Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Officer999 wrote: »
    Chelsea have "serious and strong interest' in Sergio Aguero according to sky sources. Breaking news on sky sports news now.

I cant see City giving their best striker ever to a direct rival. Not going to happen.

• Officer999 wrote: »
    Chelsea have "serious and strong interest' in Sergio Aguero according to sky sources. Breaking news on sky sports news now.

SSN failing miserably these days
    Nothing in it and yet it makes headlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ESPN reporting Liverpool have had a projected bid of 70 million turned down for Keita.
    Liverpools biggest bid on a player...ever?
    I wouldn't be reading too much in the Red Bull Salzburg performances. Huge money for a guy who's had one season in the Bundesliga (a decent one tbf)

By all accounts he's the dogs bollocks and if he has another season like his first how much will he go for? I think he actually has a release clause next summer of much less than what Liverpool are offering, he will go then definitely if that's the case. About him having only one good season under his belt it's like Kante, one great season was enough to see what he was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Officer999 wrote: »

Palmeri (the Italian Indykalia) has mentioned it too.

I think its nothing but BS anyway but I cant see Aguero styaing past next season at City, Pep was playing Jesus when he was fit over Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »
    Or even Red Bull Leipzig.

Or even RasenBallsport Leipzig. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea interested in Aguero. Spurs plotting Neymar bid, Arsenal weighing up Messi move, Villa considering Modric approach.
    Silly season is here.

There has to be a random transfer generator in operation somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

JPA wrote: »
    Chelsea interested in Aguero. Spurs plotting Neymar bid, Arsenal weighing up Messi move, Villa considering Modric approach.
    Silly season is here.

I'd be ok with those events transpiring

24F9715500000578-2923275-image-a-31_1422011355697.jpg

#WelcomeLeo

Done deal, easy.

#WelcomeLeo

Done deal, easy.

You had that picture ready very quickly. :pac:

• Advertisement

Bullplop, hes not going to Arsenal

Stoke got their man

1357611065.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sure Stoke don't even need him, Bojan has been labelled the "next Messi" for what seems like twenty years at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Aubamayang and Sanches strongly linked to AC Milan they are spending crazy money this year yet still don't understand them bringing in Borini.

Aubamayang and Sanches strongly linked to AC Milan they are spending crazy money this year yet still don't understand them bringing in Borini.

Even if they were strapped for cash I can understand picking him up. Hes Championship level at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

#WelcomeLeo

Done deal, easy.

You should send that over to the Evening Herald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You should send that over to the Evening Herald
    They'd probably say Lionel Richie is joining Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Even if they were strapped for cash I can understand picking him up. Hes Championship level at best

I think the logic there is that they'll be playing a front 3 and he gives backup right across the frontline.

I'd wager his playing will be very limited thanks to having Suso, Bonaventura, Silva, Bacca, Niang and possibly one of Belloti/Morata/Aubamayang to compete with.

Even is Bacca and Niang are out the door I don't see Borini getting near the pitch unless there's a massive injury crisis.

That said, Milan have a history recently of picking up cast offs and getting the best out of them.

Muntari, Boateng, Suso and a few others weren't exactly doing amazingly before Milan picked them up and they all did pretty well at the San Siro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Or even Red Bull Leipzig.

He played for Red Bull Salzburg before moving to RB Leipzig at the beginning of last season. Mick is saying that he wouldn't be reading too much in to his performances before moving to the Bundesliga as it's huge money to spend on someone with one season in the top leagues.

In fairness he has had a cracking season but do I think he is worth 70m based on what he has done so far. Do I fûck! It's madness for a club with limited finances like Liverpool to be spending that amount on someone that has only being playing one season at the top level. An absolutely huge risk to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

astradave wrote: »
    He played for Red Bull Salzburg before moving to RB Leipzig at the beginning of last season. Mick is saying that he wouldn't be reading too much in to his performances before moving to the Bundesliga as it's huge money to spend on someone with one season in the top leagues.

In fairness he has had a cracking season but do I think he is worth 70m based on what he has done so far. Do I fûck! It's madness for a club with limited finances like Liverpool to be spending that amount on someone that has only being playing one season at the top level. An absolutely huge risk to take.

Well if you compare him to Pogba in his season before he joined United they both come out quite close. Also if Kieta is got for £70m that's £20-£30m less than Pogba fee so might not be such a bad signing.

