Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Burial. wrote: »
    Spurs trying to steal Iheanacho off Leicester. With Alves seemingly out of the question for City, Nacho + cash for Walker makes sense...although letting go of Iheanacho at all makes little sense to me.

He's not going to play ahead of Aguero or Gabriel Jesus.

Selling him while including a buy back clause is 100% the right thing to do.

He ain't gonna develop while warming City's bench.

Nothing to do with this thread lads

Oh it is. Little victories etc.

Liverpool are not signing much anyway. Was wondering has a ban already been given!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    He's not going to play ahead of Aguero or Gabriel Jesus.

Selling him while including a buy back clause is 100% the right thing to do.

He ain't gonna develop while warming City's bench.

Nolito and Bony both certs to leave this summer. Aguero gets injured at least once a year. Jesus seems a tad brittle too. Having Aguero and Jesus as your strikers for the season is a massive risk, even with the abundance of attacking midfielders they have. City have paid for it in the past having very little cover for Aguero. The kid will obviously develop if he gets starts week in week out, but that isn't a sure thing at Spurs either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Burial. wrote: »
    Nolito and Bony both certs to leave this summer. Aguero gets injured at least once a year. Jesus seems a tad brittle too. Having Aguero and Jesus as your strikers for the season is a massive risk, even with the abundance of attacking midfielders they have. City have paid for it in the past having very little cover for Aguero. The kid will obviously develop if he gets starts week in week out, but that isn't a sure thing at Spurs either.

If I was Iheanacho I wouldn't like my chances of playing to be dependent on both Jesus and Aguero being out injured at the same time.

When Jesus missed a chunk at the end of last season Iheanacha still hardly got a sniff. Guardiola even played de Bruyne as a false 9 instead actually iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was strange move for Zieler. He was on fringes of the German National Team and then decided to be Schmeichels understudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Oh it is. Little victories etc.

Liverpool are not signing much anyway. Was wondering has a ban already been given!

So petty,and you know well they are already banned from signing young lads but this revelation that they changed the dates on documents along with tapping up VDV could have a bearing on future transfers.
    It has a place here.
    Look at Spain for example. We discussed their clubs transgressions in transfer dealings here without argument so why not an English club?

Ross Barkely left out of tour squad.

Adnan Januzaj expected to complete move to Real Sociedad tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

zerks wrote: »
    but this revelation that they changed the dates on documents along with tapping up VDV could have a bearing on future transfers.

But is it a revelation? It was reported early on during the initial investigation and it was investigated. It's not new information come to light recently for investigation purposes. It was reported and taken into consideration when the club was fined and banned from signing academy players for 12 months. The boy's father is annoyed at the light punishment by the FA and is taking a case to court.

Dunno about the VVD situation but last I knew, there is no formal complaint active and everything is fine as is. Which was prob why the club made a public apology, it was most likely required for any claim to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Could impact them transfer wise if the FA grow a pair.Between this and the VDV affair,they look less appealing to anyone considering doing business with them.
    They illegally refused to deal with Arsenal when Arsenal triggered Suarez release clause. They think they're a law onto themselves for quite some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Quazzie wrote: »
    They illegally refused to deal with Arsenal when Arsenal triggered Suarez release clause. They think they're a law onto themselves for quite some time now.

If you think every club obeys by the rules you're dreaming, they got caught with their pants down of the vvd deal but do you really think other clubs don't contact players before negotiating first with their clubs?

• Advertisement

Was it actually illegal? Didn't know that.

I think Suarez dodged a bullet there. Got a huge pay rise, and went to Barca a year later. He was too good for Arsenal. Deserves to be playing where he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

A great tactic in hindsight.

Regarding transfers, I doubt a single transfer has been completed this summer entirely within the rules. Clubs don't bid on players unless they know there's interest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Another case of tapping up? It wasn't actually known for fact that he had a 40m release clause but they knew to overbid by a single £1 to try activate it? Just another point to show that every single club doesn't play by the rules. I'm under no illusion that every single PL club and many others are flaunting rules over a great many things.

Christian Ziege...Harry Kewell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

You can be sure every club are up to the same things Liverpool are. They were just stupid enough to get caught. Sure look at Lukaku saying he's had many chats with Mourinho in recent months. I doubt they were talking about the price of petrol or the weather. Ultimately selling clubs will overlook any amount of tapping up as long as they are offered enough money for the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Christian Ziege...Harry Kewell...

