Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What is Man Utd doing on that list?

RDJ_Woah.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Breaking news: top teams and top managers spend money. Build a bridge and get the **** over it. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rossie1977 wrote: »
    As far as what the top 5 clubs have spent since last summer

Man city 308 million
    Man Utd 255 million
    Chelsea 162 million
    Arsenal 146 million
    Liverpool 102 million

What's their net spend? Also Spurs should be there not United seen as they finished sixth ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Breaking news: top teams and top managers spend money. Build a bridge and get the **** over it. Christ.

Top clubs and top players play well also.Should people not comment on teams and players when they play well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Turtwig wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I think Trippier is a better full back than Walker anyway.

Wonder with all that net spend by all the clubs this season what kind of product we'll get in the EPL next season.

Based on what? 5 games at the end of last season and a season three years ago with burnley? Trippier isnt a bad replacement given the lack of quality full backs and the prices been quoted. But hes not better than walker and thats coming from someone who has watched him since he was 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's their net spend? Also Spurs should be there not United seen as they finished sixth ;)

This is like a parody of a generic Liverpool fan post :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Nolito's in Spain to complete a move to Sevilla. Sanchez rumours to go wild in the next few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

POKERKING wrote: »
    Based on what? 5 games at the end of last season and a season three years ago with burnley? Trippier isnt a bad replacement given the lack of quality full backs and the prices been quoted. But hes not better than walker and thats coming from someone who has watched him since he was 16.

They are basing it on nothing really, even in his five games he didnt look better than Walker

irishman86 wrote: »
    They are basing it on nothing really, even in his five games he didnt look better than Walker

He was very good for Burnley before that aswell.

I think full back is the easiest position of all on the field the replace the impact of so I'd say he'll do a good job replacing Walker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Right back is the least important player (at least left backs who are left footed have some rarity) in the transfer stakes - or should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sanchez wants out of Arsenal according to the Independent. He hopes to join City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sanchez wants out of Arsenal according to the Independent. He hopes to join City.

Poor devil, Be easier for him to transition over to Chelsea tbf.

#justice4Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He's getting held against his will, it's basically slavery!

Get on it Ed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If I was Arsenal I'd ask him which one Birmingham or Leicester? :pac:

He was very good for Burnley before that aswell.

I think full back is the easiest position of all on the field the replace the impact of so I'd say he'll do a good job replacing Walker.

He was good for Burnley not spectacular, Im sure Barcelona thought replacing Alves would be easy :pac:
    Playing well for a small club for means means very little Delph was a england starter at Villa for example and like Trippier isnt a starter at the bigger club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

It's an infringement against his basic human rights!

Please, won't somebody think of this poor man's life.

#justice4Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe Hart: Goalkeeper to have medical at West Ham before loan deal
    England goalkeeper Joe Hart will have a medical on Monday before completing a season-long loan deal with West Ham.

Hart has been told he can find another club by Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola after spending last season at Torino.

It is anticipated City will fund part of Hart's wages and the agreement will include an option for West Ham to buy the 30-year-old.

Hart's City contract is not set to expire until 2019.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40625646?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

You just know that him, Nasri, Bony & Mangala are going to be hard to get rid of permanently. Meanwhile Nolito is gone to Sevilla for 9m euros apparently half what City paid last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/886643945631096832

"Madrid's Danilo agrees terms with Chelsea."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Terrible signing from what I've seen.

He's just not that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think whoever Sanchez signs for wins the league by a comfortable margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Even Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Danilo was phenomenal at Porto. Madrid just didn't seem to work out. Good signing for any team though.

He was good for Burnley not spectacular, Im sure Barcelona thought replacing Alves would be easy :pac:
    Playing well for a small club for means means very little Delph was a england starter at Villa for example and like Trippier isnt a starter at the bigger club

Kyle Walker is no Dani Alves and they did a **** job of trying to replace him as the tried to turn Sergi Roberto into a right back rather than just signing a high quality right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Arsenal would prefer to sell him outside the PL. If they don't get an offer I'd say they'd let him leave for free next season.

There would be mayhem if they sold this summer to United/City/Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Even Arsenal?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No
    So not everybody then:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Why are Chelsea going for Danilo? Are they going to play the best right back in the league as a left back? Where does Alonso go then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Why are Chelsea going for Danilo? Are they going to play the best right back in the league as a left back? Where does Alonso go then?

Assume they'll just drop moses. Or at least rotate him a bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milan have signed 10 players so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

They will continue to play Azpuliqueta in the back 3 with Danillo replacing Moses as the wingback id say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Trippier was excellent for Burnley and if he was to be a regular for spurs he would offer far more going forward than walker. I'd expect atleast 10 assists from him he wouldn't be far off the best crosser of the ball in the league. He does lack the pace of walker which may hinder them a bit defensively though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/calciomercatoit/status/886684729566781442

"Juventus have reached agreement with #Arsenal over #Szczesny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that Milan are talking to Bayern about Renato Sanchez but said there isn't an agreement yet.