(The pass completion stat must be wrong for both players).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ERG89 wrote: »
    Of course he is. The current standard in the league at right back is lower than the standard of Transformer movies.

Back to actual transfer news.
    Kondogbia is said to be going on loan to Valencia from Inter. To say he was a massive flop there would be kind to him.

He really isnt, hes only talked about it because hes at Spurs where he is a sub. This will be his first season starting and we shall see how long thats the case

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id tend to agree. Walker was called the best RB in the league by some, but I always felt Spurs looked more solid and dangerous with Tripps in the squad.

Who else would get the nod if not him?

Valencia off Man U maybe, Bellerin off Arsenal perhpas but id say Trippier had a better season.

Clyne off Liverpool hasnt lived up to his expectations, Chelsea havent a regular RB, who else is left.

The standard is poor and Tippier is certainly up there, as is Wlaker even if you dont rate them highly.

Clyne is 100% ahead of him as is Bellerin. Valencia in his first season at rb looked better than him. Azp... at Chelsea ahead of him and Moses was brilliant last season. Coleman miles ahead of him. Walker, Cedric etc Im sure there is more

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well if you compare him to Pogba in his season before he joined United they both come out quite close. Also if Kieta is got for £70m that's £20-£30m less than Pogba fee so might not be such a bad signing.

Im not talking about their stats tbf, I admitted he had a great season. Pogba had 3-4 seasons playing at the top level before he moved on. I'm just saying that it's a huge risk for Liverpool to take on a player that has had one season playing in the Bundesliga.

Also Pogba cost 89m and Keita is going to cost more than 70m this season. Ye are better off waiting it out and trying to get him for the release clause that kicks in next year. Would also give ye a further year to see how he does

Im not talking about their stats tbf, I admitted he had a great season. Pogba had 3-4 seasons playing at the top level before he moved on. I'm just saying that it's a huge risk for Liverpool to take on a player that has had one season playing in the Bundesliga.

Also Pogba cost 89m and Keita is going to cost more than 70m this season. Ye are better off waiting it out and trying to get him for the release clause that kicks in next year. Would also give ye a further year to see how he does

Pogba had a much better midfield playing with him as well though, especially a very experienced Pirlo to help him develop.

The way transfer fees are gone £70m (I think it's €70m Liverpool offered) isn't that high. John Stones and Kyle Walker for £50m show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The problem with that is another great season and more clubs will be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Strange that people are doubting Keita. The guy is a gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Not strange as not many people follow German football to the degree required in my opinion to qualify this guy as good value at 70 million euro or whatever fee is being bandied about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think Liverpool are worried his release clause next year will see more competition offering him a lot more money so are hoping to tie him up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well that's not really like for like as Pogba was playing in Europe and internationally at a higher level than Keita that season and in a more defensive and tactically oriented league.

He'd be a great signing more than likely but it is a bigger risk and likely a higher percentage of Liverpool's budget than Pogba to United was. With less marketability being an obvious gap closer too.

Liam O wrote: »
    Well that's not really like for like as Pogba was playing in Europe and internationally at a higher level than Keita that season and in a more defensive and tactically oriented league.

He'd be a great signing more than likely but it is a bigger risk and likely a higher percentage of Liverpool's budget than Pogba to United was. With less marketability being an obvious gap closer too.

Yes he was playing in Europe but like the stats posted above show both players league performances for the season before they left were very similar. Pogba was playing in a better team than Kieta so Kieta stats are even more impressive.

Look I'm not saying one player is better than the other or either player is worth any sort of fee like was payed or expected to be paid but if Klopp wants Keita then it's be good to see him sign.

Personally I'd like to see him join but I'd prefer to see a CB and LB signed first because we're weakest along the back.

• I really don't get the why Pogba has to be brought into this. (Like he practically is for every midfielder discussion).
    On Pogba: He's technically a better player by a mile. And in turn brings massive marketing to boot.

On Kieta:
    70 million for potential is a risk and a whole lot of money.
    In particular for Liverpool but that's the market that exists now. And I'd agree with the sentiment that if they do wait on him he will go to a big club if his good form continues. Nothing to say he can't get to the level of Pogbas ability.