I heard Kenny Dalglish was tapped up too, not to mention Alan Hanson

Kurt Zouma to meet both WBA and Stoke about a loan move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liverpool in trouble again:

Again? Jeez, is there no limits to the depths they will stoop to?

Chelsea fans will probably get the blame as per :D

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I heard Kenny Dalglish was tapped up too, not to mention Alan Hanson

I think Liverpool fans here might point out that Hanson was a 90s pop band.

Hadn't heard anything dodgy about either transfer tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Liverpool in trouble again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/exclusive-liverpool-accused-falsifying-document-heart-tapped/
    The Liverpool tapping-up scandal was dramatically reignited on Tuesday after they were accused of submitting a “falsified” document to the Premier League when trying to lure a 12-year-old schoolboy from Stoke City.

The Anfield club are facing imminent legal action from the unnamed boy, now 13, and his family, having failed to make amends for leaving both him unable to play academy football and his parents in thousands of pounds of debt more than three months after Telegraph Sport first revealed their plight.

Compounding the litany of transgressions over which Liverpool became the first club to be punished under strict new Premier League rules - and the lengths to which they were allegedly prepared to go to conceal them - they have now been publicly accused of altering the date of a signature on his academy player registration application.

Father and son completed the document  on September 2  last year, three days before the latter began the new school year at his private school, the fees for which Liverpool had agreed to pay until he was 16.

The club directed the pair not to date their signatures, an instruction the father ignored to ensure the moment was accurately recorded.

The next time the family saw the document - after it had been submitted to the Premier League - all the signatures on it were dated  September 21, including the father’s, beneath which a ‘1’ had been inserted after his initial ‘2’.

The new date made it appear he and his son had signed more than two weeks after the latter had started school, rather than three days beforehand.

The FA will probably do nothing and count it as "case closed" after imposing a transfer ban on signing academy players.
    Did this not happen months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The general consesnus and reporting, whether its true or not, is that if a club meets a release clause, it only means the club then has to inform their player of the offer.

It doesnt mean they have to sell the player at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Did this not happen months ago?

Yes, the dad is just looking to kick up a fuss and get something more out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The general consesnus and reporting, whether its true or not, is that if a club meets a release clause, it only means the club then has to inform their player of the offer.

It doesnt mean they have to sell the player at all.

In Spain it's binding AFAIK. But it can mean the tax burden is on the buying club.

Lukker- wrote: »
    In Spain it's binding AFAIK. But it can mean the tax burden is on the buying club.

Ya I think (could be wrong) in Spain the buy out clause legally, has to be in players contracts. Its a lot more prominent in Europe anyway.

Again though, if you offer up the money its not certain that the player will just refuse.

On the Suarez/Arsenal case though, Suarez made it clear he wanted out that summer but Barca had already brought in Neymar, I think his U turn was to save face and leave a year later but Arsenal were certainly encouraged to go after him, he did want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And Arsenal illegally tapped up his agent to find out how much the alleged buyout clause was and offered a £1 over it.

And Arsenal illegally tapped up his agent to find out how much the alleged buyout clause was and offered a £1 over it.
    That's quiet a serious allegation to make. Have you any proof that any of this happened?

I think it's a lot more likely that his agent went to Arsenal, and made them aware of it, because Suarez wanted to go there, as he was desperate to get away from Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Apparently City were ready to pay more than PSG but Alves rejected them.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Apparently City were ready to pay more than PSG but Alves rejected them.

UMMM No?!?!?!

WHY CITY DIDN'T SIGN ALVES

Man City bowed out of the chase for Dani Alves after they discovered PSG were offering almost double what they were willing to pay, believed to be a total of £25m in wages (£230k a week) during a two-year deal.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Pep Guardiola was keen to rekindle his relationship with Alves, having worked so successfully with him at Barcelona, but were only willing to pay the defender around £6m a year (£115k a week).

City believed they had a deal agreed and Alves was due to fly to Houston with the rest of the City team on Monday, but over the weekend, PSG contacted Alves’ representatives and gazumped Guardiola’s agreement.

The Brazilian is expected to be paraded at PSG’s latest signing at a media conference in the French capital later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's quiet a serious allegation to make. Have you any proof that any of this happened?

I think it's a lot more likely that his agent went to Arsenal, and made them aware of it, because Suarez wanted to go there, as he was desperate to get away from Liverpool.

I do indeed in the same way you have that Liverpool illegally refused to deal with Arsenal.

If you don't believe me please report my serious allegation to the proper authorities and I'll show them.

Jeez and I thought the discussions about the Pogba transfer were bad now we're back to the Suarez transfer.

Lets do the Time Warp Again!

Question, why are Arsenal fans bitter about the Suarez transfer? :confused:

They chanced their arm and got rebuffed by the player who signed an extension for a hefty rise with the promise that he'd be sold the following summer by Liverpool.

They chanced their arm and got rebuffed by the player who signed an extension for a hefty rise with the promise that he'd be sold the following summer by Liverpool.
    They weren't rebuffed by the player. Suarez actively sought out Arsenal, and then when Arsenal made a perfectly legal bid for him, Liverpool brole contractual law and refused to sell.

Not bitter, i was just pointing out earlier how Liverpool have a history of illegal activity when it comes to transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They weren't rebuffed by the player. Suarez actively sought out Arsenal, and then when Arsenal made a perfectly legal bid for him, Liverpool brole contractual law and refused to sell.

Not bitter, i was just pointing out earlier how Liverpool have a history of illegal activity when it comes to transfers.

Well the whole situation depends on who you believe. Id say Arsenal were just as guilty as Suarez/his agent.

While its not certain Arsenal played with in the rules, their actions werent all honest and innocent either.

I dont think it was illegal at all but nobody here is up to date on football contractual laws and regulations, however, my understanding is that theres no obligation to sell, even if a buy out clause is activated, the club have to tell the player of the bid and they take it from there.

I always assumed Suarez stayed with Liverpool that year because Barca had no money in the kitty after spending 60m on Neymar, hence the extension and being sold to barca a year later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Contracts in football aren't worth the paper there printed on, FSG were right to tell Arsenal do one.

And if Arsenal hadn't been so cheeky with their plus £1 bid and bid £45m they would have got him.

rob316 wrote: »
    Contracts in football aren't worth the paper there printed on, FSG were right to tell Arsenal do one.

And if Arsenal hadn't been so cheeky with their plus £1 bid and bid £45m they would have got him.
    Why would they give €5M extra than they need to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Nope, not at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Story of Arsenal football club in the last 10-15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So that they might actually get him, instead of just winding Liverpool up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Back to current events.
    Any news of sanchez transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

In fairness I think it's the other way round. A lot of Liverpool fans have been bitter against Arsenal ever since that bid went in, especially on boards. They were really insulted over the +1£ and haven't stopped going on about it ever since. There is a certain Liverpool poster on boards who has basically made his name around here with his constant Arsenal digs ;)

sword1 wrote: »
    Back to current events.
    Any news of sanchez transfer?

I think hes set to join Arsenal!

Rumours of Cambiasso to Leicester aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Some funny going ons in Spain.

Vitolo, who was linked with Chelsea at one point, seemed to end all speculation by signing a new five-year contract with Sevilla the other day. Today, he's been signed by Atletico Madrid for €40m and is being loaned to Las Palmas for the first half of the season as Atleti are banned from signing registering players until January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

A players agent can talk to any club anytime ,he can hawk his player everywhere so long as player or interested club don't talk directly..bit of a farce.

It's only Liverpool who breaks the rules though,just them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A players agent can talk to any club anytime ,he can hawk his player everywhere so long as player or interested club don't talk directly..bit of a farce.

It's only Liverpool who breaks the rules though,just them.

He was think everyone on here acknowledged that the rules of transfers are broken by every club. What Liverpool are really guilty of is stupidity in a few transfers and shocking callousness in the transfer of that kid if the rumours are true.

Some funny going ons in Spain.

Vitolo, who was linked with Chelsea at one point, seemed to end all speculation by signing a new five-year contract with Sevilla the other day. Today, he's been signed by Atletico Madrid for €40m and is being loaned to Las Palmas for the first half of the season as Atleti are banned from signing registering players until January.

I wonder will they do somehting similar with Costa or will they sign him and leave him training until 1st January.

Alves to PSG confirmed €230k a week. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jayop wrote: »
    He was think everyone on here acknowledged that the rules of transfers are broken by every club. What Liverpool are really guilty of is stupidity in a few transfers and shocking callousness in the transfer of that kid if the rumours are true.

probably a discussion for the lfc thread not the transfer thread,it will not affect any transfers nor is it to do with any pending transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

probably a discussion for the lfc thread not the transfer thread,it will not affect any transfers nor is it to do with any pending transfers

Well it is if they get the ban they deserve...

• Advertisement
Advertisement