So that's 10 players in already, talks for Renato and Milan's sporting director confirmed that they're trying to sign one of Belotti, Morata and Aubameyang.

Approx €225 million spent already and more to come by the sounds of it.

Fuppin hell.

Kyle Walker is no Dani Alves and they did a **** job of trying to replace him as the tried to turn Sergi Roberto into a right back rather than just signing a high quality right back.

Exactly they thought it would be easy to replace him as sure wing back is simple to replace :pac:
    Walker is still a distance ahead of Trippier

• Advertisement

Trippier was excellent for Burnley and if he was to be a regular for spurs he would offer far more going forward than walker. I'd expect atleast 10 assists from him he wouldn't be far off the best crosser of the ball in the league. He does lack the pace of walker which may hinder them a bit defensively though.

He really wasnt excellent, its a word over used. A more apt description is he didnt look out of place in the league. We shall see if Im wrong this season, I dont think I am, the way you go on hes the best rb in the league :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

the way you go on hes the best rb in the league :pac:

He doesn't have much competition for that title tbh!

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    He doesn't have much competition for that title tbh!

Hes not even in the top 10 lets be fair about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I suppose Milans spending is a test of where ffp is and if it is really dead in the water. If they don't get a slap on the wrist for it its pretty much open season for every other club.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He really wasnt excellent, its a word over used. A more apt description is he didnt look out of place in the league. We shall see if Im wrong this season, I dont think I am, the way you go on hes the best rb in the league :pac:

Burnley had a very limited team that year for PL standards so trippiers best attributes his crossing and his passing didn't get utilised and capatilised on. The previous year in the championship he had 15 assists . At spurs that is different he gets the ball in good positions and they have players that can finish. Attacking wise I don't think there is a better rb for end product. As I mentioned his lack of pace can hinder him defensively. However if they go with 3 at the back the set up is ideal for him. He has 1 goal and 6 assists in 1000 minutes of PL football for spurs and last season he had 5 assists in 568 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed that Milan are talking to Bayern about Renato Sanchez but said there isn't an agreement yet.

So that's 10 players in already, talks for Renato and Milan's sporting director confirmed that they're trying to sign one of Belotti, Morata and Aubameyang.

Approx €225 million spent already and more to come by the sounds of it.

Fuppin hell.

Thats a lot of new players, may take a while in getting them all to gel and settle in. Plus their manager might not want half of the players as it seems to be these players are being bought for him, rather than by him.

But yeah, big expectations for Milan this year.

irishman86 wrote:

Of course he is. The current standard in the league at right back is lower than the standard of Transformer movies.

Back to actual transfer news.
    Kondogbia is said to be going on loan to Valencia from Inter. To say he was a massive flop there would be kind to him.

Id tend to agree. Walker was called the best RB in the league by some, but I always felt Spurs looked more solid and dangerous with Tripps in the squad.

Who else would get the nod if not him?

Valencia off Man U maybe, Bellerin off Arsenal perhpas but id say Trippier had a better season.

Clyne off Liverpool hasnt lived up to his expectations, Chelsea havent a regular RB, who else is left.

The standard is poor and Tippier is certainly up there, as is Wlaker even if you dont rate them highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id tend to agree. Walker was called the best RB in the league by some, but I always felt Spurs looked more solid and dangerous with Tripps in the squad.

Who else would get the nod if not him?

Valencia off Man U maybe, Bellerin off Arsenal perhpas but id say Trippier had a better season.

Clyne off Liverpool hasnt lived up to his expectations, Chelsea havent a regular RB, who else is left.

The standard is poor and Tippier is certainly up there, as is Wlaker even if you dont rate them highly.

They're all much of a muchness tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

When Azpilicueta plays right full he's the best by a street. Wherever he plays along the backline he's excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When Azpilicueta plays right full he's the best by a street. Wherever he plays along the backline he's excellent.

Defensively maybe but he doesn't offer the same in attack.

• ESPN reporting Liverpool have had a projected bid of 70 million turned down for Keita.
    Liverpools biggest bid on a player...ever?
    I wouldn't be reading too much in the Red Bull Salzburg performances. Huge money for a guy who's had one season in the Bundesliga (a decent one tbf)

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Defensively maybe but he doesn't offer the same in attack.

And he played as a CB mostly last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

M!Ck^ wrote:
    ESPN reporting Liverpool have had a projected bid of 70 million turned down for Keita. Liverpools biggest bid on a player...ever? I wouldn't be reading too much in the Red Bull Salzburg performances. Huge money for a guy who's had one season in the Bundesliga (a decent one tbf)

Or even Red Bull Leipzig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Officer999

Chelsea have "serious and strong interest' in Sergio Aguero according to sky sources. Breaking news on sky sports news now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement