Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Football doesn't work like that you can train all you want but you need to be match fit to be at your best.

Worked rather well for a certain Marco van Basten in 88

Anyway...

Muriel from Sampdoria to Sevilla for €20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

To where... Man City? No he won't unless the club want to actively commit harakiri and create a toxic atmosphere before the season even begins.
    He's got a contract. Wenger has stated that he will not be going to a rival. If he wishes to leave on a free next season to them then so be it.

You can see there all ready baulking, first it was 'not to any rival' now its
    'if they want him they can pay 90 Mill'. Can see them settling on some middle ground around 60-70 after all the transfers are done and try and convince everyone they done everything they could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

BILD reporting that James is gone on loan to Bayern for 2 years with an option to buy.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    BILD reporting that James is gone on loan to Bayern for 2 years with an option to buy.

Strange that it's a loan move from the get go, but cute from Bayern if it doesn't work out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

You can see there all ready baulking, first it was 'not to any rival' now its
    'if they want him they can pay 90 Mill'. Can see them settling on some middle ground around 60-70 after all the transfers are done and try and convince everyone they done everything they could.

The latest that I've read is from Wenger saying that they won't sell to a premier league rival. It's all speculation anyway and there is no proof that they are baulking at £90m either as you say.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Strange that it's a loan move from the get go, but cute from Bayern if it doesn't work out

Hes the ultimate example of a luxury player, IMO.

If we were playing with a tradional #10 he would be good but I dont think theres room for passengers at the top end of the PL for those type of players, again, IMO.

It is a good deal for Bayern and free Real up a bit, although he didnt play all that much this year, Isco and more so Asensio will probably get more game time now too.

The latest that I've read is from Wenger saying that they won't sell to a premier league rival. It's all speculation anyway and there is no proof that they are baulking at £90m either as you say.

Theres nothing concrete either that Sanchez wants out. Although not signing extension so far, with 12 months on your contract can be looked at rather grimly if youre an Arsenal fan unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres nothing concrete either that Sanchez wants out. Although not signing extension so far, with 12 months on your contract can be looked at rather grimly if youre an Arsenal fan unfortunately.

If I was an Arsenal fan Id be worried. Nothing to suggest he's staying.

Even though as said by Gav above nothing to suggest he's leaving either, until I heard something from his side to say he's staying Id be nervous.

City and Chelsea would be the obvious EPL suitors, but that would be terrible for Arsenal. Bayern would be the more logical choice if he wants out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I think this "saga" will drag on until at least Sanchez is back from his holidays. Ultimately I think he will either sign a contract extension or he will be moved on. It's a major mistake selling him to a premier league team. No amount of money will change that opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bayern are unbelievably savvy in the transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'd imagine there's an obligation to buy at a set price dependant on appearances, as is usual in this sort of loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bayern are unbelievably savvy in the transfer market.

They rarely overpay, look at their top players and all were got at or below market price even at the time

Mind the Sanches deal must have been sanctioned by someone else because 35m rising to 80m ain't looking good now he didn't even get in the Portugal first 11 for the U21 this past summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Rodriguez to Bayern on 2 year loan is official:
    https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/884736556531109890

Juve are apparently getting Douglas Costa on a similar deal.

2 year loan deal with an obligation to buy. 6m loan and 40m future fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Juve are apparently getting Douglas Costa on a similar deal.

2 year loan deal with an obligation to buy. 6m loan and 40m future fee.

An obligation or an option? Obligation just sounds odd!

L'prof wrote: »

In deals like this between European clubs it's almost always an obligation, or an obligation that kicks in after X appearances.

L'prof wrote: »

Obligation, same as the James deal theyre getting into with James.

It will probably be play X amount of games and you sign him.

Although the Costa to Juve links have been around since a few weeks back it now seems to be picking up some traction and thats clearly on the back of the James signing.

I'd probably prefer Costa if Chelsea were in for either but the deal seems to suit all parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Most likely to do with FFP, could benefit both clubs really, maybe Real prefer the money coming in, in 2 years rather than now. You wouldn't think it'd make much difference to Bayern either way, unless they are being extra prudent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It could be a shrewd way around a sell on clause if Monaco had an entitlement to a percentage if sold in a certain length of time

brevity wrote: »

Muller too, I knows hes played as a support striker or replaced Lewandoski but hes more than capable of playing in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

According to Bayern the option on Rodriguez is just that, an option and not a obligation.

On Costa's Transfer to Juve, the Italians apparently want to structure the Transfer as an initial Loan with an obligation to buy in 2 years, supposedly to get around some tax/FFP Issues. Said that, Bayern are still holding out for a straight Sale.

DubDani wrote: »
    According to Bayern the option on Rodriguez is just that, an option and not a obligation.

On Costa's Transfer to Juve, the Italians apparently want to structure the Transfer as an initial Loan with an obligation to buy in 2 years, supposedly to get around some tax/FFP Issues. Said that, Bayern are still holding out for a straight Sale.

I think James contract is up in 2019 so a 2 year loan with an obligation to buywould be strange, considering they could get him for free at the end of it. :o

DubDani wrote: »

I think James contract is up in 2019 so a 2 year loan with an obligation to buywould be strange, considering they could get him for free at the end of it. :o
    He signed a 6 year contract in 2014, so up in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

AdamD wrote: »
    It's a risk though. Sanchez has always seemed professional but a player in their last year of a contract who wants to leave might just not bother too much. He can talk to clubs in January and if we're honest his agent will be talking to them a lot sooner than that.

If the player is determined to leave I would gladly take the money from a foreign club if I am Arsenal.

Keep reading this and wondering are we talking about the same Sanchez? He'd give it 100% if he was playing 5 a side against 8 year olds.

Could be naive thinking there. There were already some Arsenal fans questioning his efforts last season. Now that seemed odd to me but they'd probably watched more of him than I have.

In any case, if the player wants to go then he will be talking to clubs January at the latest. His agent wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't telling Sanchez to be careful and to do the minimum required. When a 5 year multi million pound contract is on the line and it just requires you to not get injured it'd be a lot harder to put your body on the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I really dislike two year loans. It's like signing a player but it's not really. You can't properly unveil a loan player. Nobody will be particularly excited. Then if you properly sign them after two years it's not really like a new signing. Hope we don't see this sort of nonsense in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I really dislike two year loans. It's like signing a player but it's not really. You can't properly unveil a loan player. Nobody will be particularly excited. Then if you properly sign them after two years it's not really like a new signing. Hope we don't see this sort of nonsense in England.

We have already with Tevez on loan at United for 2 seasons.

Alves has rejected City and signed for PSG from reports in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't understand PSG's thought process in going for him. He's a great player but they have two very good options already in that position in Aurier and Meunier. Their failings last season weren't down to that area of the pitch.

• GavRedKing wrote: »

Did City make an official bid?

• Advertisement

I don't understand PSG's thought process in going for him. He's a great player but they have two very good options already in that position in Aurier and Meunier. Their failings last season weren't down to that area of the pitch.

Aurier will probably be gone, he seems like a bit of a dick and the kind of guy you dont want around a squad and a strong manager would be shot of him a long time ago, IMO.

That being said, hes still a good footballer.

No idea, the story was, that he wanted to work with Pep again and he was released a few weeks back by Juve and I think hes still on holidays, going by social media, so if anyone does want him, it should be a speedy process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

There was no bid needed, he terminated his contract with Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

But if he wants outs he will leave, he said he knows what he's doing and said it will come after the confederation cup(I'm guessing after his holiday) , this could well be a bargaining chip to get more cash from Arsenal, it might not. But the longer it drags the more than likely its a transfer. My 2 cents anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

But if he wants outs he will leave, he said he knows what he's doing and said it will come after the confederation cup(I'm guessing after his holiday) , this could well be a bargaining chip to get more cash from Arsenal, it might not. But the longer it drags the more than likely its a transfer. My 2 cents anyway
    Wenger said the very same thing, and we're stuck with him, so maybe Sanchez will stay too.

Biggest Transfer Saga of the Summer happening between Cologne/Modeste & Tianjin Quanjian.

1. Initially the player seemed to have agreed Details with the Chinese club, but the clubs couldn't agree on the payment plan for the fee (35.7 mil, btw.).
    2. The Player then went before the start of the training at Cologne on his own accord for a medical to China and thrash out latest Details.
    3. Upon his return his Advisors/Managers asked Cologne for a 6 mil Euro fee to complete the Transfer, which Cologne rejected
    4. Players shows up for first day of pre-season Training at Cologne
    5. Cologne and the Chinese club agree that the fee will be paid upfront and in one go. According to the German Media the club even transferred the fee already. Modeste's mgmt. also waived their request for the 6 mil Euro, so in theory all ready to go now.
    6. Chinese club now approaches player and explains that they want him to buy himself out of the contract with cologne with the money they already transferred. That would get them around having to pay this 35.7 Euro Development Fee to the Chinese Federation.
    7. Player now approaches Cologne and tells them of the plan and asks the club to guarantee that they would shoulder any tax liabilities in case the German Revenue sees the Transfer Fee as taxable Income.
    8. Cologne refuses request, and at the same time releases the player from Training and doesn't take him into the Training Camp, so that he can sort out his future, one way or another.
    9. Player is now suing club in a German court in order to be reinstated for Training.

