Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Benfica must be delighted.

Ederson is uncapped & only had one season as Benfica's #1. It is an insane transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City stealing a march early on.

Best thing to do TBH, get your business done as early as possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gav, what's Chelse's window looking like so far? Not read a thing about who ye are targeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/869105992696557568

PSG have opened talks with Aubameyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City stealing a march early on.

Best thing to do TBH, get your business done as early as possible.

not many clubs who could afford 45 million on a largely untested keeper. They are a special case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I was hoping Guardiola would be stubborn and stick with Bravo :(

Morzadec wrote: »

It's okay, he still has Stones in defence.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's a crazy transfer fee for a young unproven goalkeeper. Makes you wonder how much De Gea will actually go for. Man City wasting no time, getting their business done early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

MD1990 wrote: »
    Benfica must be delighted.

Ederson is uncapped & only had one season as Benfica's #1. It is an insane transfer fee.

It is but he has massive potential, he will be Brazils #1 for years

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gav, what's Chelse's window looking like so far? Not read a thing about who ye are targeting.

Lukaku seems to be the only one thats consisteny metioned and thats been going on for few weeks now. Drogba ad Hazard have both alluded to it but it seems like a board signing and not a Conte one and i cant see it being done early either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

As a city fan ederson looks like a dud, nothing from youtube(i know) videos fills me with confidence.

However we need a keeper and he cant be worse than Bravo, i dont know if he is the answer but i know who isnt the answer and thats hart pickford and butland etc....

So i guess wait and see....

POKERKING wrote: »
    As a city fan ederson looks like a dud, nothing from youtube(i know) videos fills me with confidence.

However we need a keeper and he cant be worse than Bravo, i dont know if he is the answer but i know who isnt the answer and thats hart pickford and butland etc....

So i guess wait and see....

Id agree on Hart and Pickford but Butland is a quality GK. First and foremost you need your GK to be able to keep clean sheets, if hes good with his feet or very game aware and active, its a plus.

A good coaching team can get more from a GK too that makes them more comfortable on the ball. Courtois has improved his short game a lot under the new GK coach Conte brought in, hes not as pro-active as Neuer but with the ball under his feet hes more comfortable and can pick out 20 yard passes a lot better now, thats been coached into him with drills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Morzadec wrote: »

It's a crazy transfer fee for a goalkeeper with Ederson. I had forgotten that Bravo cost City £17m last summer, the 4th most expensive keeper ever and what a complete dud he was. Guardiola will have to win the league or champions league next season with the obscene amount of money he is spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's a crazy transfer fee for a goalkeeper with Ederson. I had forgotten that Bravo cost City ?17m last summer, the 4th most expensive keeper ever and what a complete dud he was. Guardiola will have to win the league or champions league next season with the obscene amount of money he is spending.

I confess to knowing nothing about Ederson. I can only assume he's better than Bravo though as you can't really get much worse.

He's also 6'2 which isn't tall for a keeper but is still better than Bravo who imo is just too short to be a keeper in the Premier League in the modern game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are buy back clauses allowed in England? They are not far off shared ownership.

• Advertisement

Mancini to take over as Zenith manager. That should be a taker for City's cast offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly beaten Manchester United to the signing of the ‘Turkish Dybala‘ Cengiz ?nder, according to Turkish radio station Radyospor.

The 19-year-old forward, who currently plays for Turkish Super Lig side Basaksehir, has scored nine goals and assisted seven in all competitions in the 2016/17 campaign.

Any idea about this kid, folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly beaten Manchester United to the signing of the ‘Turkish Dybala‘ Cengiz ?nder, according to Turkish radio station Radyospor.

The 19-year-old forward, who currently plays for Turkish Super Lig side Basaksehir, has scored nine goals and assisted seven in all competitions in the 2016/17 campaign.

Any idea about this kid, folks?

There's are some question marks about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Sterling must be crying in his pillow not being named as part of the devastating attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Poor Sterling must be crying in his pillow not being named as part of the devastating attack.

Nah he'll be right back. Brendan Rodgers was right all along. Dr Bruyne at left back & Kolarov in the middle. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They already have a devastating attack, should they not be focusing on their defence? Could probably do with a left and right back and a top centre back to steady Stones at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    They already have a devastating attack, should they not be focusing on their defence? Could probably do with a left and right back and a top centre back to steady Stones at the very least.

It's looking very difficult for any other team to match their attacking power. If he can get good business done on the defence they will be my tips for the title. I agree that two full-backs and a central defender would look to be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Another few hundred million pounds should start to address those weaknesses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Maybe going for the ol we'll score more than you plan :pac:. Even their supposed defender links are attacking heavy backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cheeky bid?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

2 FBs will be bought and a keeper.They might chance Kompany for another year when fit(:eek:) he is still one of thebest around.

They have an excellent attack but will be interesting to see how he manages to fit them all in/keep lads happy.

Whoever get's the DM job is going to be busy.

yabadabado wrote: »
    2 FBs will be bought and a keeper.They might chance Kompany for another year when fit(:eek:) he is still one of thebest around.

They have an excellent attack but will be interesting to see how he manages to fit them all in/keep lads happy.

Whoever get's the DM job is going to be busy.

MEN are reporting that While Pep was impressed with Kompany when he came back he still doesn't trust his injury record so a CB is one of the priorities to play alongside Stones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

astradave wrote: »
    MEN are reporting that While Pep was impressed with Kompany when he came back he still doesn't trust his injury record so a CB is one of the priorities to play alongside Stones

So GK, CB, full backs, CM and attacking players.

No position is a priority for Pep tbh. He is overhauling the squad in pretty much every position.

Wouldn't surprise me if City buy 6 or 7 players this summer and all of them for big money and to be first team regulars.
    Very few of this season's starters will probably get games.

• Advertisement

Kompany made a huge impact in the time he came back. Even Otamendi started showing some of his Valencia form. Can't rely on him though. Laporte is a name being thrown around on twitter.

Burial. wrote: »
    Kompany made a huge impact in the time he came back. Even Otamendi started showing some of his Valencia form. Can't rely on him though. Laporte is a name being thrown around on twitter.

Bonucci is the name in the Italian circles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

astradave wrote: »
    Bonucci is the name in the Italian circles

He was mentioned last summer aswell but personal I don't think he falls into the age scheme the Peps signing are going.
    I say Sanchez and then 1 cb and 1 Rb and 1Lb and keeper, can't see much more, that's 6 signings.

He was mentioned last summer aswell but personal I don't think he falls into the age scheme the Peps signing are going.
    I say Sanchez and then 1 cb and 1 Rb and 1Lb and keeper, can't see much more, that's 6 signings.

6 signs is huge but if it doesn't click from the start then the pressure is on.Thats a lot of new players to integrate in one summer.

Maybe he will go for Daniel Sanhcez at Ajax
    , he would fit the style they are going for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Kind of feel Pep should at least give Bravo another season. He's proven himself in the past. Keylor Navas had a very awkward start to his season for Madrid coming back from injury. His form these past few weeks has been absolutely amazing.

Bravo was a huge part in Chile's, Barca's and Sociadad's squads. While I know he's not getting any younger. I do think buying a goalie who's not really proven himself at Benfica yet is a bizarre decision if you're offloading Willy and Bravo. Then again if there's one thing you could very strongly criticise about Pep it's his transfer policies. City need defenders and a Busquets/Casemiro type player.

Perisic to United sounds a very good deal imo. United actually have a solid base. One or two decent attackers and they'll be a very potent side.

Arsenal desperately need a strong replacement for Sanchez and a midfielder.

Chelsea probably need to look at replacing Willian, Pedro, Alonso and Moses. The latter two in particular have looked very limited when teams have match 3-4-3 by being compact and direct.

Liverpool, well, they like City need a whole new backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Turtwig wrote: »

Just a centre-half to consign Lovren to back-up and a left-back really. Milner did pretty well at LB but ran out of gas towards the end of the season due to his age more than anything.

Clyne will be RB but I'd expect TAA to get more game-time there next season. Matip had a good season overall. Just a bit stop-start due to some niggly injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kind of feel Pep should at least give Bravo another season. He's proven himself in the past. Keylor Navas had a very awkward start to his season for Madrid coming back from injury. His form these past few weeks has been absolutely amazing.

Bravo was a huge part in Chile's, Barca's and Sociadad's squads. While I know he's not getting any younger. I do think buying a goalie who's not really proven himself at Benfica yet is a bizarre decision if you're offloading Willy and Bravo. Then again if there's one thing you could very strongly criticise about Pep it's his transfer policies. City need defenders and a Busquets/Casemiro type player.

Perisic to United sounds a very good deal imo. United actually have a solid base. One or two decent attackers and they'll be a very potent side.

Arsenal desperately need a strong replacement for Sanchez and a midfielder.

Chelsea probably need to look at replacing Willian, Pedro, Alonso and Moses. The latter two in particular have looked very limited when teams have match 3-4-3 by being compact and direct.

What a bizarre post.

Chelsea who won the league at a canter need to make wholesale changes while United who finished 6th just need an attacker or 2.

Jack-Wilshere.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not a transfer per se but spaletti and Roma have "parted ways"

• Advertisement

Alonso was terrific for Chelsea and central to a lot of their work. Would be crazy to consider replacing him.

I dont know about replacing the WB's, theyve had issues but I'd consider a replacement for Matic or Costa to be the most important issue for us this summer.

I'd love an upgrade on the RW for either of those mentioned, a player thats like Hazard but thats going to cost 60+ million, Pedro managed 9 goals and 9 assists this year which is pretty good TBH, Willian only got 8 goals and 2 assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

I see Tuchel has left Dortmund. Surprised to read that. Wonder where he's headed...

RockSalto wrote: »
    I see Tuchel has left Dortmund. Surprised to read that. Wonder where he's headed...

Doesn't look like it's going to be Arsenal anyways, Wenger supposedly agreed a 2 year contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Inter or Milan maybe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Begovic to Bournemouth for ?10m apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

RockSalto wrote: »

Not a surprise to anyone following German football closely. The story broke a few weeks ago that he was going to leave after the cup final. Personal differences between himself and those behind the scenes at Dortmund. Not much support from the players either.

Solanke on the way to Liverpool, hopefully gets a chance there, from watching him briefly in Holland I thought he would have made it at Chelsea

irishman86 wrote: »
    Solanke on the way to Liverpool, hopefully gets a chance there, from watching him briefly in Holland I thought he would have made it at Chelsea

Tammy Abrahams break out season at Bristol just gone, has all but ended Solankes chances at Chelsea, that and him asking for a reported 50k a week didnt help. :o

TBH, hes no big loss, Abraham looks a better prospect (not that he could easily end up sold in 3 years) and with another loan under his belt, he should be ready for senior football with Chelsea.

Solankes a good goal scorer but if he feels he has a quicker route to first team PL football elsewhere, you cant really begrudge him a move.

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/869538181242335232

City going full Muppet.

"As far as I know it's Ederson, Walker, Bonucci, Mendy, Silva, Alexis and maybe another forward (Mbappe?). There'll be more but I dunno them".

City looing to replicate the tried and tested 2-5-3 formation it seems. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement