright at Genoa last season (on loan from Man City) but they didn't exercise their option to buy him. It's a shrewd signing for Celtic if it goes through, he's still very young and he's already a solid midfielder.

• Important that they bolster for the CL this coming season. If they can somehow hold onto Dembele also it would be huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

martyos121 wrote: »
    Olivier Ntcham looks like he's off to Celtic for £4.5m. He looked alright at Genoa last season (on loan from Man City) but they didn't exercise their option to buy him. It's a shrewd signing for Celtic if it goes through, he's still very young and he's already a solid midfielder.

Always decent in Football Manager 11/12 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pretty sure Sigurdsson counts as homegrown too because he was trained at Reading before moving to Swansea. Probably adds a few million to his price too.

Plus, Swansea are under no obligation to sell so they're naturally going to play hardball at the start of the negotiation at least.

Think he's a good player - not disputing that the valuation is nuts, but he will likely contribute goals and assists next season, wherever he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I wonder what that means for Barkley.

Id imagine a 5 man midfield with Barks and Siggy and Guaye being an interesting prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Has Barkley signed a new deal yet? Last I heard if was sign of get to eff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wonder what that means for Barkley.

Id imagine a 5 man midfield with Barks and Siggy and Guaye being an interesting prospect.

You'd wonder. If Everton picked up Sigurdsson, I'd say their strongest midfield is:

Schneiderlin--Gueye
    Klassen-Sigurdsson-Bolasie

Now they'll have quite a few games to play next season so there'll be rotation in there but it is hard to see where everyone fits. Is Rooney going to be up top or in the midfield? Are Everton still chasing Giroud as reported in some of the papers? Leaving out Bolasie for Barkley makes sense but does that not leave a midfield desperately short on pace?

No doubt that Everton are a better proposition overall after these signings but I just don't see where everyone fits yet. Id expect a departure or two and I could imagine Barkley to Spurs could be one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Sigurdsson failed to make the step up to a bigger club already. £50m is nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wouldn't be surprised to see James McCarthy going the other direction as part of the Gylfi deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

straight swop Barkley for Sigurdsson - be good for Everton and make me happy - neither worth 50 m mind

Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request according to Sky. A massive blow for Stoke if he leaves, he'd easily start for any team outside of the top 6 and be a handy player to have on the bench for any of those top 6 clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request according to Sky. A massive blow for Stoke if he leaves, he'd easily start for any team outside of the top 6 and be a handy player to have on the bench for any of those top 6 clubs.

Has he offers?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Has he offers?

None I've seen yet, but he's put himself in the window now, I'm sure someone will come for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I always felt that while he was talented, his stroppy attitude was a hinderance at times. Can see him going abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arnautovic apparently had interest from AC Milan at the start of the window, whether it was any real interest or not is another question.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I always felt that while he was talented, his stroppy attitude was a hinderance at times. Can see him going abroad.

Since he is Austrian....

But yeah, during his days at Twente he was already known to be a bit of a prick.
    Fake Ibrahimovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arnautovic apparently had interest from AC Milan at the start of the window, whether it was any real interest or not is another question.

There were also stories of PSG sniffing around - which would probably suit him more

• Advertisement
Advertisement