I really don't get the why Pogba has to be brought into this. (Like he practically is for every midfielder discussion).
    On Pogba: He's technically a better player by a mile. And in turn brings massive marketing to boot.

On Kieta:
    70 million for potential is a risk and a whole lot of money.
    In particular for Liverpool but that's the market that exists now. And I'd agree with the sentiment that if they do wait on him he will go to a big club if his good form continues. Nothing to say he can't get to the level of Pogbas ability.

What Im gleaming from all this is for Liverpool fans they think Kieta is a better player (based on nothing) and that for 70 million he will be a bargain :pac:
    For me I think he is a good player but you cant compare him to Pogba outside of the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why is no one else looking kieta? I've never seen him play but if he's that good surely a big club would be looking him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why is no one else looking kieta? I've never seen him play but if he's that good surely a big club would be looking him?

Shhh to many Liverpool is still a big club ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So a season in the Austrian league and a decent season in Germany equates to what Pogba has accomplished and is considered value at £70 million compared to 89 million?

I mean come on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So a season in the Austrian league and a decent season in Germany equates to what Pogba has accomplished and is considered value at £70 million compared to 89 million?

I mean come on now.
    Well what I read in here is that his season at Liepzig is comparable to Pogba's last season at Juventus. I didn't read anybody saying he is worth the same as Pogba.

eh i dunno wrote: »

Because everyone else knows they can sign him for €50m next summer, I'd say lots of the big teams are saying why pay the extra €20m now.

If Liverpool don't get him this summer then it's far less likely they'll sign him the following summer if the likes of Dortmund, A Madrid, Barca, Real etc are in for him unless Liverpool go on a very good run in the CL and PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I imagine the club are thinking that if he has another good season then despite his lower release clause there will be a whole host of top clubs after him. Plus Liverpool may or may not be in the CL the season after next.

I imagine the club are thinking that if he has another good season then despite his lower release clause there will be a whole host of top clubs after him. Plus Liverpool may or may not be in the CL the season after next.

That's fair enough. I still think it's a massive risk to take from a Finance point of view.

On the other hand the club need to show that they are supporting the manager after he got them into the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

According to SSN just now, PSG are willing to meet Neymar's £195m release clause, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

There was a fair bit of talk about Inter needing to meet FFP rules before the end of June. But I thought Financial Fair Play had been done away with a few years back. And if not, how come the likes of Man City are able to go on huge spending sprees now without it being mentioned, yet a few years back they were always struggling to meet the FFP rules?

• Advertisement

There was a fair bit of talk about Inter needing to meet FFP rules before the end of June. But I thought Financial Fair Play had been done away with a few years back. And if not, how come the likes of Man City are able to go on huge spending sprees now without it being mentioned, yet a few years back they were always struggling to meet the FFP rules?

City signed a load of sponsorship deals over the last few years with Abu Dhabi companies I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

City signed a load of sponsorship deals over the last few years with Abu Dhabi companies I think.

Really? I can't name one since 2014. Not saying they haven't but it has been sponsors like Nissan, SAP, Nexen that City have been adding. The Abu Dhabi sponsorship has taken a back seat the last few years.

rwbug wrote: »
    Really? I can't name one since 2014. Not saying they haven't but it has been sponsors like Nissan, SAP, Nexen that City have been adding. The Abu Dhabi sponsorship has taken a back seat the last few years.

Are they that far back? I thought they were more recent than 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Net spend so far...

wZ46fSk.jpg

Not sure how accurate it is, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

It might have been accurate at one point in the transfer window - but it is now well out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rwbug wrote: »
    It might have been accurate at one point in the transfer window - but it is now well out of date.

It's says the date on it, 1 week out of date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

JPA wrote: »
    It's says the date on it, 1 week out of date

That's well out of date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/887288738841317376

BREAKING: @Aubameyang7 to stay at @BVB this summer - Sky in Germany. #SSN
    1:31 PM - 18 Jul 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

BREAKING! There is no news #SSN

• Funny because he wasn't going anywhere in the first place. Sky are desperate. Same with Perisic nonsense

Funny because he wasn't going anywhere in the first place. Sky are desperate. Same with Perisic nonsense

He was meant to go to PSG but wanted 200k a week, net.

If PSG are balking at that wage you can bet no other team is going to be able to pay him similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement