Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/887295271843090433

"Chelsea's longest-serving professional player is Matej Delac.

He's been loaned out nine times and never made an appearance for Chelsea."

Chelsea really do hoard players, loan them out ad infinitum and then eventually sell them on.

Chelsea site has a special page for their loanees...
    Currently counts 37 names.
    The Manpower or Adecco of the football world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Iago wrote: »
    indeed

lol, busted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Quazzie wrote: »
    I love how in the last six weeks Lukaku has gone from a decent goal-getter but not much else to suddenly being world class. It's embarrassing to see some people fawning over him now claiming he is suddenly the second coming.

Thats funny because I find its gone the other direction, now hes nothing but average :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lukaku? Sure he's sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh Quazzie lol. Pure scarlet for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Iago wrote: »
    indeed
    Can you point out where I ever said he wasn't good. I'm simply stating it's only now that a LOT of United fans are coming around to the same thought.

I've always stated he will get goals, and he is exactly the strong type of striker I wanted Arsenal to buy. I'm not sure how he'll tie in with Mourinho's system tho, but time will answer that question.

Can you point out where I ever said he wasn't good. I'm simply stating it's only now that a LOT of United fans are coming around to the same thought.

I've always stated he will get goals, and he is exactly the strong type of striker I wanted Arsenal to buy. I'm not sure how he'll tie in with Mourinho's system tho, but time will answer that question.

That's bs. What's your sample size? 1 or 2 fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A woeful attempt at back tracking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/ESPNagora/status/888021221316669440

Diego Costa going to Atletico and being loaned to AC Milan for 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Milan won't just have a new 11, they will have a whole new squad at this rate :D

• Advertisement

Read the United forum even yesterday evening people were saying they weren't sure would Morata have been a better buy. No big swing in opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So hold on? He's loaned to Milan until January and then Atleti sign him?

Can Atleti sign him now even though they have a transfer ban and loan him out?

How does this work? What happens if he gets injured playing for Milan? would they let him play in the EL for Milan and be cuptied for the CL in the new year?

I don't see this happening. More chance of what Barca did with Turan and signing him and he just doesn't play for 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So hold on? He's loaned to Milan until January and then Atleti sign him?

Can Atleti sign him now even though they have a transfer ban and loan him out?

How does this work? What happens if he gets injured playing for Milan? would they let him play in the EL for Milan and be cuptied for the CL in the new year?

I don't see this happening. More chance of what Barca did with Turan and signing him and he just doesn't play for 6 months.

Atletico have already signed Vitolo and loaned him out to Las Palmas.
    Why can't they do the same here.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Mad. What's the point of transfer bans at all if it's this easy to get around them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Boo. They are just Southampton wannabees.

#AnnounceTaylor

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

West Ham doing decent business this summer too with Hart,Arnautovic and more than likely Chicarito coming in. Can't get over the money being spent this summer very exciting transfer market, Everton going to splash on Sigurdson and ship out Barkley ? Surely he's off to Spurs or have any other clubs showed interest?

West Ham doing decent business this summer too with Hart,Arnautovic and more than likely Chicarito coming in. Can't get over the money being spent this summer very exciting transfer market, Everton going to splash on Sigurdson and ship out Barkley ? Surely he's off to Spurs or have any other clubs showed interest?

Why wouldn't West Ham have plenty of money to spend with that crazy stadium deal they got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Barkley is injured so will not go anywhere any time soon i reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

As pointed out when Barca had that ban, it's actually a registration ban as opposed to a transfer ban. They can only register players that were at the club at the moment when the ban came in, iirc. They can sign players all they want but won't be able to register, i.e. make them eligible to play, until the ban's finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

inforfun wrote: »
    Barkley is injured so will not go anywhere any time soon i reckon.
    Not only that, but the seemingly complete and utter lack of interest in him from any other clubs might make him reconsider and sign the new contract with Everton (assuming it is still on the table).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Johnmb wrote: »
    Not only that, but the seemingly complete and utter lack of interest in him from any other clubs might make him reconsider and sign the new contract with Everton (assuming it is still on the table).

I don't think he would start for any of last seasons top 6. If Everton could get siggy it would be an upgrade for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Not quite, they gave Vitolo the money to buy out his Sevilla contract, Vitolo then signed a 6 month contract with Las Palmas. Atletico cannot register players so would have no way to sign and loan them out.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not quite, they gave Vitolo the money to buy out his Sevilla contract, Vitolo then signed a 6 month contract with Las Palmas. Atletico cannot register players so would have no way to sign and loan them out.

Atletico signed Vitolo and announced on their website too, that he will be on loan at Las Palmas till Jan 1st.

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/agreement-with-vitolo-until-2022

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Atletico signed Vitolo and announced on their website too, that he will be on loan at Las Palmas till Jan 1st.

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/agreement-with-vitolo-until-2022

Yea, he is not on loan to Las Palmas from Atletico, they have found a way around the system. No where does it say that he is on loan from Atletico to Las Palmas.

He is not registered as an Atletico player so he cannot be loaned out by them. It is a clever piece of business and needed Las Palmas and Vitolo to be on board. If they had bought Vitolo he would not have been able to go anywhere on loan.

• Advertisement

Monaco have report Man City and PSG to FIFA over Mbappe apparently, they released a statement today

https://twitter.com/skysports_bryan/status/888053820198191104

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea, he is not on loan to Las Palmas from Atletico, they have found a way around the system. No where does it say that he is on loan from Atletico to Las Palmas.

He is not registered as an Atletico player so he cannot be loaned out by them. It is a clever piece of business and needed Las Palmas and Vitolo to be on board. If they had bought Vitolo he would not have been able to go anywhere on loan.