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jack cork to Burnley 8 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dani Alves completes medical at PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Quite funny when it happens to City giving their spending power.

Tottenham can expect a bid for Walker any moment now I'd imagine. Unless City go for one of PSG's right backs, they surely have to move one on now?

Donnarumma signs new 4 year contract with Milan which includes a €70million release clause if Milan fail to qualify for the champions league next season.

His older brother, former Milan youth academy product Antonio, has also resigned with Milan as a reserve keeper.

Glad to see the player and the club are happy in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

martyos121 wrote: »
    Quite funny when it happens to City giving their spending power.

Tottenham can expect a bid for Walker any moment now I'd imagine. Unless City go for one of PSG's right backs, they surely have to move one on now?

Its a mess for city. Thought he was in the bag personally. Fee for walker just went up and now we have to buy a second choice too...inalways disliked alves anyway!

Could City go for someone like Mattia De Sciglio?

He asked to leave Milan because he doesn't want to play out of position at left back any more and the fans gave him a hard time during some games last season over rumours that he was trying to get a move to Juventus.

Would cost less then Walker given he only has a year left on his contract and would suit Peps style of play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wonder might Pep try and get Lahm out of retirement.

Loved working with him at Bayern.

Liverpool in trouble again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/exclusive-liverpool-accused-falsifying-document-heart-tapped/
    The Liverpool tapping-up scandal was dramatically reignited on Tuesday after they were accused of submitting a “falsified” document to the Premier League when trying to lure a 12-year-old schoolboy from Stoke City.

The Anfield club are facing imminent legal action from the unnamed boy, now 13, and his family, having failed to make amends for leaving both him unable to play academy football and his parents in thousands of pounds of debt more than three months after Telegraph Sport first revealed their plight.

Compounding the litany of transgressions over which Liverpool became the first club to be punished under strict new Premier League rules - and the lengths to which they were allegedly prepared to go to conceal them - they have now been publicly accused of altering the date of a signature on his academy player registration application.

Father and son completed the document on September 2 last year, three days before the latter began the new school year at his private school, the fees for which Liverpool had agreed to pay until he was 16.

The club directed the pair not to date their signatures, an instruction the father ignored to ensure the moment was accurately recorded.

The next time the family saw the document - after it had been submitted to the Premier League - all the signatures on it were dated September 21, including the father’s, beneath which a ‘1’ had been inserted after his initial ‘2’.

The new date made it appear he and his son had signed more than two weeks after the latter had started school, rather than three days beforehand.

The FA will probably do nothing and count it as "case closed" after imposing a transfer ban on signing academy players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The FA will probably do nothing but a court case and a possibly finding against them will look really bad. Surely they should just bung this kid and his family a ball of money now to go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Nothing to do with this thread lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Jayop wrote: »
    The FA will probably do nothing but a court case and a possibly finding against them will look really bad. Surely they should just bung this kid and his family a ball of money now to go away.

Depends, the report says that they already looked at the date of signature during the investigation. So it was already dealt with in that regard. The club offered to pay for school fees before being told new rules stopped them from doing so unless they did so for all students in their academy afaik.

Depends on what way a judge views it, but I can see compensation being paid out. The lads career will prob be over in that case as I can't see any other big club taking on the baggage of the father then but he could prob still have a career in football but I wouldn't see it as top flight career.

I read that city came to an agreement in their case which basically is as Jay suggested and just threw money at it to make it go away.

Nothing to do with this thread lads

Could impact them transfer wise if the FA grow a pair.Between this and the VDV affair,they look less appealing to anyone considering doing business with them.

Anyhow back to actual transfers instead of fake ones.

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/884854154795122689

Leicester have today agreed the transfer of goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler to VfB Stuttgart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Spurs trying to steal Iheanacho off Leicester. With Alves seemingly out of the question for City, Nacho + cash for Walker makes sense...although letting go of Iheanacho at all makes little sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Burial. wrote: »
    Spurs trying to steal Iheanacho off Leicester. With Alves seemingly out of the question for City, Nacho + cash for Walker makes sense...although letting go of Iheanacho at all makes little sense to me.

I doubt Spurs would agree to the buyback that City want so could make things a little more difficult.

Advertisement