Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    That's a steal in this transfer window. Though he did refuse to sign a new contract recently.

Would have loved to see United go for him.Good player with loads of potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No one with a life follows Serie A ;)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

pjohnson wrote: »
    When you axe all your FB's it will lead to desperate times.

He inherited zab, sagna,Clichy and kolorav he was always going to have to sign a few full backs in his first couple of years would be poor management if he didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Danilo can play CM & LB too.

He really cant, hes a rwb not even a rb as in defence hes meh. Juve picked the best of the two with Alex Sandro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A €220m transfer the football world has gone fcuking mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Still better value than £35 million for Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No comeback there I have :( Although Stewart Downing is for me still the worst big money transfer (like when £20m was big money) Liverpool made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I mean, if Lukaku and Morata are worth 70/80/90/whatever it actually is, then Neymar is easily 200+. Plus it's his buyout, Barca won't willingly sell him.

• Advertisement

With inflation that transfer is probably worth £300m in today's money :P

If Pogba, Lukaku and Morata are in the £70m to £90m bracket, Neymar is definitely worth near £200m. I actually cant believe I'm typing that, £200m for a bloody footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

rob316 wrote: »
    If Pogba, Lukaku and Morata are in the £70m to £90m bracket, Neymar is definitely worth near £200m. I actually cant believe I'm typing that, £200m for a bloody footballer.

Insane.

Effectively you are paying £200 million to lease him for 6 or 7 years and also having to pay about about £200 million is wages to him.

I do wonder will it ever get to the stage where team owners say enough is enough and enforce an trade only system across european football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Andy Robertson signs for Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/888412859738271744

Like the serial killer vibe he gives off with the prolonged smile at the end there. We're missing that kind of edge in our team. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Effectively you are paying £200 million to lease him for 6 or 7 years and also having to pay about about £200 million is wages to him.

I suppose if he wins them a Champions League or two, they won't care and ultimately will recoup most of that.

Personally think its a shame to see someone about to enter his prime go to France but I do see why players must be tempted. Its a short window to make a lot of money for him, and he'll win a load of trophies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Nonsense.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

What part?

What part?

Pogba part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I remember praying that wouldn't go through, same when Liverpool were rumoured to be after Carlton Cole on deadline day under Woy.

The big problem for Barca is everyone they want will cost more. They'd be fools not to insist on Verratti coming the other way. Dembele seems an obvious target but Dortmund will request a crazy fee. It's fantasy football but if they tried to get those 2 & someone like Dybala they'd be laughing. (Obviously with a few more quid)
    Knowing Barca they will end up with Chamberlain, Kondogbia & Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

ERG89 wrote: »

I remember praying that wouldn't go through, same when Liverpool were rumoured to be after Carlton Cole on deadline day under Woy.

The big problem for Barca is everyone they want will cost more. They'd be fools not to insist on Verratti coming the other way. Dembele seems an obvious target but Dortmund will request a crazy fee. It's fantasy football but if they tried to get those 2 & someone like Dybala they'd be laughing. (Obviously with a few more quid)

All out for mbappe seems an obvious good fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Insane.

I do wonder will it ever get to the stage where team owners say enough is enough and enforce an trade only system across european football.

A Dutch site calculated that that deal is over half a billion euro, fee and salary combined.

Half a billion.

Already had a giggle last year when Feyenoord beat Utd in the EL group and it was mentioned Utd spend more that summer than Feyenoord in its entire history.
    I ll be laughing myself in a coma if PSG and Feyenoord end up in the same group and Feyenoord beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Virgil Van Dijk is training alone as he tells Pellegrino that he wants to leave.

https://t.co/h8WhVBaOq2

Pogba part.

I'm confused all I said was he was in the 70m to 90m brscket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was last year though, fee's are even crazier this season. Pogba would probably fetch around £120m if he was sold this year by Juve.

No you said if Pogba is in 70-90 M bracket then Neymar is worth 200 plus million, as if Pogba is some donkey. Pogba was also in FIFA 11 of the year before he joined ManUtd. He was one of the best CMs in the world and there was a reason why every big club was interested in him.

I'd have to ask how much is Neymar's dad getting in a brown paper bag.

No you said if Pogba is in 70-90 M bracket then Neymar is worth 200 plus million, as if Pogba is some donkey. Pogba was also in FIFA 11 of the year before he joined ManUtd. He was one of the best CMs in the world and there was a reason why every big club was interested in him.

Touchy aren't we.

Every big club? United had zero competition for his signature I don't know what your talking about.

Neymar is on another level to Pogba. You think Pogba was cheap so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Again I had to check which seasons transfer thread this was......Pogba isn't moving again is he? WTF is he used for in every situation by some people? Get a room lads.

Actual transfers from this year if ye can drag yourselves from the past.

De Boer has confirmed Riedelwald to Crystal Palace.

Neymar really isnt that much if at all better than Pogba.

ERG89 wrote: »

They cant insist on anything, PSG are activating a buy out clause

• Advertisement

We have come along way from Giuseppe Savoldi to Neymar.

Though 2 billion Lira does sound better than €220m

Yes but as youve surely learned now that he plays for United hes pretty much Glenn Whelan level :pac:

Touchy aren't we.

Every big club? United had zero competition for his signature I don't know what your talking about.

Neymar is on another level to Pogba. You think Pogba was cheap so?

Zero competition? lol, Chelsea and City tried before ManUtd even entered the scene. Madrid and Barca were also in for him.

In the end Madrid couldn't meet the wages paid by ManUtd.

Pogba wasn''t cheap but considering Liverpool are desperate for a CB for 60 plus million and ready to pay more than 60 Million for a player who had 1 good season, it's a good price for Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

irishman86 wrote: »

Neymar really isnt that much if at all better than Pogba.

Jesus Fcuking Christ. Just no.

Neymar is by far the better player. Someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and change it to your advantage. Pogba is very good but just not consistently at or near Neymar's level. He's a step or two at least below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why?

Oh, that was sarcasm.

SM01 wrote: »
    Jesus Fcuking Christ. Just no.

Neymar is by far the better player. Someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and change it to your advantage. Pogba is very good but just not consistently at or near Neymar's level. He's a step or two at least below.

Neymar really isnt a grab a game by the scruff of the neck guy though. People say all the time Pogba was poor last year ignoring the fact had a few of his crossbar goals gone in he was the best midfielder in the league. So yes hes very much at Neymar level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Neymar really isnt a grab a game by the scruff of the neck guy though. People say all the time Pogba was poor last year ignoring the fact had a few of his crossbar goals gone in he was the best midfielder in the league. So yes hes very much at Neymar level

In fairness, we haven't really seen whether Neymar is a grab a game by the scruff of the neck type of player at Barca, what with Messi playing just that role for years.

And he fairly did grab the PSG second leg game by the danglers last year in that comeback win. Was outstanding that night. Maybe it planted the seed that he wants to be the main man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

The fact is that those crossbar hitting shots didn't go in so he didn't score them. If me auntie had balls etc etc.

And yes, Neymar is that type of player. For Barca and Brazil. Look I don't want to put pogba down cause he's a very good player. He's just not at that level yet. Now we can go back and forth and say "he is/ he isn't" but I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Yeah but Pogba could have got a billion views for his crossbar challenges. #PogbarChallenge #DabNation #StormzyInnit

If you think a few more goals would have made him the best midfielder in the league you're either clueless about what makes a midfielder a good player, clueless about Pogba or about the quality of midfielders in the league, or all three.

De Bruyne hit the woodwork more than Pogba last season, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

2 completely different players who play in different positions where the attacking position value tends to be a bit higher so yeah Neymar is worth more than Pogba. Doesn't make Pogba bad. Although to be fair, I don't think the poser said that.

If you didn't see the difference in the Man Utd side last year when Pogba was out, then you didn't watch very much of United. He's the man to build our midfield around for the next 8-10 seasons. In today's market he's clearly worth what was paid. Also there was interest from other clubs, saying United had a free run at him is just wrong.

In fairness, we haven't really seen whether Neymar is a grab a game by the scruff of the neck type of player at Barca, what with Messi playing just that role for years.

And he fairly did grab the PSG second leg game by the danglers last year in that comeback win. Was outstanding that night. Maybe it planted the seed that he wants to be the main man.

So one game, thats it. Like you said Neymar hasnt shown to be a player to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Pogba has dominated as much as Neymar

SM01 wrote: »
    The fact is that those crossbar hitting shots didn't go in so he didn't score them. If me auntie had balls etc etc.

And yes, Neymar is that type of player. For Barca and Brazil. Look I don't want to put pogba down cause he's a very good player. He's just not at that level yet. Now we can go back and forth and say "he is/ he isn't" but I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

I dont really care if youre sticking to your guns you arent right. Neymar had a down season last year and was playing for Barcelona a team that hands out 5 nil beatings on the regular but her just ignore that :rolleyes:
    Pogba came into a team in turmoil and himself and Zlatan gave it some shape, its ridiculous that if a player signs for United all of a sudden hes suddenly not a good player anymore

Burial. wrote: »
    Yeah but Pogba could have got a billion views for his crossbar challenges. #PogbarChallenge #DabNation #StormzyInnit

If you think a few more goals would have made him the best midfielder in the league you're either clueless about what makes a midfielder a good player, clueless about Pogba or about the quality of midfielders in the league, or all three.

De Bruyne hit the woodwork more than Pogba last season, for what it's worth.

I think he is the best regardless of goals, its idiots who see goals as the only thing worth pointing out is whom I refer to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's no anti-United bias in saying Neymar's on another level to Pogba, I don't know of very many people at all who would argue otherwise. Neymar's probably one of the top 5 players in the world.

• Advertisement

I think he is the best regardless of goals, its idiots who see goals as the only thing worth pointing out is whom I refer to

It's crossbar hits that count.

stop it lad your embarrassingly yourself. If the goals went in he'd be the best midfielder hahaha

You are the one who should be embarrassed because you clearly havent a clue. I suppose Henderson is the best in your eyes :rolleyes: maybe Coutinho :pac::pac:
    The difference between you and I is I dont speak fluent english so I can get away with incorrect words, you have no excuse for the nonsense you have posted
    To clarify the word I intended to use was shots

Some transfer news from Ballague, saying that Coutinho is a target now for Barca and they are going to send in a new offer(think he might be a bit late to the party :D )

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/888465075924852736

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

astradave wrote: »
    Some transfer news from Ballague, saying that Coutinho is a target now for Barca and they are going to send in a new offer(think he might be a bit late to the party :D )

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/888465075924852736

Confirmed staying in Liverpool so, Guillem's rumours are the transfer equivalent of the kiss of death.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hopefully liverpool get that Keita lad. If for nothing else to stop this nonsense if both Liverpool and United had a 70m midfielder.

Oh please no. Shouldn't worry about what some clueless ****s post on internet, Keita is very good player. Hopefully he stays at Leipzig and extends his contract.

• Advertisement
Advertisement