Not sure what's so hard to understand. Obviously Atletico are banned from registering players but Vitolo is Atletico player and signed contract till 2022. They haven't explicitly mentioned loan but it's obvious what they mean when they say player will play at Las Palmas till Jan 1st.
    Atlco de Madrid has reached an agreement with Vor MachPerez, Vitolo, for the next five years after the football player rescinded his contract with Sevilla Fútbol Club. Due to FIFA’s sanction that forbids the club from registering football players during the current summer market, the player will play the first half of the season with Unieportiva Las Palmas and will join our team starting on January 1st, 2018. The Spanish international has signed with our club until the 30th of June of 2022.

He has already signed contract at Atletico, so he is Atletico player. Barca had the option to loan out Turan but they didn't. Maybe they thought training with Barca is better.

Load of teams loan out players right after signing them.

Nothing new here.

Load of teams loan out players right after signing them.

Nothing new here.

They don't tend to have transfer bans though...

They don't tend to have transfer bans though...

What's that got to do with anything?

They really should be called registration bans as that is what they are.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure what's so hard to understand. Obviously Atletico are banned from registering players but Vitolo is Atletico player and signed contract till 2022.

He has already signed contract at Atletico, so he is Atletico player. Barca had the option to loan out Turan but they didn't. Maybe they thought training with Barca is better.

I don't know the in's & out's of every detail but the fact is he is not on loan from Atletico to Las Palmas. It was a complicated process they have gone through to by pass the ban to allow Vitolo play football for 6 months.

To be able to be on loan you need to be registered to a parent club, as Vitolo is not registered to Atletico they cannot loan him. Obviously his contract is signed and sealed with Atletico but probably something simple like your start date is 01/01/18 and he has signed a 6 month contract with Las Palmas in the mean time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Johnmb wrote: »

I reckon he leaves Everton either way in the next 12 months.I don't see the fuss over him either but at the right price he may move.On a free next season I'd say most clubs will be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

astradave wrote:
    Monaco have report Man City and PSG to FIFA over Mbappe apparently, they released a statement today

Lol. Real have probably done 10 times as much unsavoury advances towards him but after yesterday there is only one place he goes next and it ain't Paris or Manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ERG89 wrote: »
    Lol. Real have probably done 10 times as much unsavoury advances towards him but after yesterday there is only one place he goes next and it ain't Paris or Manchester

Real Madrid have been named as well, the list is PSG, City, Madrid and a mystery club. Could be Liverpool - it's the sort of underhand carry on the club is now famous for! However FIFA have not received a compliant so maybe this is just a hands off warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd guess the mystery club is Arsenal unless they are the only club Monaco gave permission to hold talks with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Real Madrid have been named as well, the list is PSG, City, Madrid and a mystery club. Could be Liverpool - it's the sort of underhand carry on the club is now famous for! However FIFA have not received a compliant so maybe this is just a hands off warning.

Harry I doubt we've even been in contact for Mbappe. He was always going to a club above us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

I'd guess the mystery club is Arsenal unless they are the only club Monaco gave permission to hold talks with him.

There was a report in France Football recently about Wenger speaking to Mbappe around the time of the France v England game and tried to convince him of the merits of joining.

Unless Arsenal had permission, what Wenger did is against the rules. He also spoke to him the previous year when he was apparently at his house.

Liverpool also have history of this with Van Dijk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There was a report in France Football recently about Wenger speaking to Mbappe around the time of the France v England game and tried to convince him of the merits of joining.

Unless Arsenal had permission, what Wenger did is against the rules. He also spoke to him the previous year when he was apparently at his house.

Liverpool also have history of this with Van Dijk.
    Liverpool never ever met VvD in Wengers house, it was on a rollercoaster in Blackpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I doubt it. Wenger was at the gaff last year to try and get Mbappe (add him to the list) and considering he won Monaco a few trophies back in the day, he probably has a decent relationship with them.

• Advertisement

French media and all the reliable Barca related media reporting that Neymar has left the training camp in the USA and is headed to Paris with his father on a private jet.

Looks like his move to PSG is on after all.

https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/888137043980767233

"Agreement between PSG and Sanchez,they will offer £45 million".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Neymar to Arsenal then. Wenger you aul genius.

PSG buying Neymar and Sanchez at the one time?? Unlucky Alexis lol. Guess who's not going to get too much attention if that happens.

That said, I'd almost say I'd prefer Sanchez. Great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Hopefully Neymar and Sanchez go to PSG.

A front 3 of Neymar,Sanhez and Cavani would be something else.Could get close to 150 goals in the league with that combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

The move of African Nations Cup to June and July from 2019 onwards will mean clubs will be even more encouraged to sign African talent than players from the home nations or Europe as they wont be missing out on top players been away in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku > Morata. That's a discussion I'm surprised to see taking place on here but then again I probably shouldn't be.

CSF wrote: »
    Lukaku > Morata. That's a discussion I'm surprised to see taking place on here but then again I probably shouldn't be.

How do you figure that out? I see it is impossible to call at this stage with very little comparable play time. Lukaku has way more goals scored but Morata played less time. Lukaku played for a much weaker team, Morata is playing with a monster team who score mental amounts of goals with him or without him.

I wouldn't say it was a delusion to claim one was better than the other either way until we see them both starting for big club in the same league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd imagine if you asked either set of fans a few weeks ago who they prefer it would be a toss up to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Maybe wait until the end of the season or a few games at least to state proclamations otherwise it just looks childish

Advertisement